another hoax

Pravin Sabnis

Sep 15, 2009, 9:47:49 PM9/15/09
to scientif...@googlegroups.com
check out

the article : COIMBATORE: Astrophysics and 14-year-olds may seem like a ‘paradox’, but the future and present will co-exist when Hannan Binth Hashim delivers her lecture on astrophysics at Universities of Boston, Chicago, Texas, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and 17 others across the world. Hannan’s six-monthlong cruise will begin this July.

A resident of Kozhikode and a class X student, Hanaan is an aspiring astrophysicist and mathematical researcher. Through her research titled ‘Absolute Theory of Zero’ she is questioning the accuracy of many existing theories like Albert Einstein’s ‘Theory of relativity’ and the Big Bang Theory. With a mentor in Dr Soumya Vasudevan, a Hind Rattan award winner, Hanaan’s works are being considered for publishing in ‘American Journal of Theoretical Physics’.

“Absolute Theory of Zero is a new mathematical system which explains the established theories in a different light. Through the theory I’m trying to explain that the speed of light is not constant always,” she explains. “Discovering the hidden concepts of universe does not lie only in new scientific theories but also in the unexplained corners of old theories.” Hanaan developed a keen interest in astrophysics while studying in eighth standard. According to her mother Ayesha, she used to read the books of her elder sister, who was in twelfth then.

She is a regular visitor to the observatories at Kozhikode and Bangalore, where she does her research. Her works have been appreciated by former President A P J Abdul Kalam, scientists at IISc, IIMSc and many leading research institutes around the world including NASA. Hanaan believes that the conditions in Venus are conducive to sustain life.“Scientists should overcome the atmospheric challenges of Venus and should be willing to probe more. Like Mars, which we believe can sustain life, Venus too is a promising planet,” she said and added that the scientific community should accept that the universe is constantly changing.

“My question is why are theories replacing theories. Einstein was right during his time. Today I might prove him wrong and tomorrow someone else will prove me wrong.” Hanaan participated in the NASA space camp which was held last month and said that she was thrilled when a model rocket designed by her was launched. She is gearing up for Siemens Westinghouse Science and Technology competition for high school students in October this year in the US where she is likely to meet US President Barack Obama. “I’m already in touch with President Obama and am looking forward to meeting him. He has always been a source of inspiration for me.

ISRO chairman Madhavan Nair is also a huge support and inspiration,” she said and added that Indian students have huge potential and wants the scientific community in India to set up more institutions to hone the skills of the young talent pool.

AND THE REJOINDER

btw
* there is no institute like IIMSc
• There is no Dr Soumya Vasudevan who received a Hind Rattan Prize. Refer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hind_Rattan
• There is no "American Journal of Theoritical Science".
• The School website doesn't say anything about that. Refer
http://www.stjosephsangloindianschool.org/principal.htm
Seems like this news is a pure scandal…