Today we are launching 4.4.10, a bug-fixing release:
For OMERO, this includes:
* improved tile-loading
* better network-disconnect handling
* more flexible webapp deployment
* Ice 3.5.1 support (except on Windows)
* and numerous bug fixes, especially during the modification of metadata, users, and groups.
Bio-Formats improvements include fixes for the following formats:
* Zeiss CZI
* and updates to the MATLAB documentation.
Full details are available on the OMERO Github milestone and the Bio-Formats Github milestone pages.
The software is available from
For information on upgrading your server, see http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/sysadmins/server-upgrade.html
For full details of the next major release, see the 5.0.0 milestone page. We currently intend 4.4.10 to be the last update to the 4.4.x series. Our development focus is now on the OME 5 line, and as stated in a previous announcement, while we will continue to support 4.4.10 through 2014, we will only perform critical bug fixes on this version.
The OME Team