SOLT Isolation Calibration - What

just Random

Oct 19, 2021, 7:05:36 AMOct 19
to scikit-rf
Is it possible to use the isolation parameter in the SOLT routine to remove test set capacitances?

The isolation coefficients should represent crosstalk between the channels?

I put together a small setup with simulated ideals / measurements in awr.
The Coff capacitances are inherit in my switches...

Setup, code and results:

The isolation is the 2-port network form the "real" load measurement. It does not seem to do much...

Thx in advance :)

Henrik Forstén

Oct 19, 2021, 12:43:56 PMOct 19
to scik...@googlegroups.com

Isolation calibration just subtracts the isolation measurement S21 and S12 from the measurement S21 and S12. It's a very simple calibration and can only correct for the leakage outside the calibration error model. Your measurement has more complicated leakage and it can't be applied.

just Random

Oct 20, 2021, 3:33:48 AMOct 20
to scikit-rf
I noticed that yesterday too  while reading the source for the algorithm given in the source code:
"Handbook of Microwave Component Measurements: with Advanced VNA Techniques"

Oh well, makes sense. Thank you for your answer!