Using JDK 7 or even JDK 8 in future?

瀏覽次數:28 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Yili Zhao

未讀,
2014年1月14日 晚上8:53:232014/1/14
收件者:sci...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  Java SE 6 was released in December 11, 2006.

  Java SE 7 was released in July 28, 2011, and the newest  bug fix is Java SE 7 Update 51, which was released in 2014-01-14 with 36 security fixes.

  Java SE 8 will be released in March 18, 2014 based on Oracle announcement [1].

  Using JDK 7 will benefit for concurrency utilities ,and using JDK 8 will benefit for lambda expressions and JDK 7's goodies.

  Now is January 2014, there has been 8 years from JDK 6 released, and 3 years since JDK 7 released.

  For developers, Using JDK 7 or even JDK 8 will benefit for SciJava/ImageJ2/Fiji design.

  Happy new year 2014!

Curtis Rueden

未讀,
2014年1月14日 晚上9:25:222014/1/14
收件者:SciJava

Hi Yili,

Indeed. It is very unfortunate that Apple and the OpenJDK community decided not to support many older versions of OS X with Java 7, and that many computers cannot upgrade beyond certain OS X versions. It is thus not possible to run Java 7 on this older hardware. As a consequence, we unfortunately cannot rely on newer Java APIs without abandoning those computers.

Regards,
Curtis

Yili Zhao

未讀,
2014年1月14日 晚上11:01:422014/1/14
收件者:sci...@googlegroups.com、ctru...@wisc.edu
Hi Curtis,
  thanks for pointing out that older versions of OS X can't compatible with Java 7, and I just suppose that OS X version is 10.7/10.8/10.9.

  I hope we can use Java 7/8 in the future.

在 2014年1月15日星期三UTC+8上午10时25分22秒,Curtis Rueden写道:

Johannes Schindelin

未讀,
2014年1月15日 下午1:40:402014/1/15
收件者:Yili Zhao、sci...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Yili Zhao wrote:

> Java SE 6 was released in December 11, 2006.
>
> Java SE 7 was released in July 28, 2011,

... and still does not work on MacOSX < 10.7. And likely won't...

Ciao,
Johannes

Curtis Rueden

未讀,
2014年1月21日 下午5:49:522014/1/21
收件者:SciJava
Hi Yili,

I hope we can use Java 7/8 in the future.

Well, you certainly can use it with your own projects. Nice that Java is backwards compatible that way!

Regards,
Curtis
回覆所有人
回覆作者