Using Circuits for de-embedding

strin...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2021, 9:49:18 PMOct 17
to scikit-rf
I need to do de-embedding on a 3 port network so the only real way do to that it seems is to break it down using circuits. However, I have not seen anywhere how a specify a de-embedding element as one of the elements to then link to the needed port of the s3p that needs de-embedding. Thanks

Denz Choe

Oct 18, 2021, 12:17:24 AMOct 18
to scikit-rf
My guess is you have got three 2 ports network (generated with circuits) connected to each arm of your 3 ports network.
And you want to de-embed the 2 port networks away.

Have you seen this?

and this?

Don't forget to flip your 2 port Network object too if they are asymmetrical

Martin Schöön

Oct 18, 2021, 2:11:40 AMOct 18
to scik...@googlegroups.com
This paper may also be of interest:

/Martin

Julien Hillairet

Oct 19, 2021, 4:08:57 AMOct 19
to scik...@googlegroups.com
Dear "String12oil",

Are the answers proposed by Denz Choe and Martin Schöön fit your needs?

If you know the network parameters of the three 2-port networks you want to de-embed, this is quite simple with the use of the Network .inv() method. If you don't know the network parameters, I'm not sure the Deembedding class is compatible with a 3-port Network (Vikram Sekar or Jackson Anderson may have ideas about that?)

Julien

Vikram Sekar

Oct 19, 2021, 12:49:31 PMOct 19
to scik...@googlegroups.com
The standard de-embedding methods currently implemented in scikit-rf are valid only for 2-port networks. If you have examples of networks that you are looking to de-embed, and can share it, then it would help define the problem better and help suggest options to address it.

vikram