check out nirmukta.com

Pravin Sabnis

Jul 27, 2009, 11:58:54 PM7/27/09
to scientif...@googlegroups.com
check out

I have come across many who question me about this. In one of my recent tours I was asked by a teacher whether it was true that the world was coming to an end on a particular date in 2010. I counter questioned him whether he believed that to be true. He replied in the affirmative. I repeated the question asking him whether he really believed so. When he replied vehemently- yes. I asked him whether he had any property. When he replied that he had a small house worth about a million rupees. Then I asked him whether the title papers were in order. He said they were but questioned me as to why I was interested in that. I told him that I was ready to purchase his house for one tenth of its market value, registering a sale deed which would come into effect a week after the predicted date of the end of world in which he had implicit belief. When he dithered I told him that he would have no problems he would have pocketed my money selling me a useless bit of property which would be non existent on the date of the deed coming into force! This has been my usual challenge to those who forecast dooms day! I keep reiterating this whenever someone tells me that he or she has implicit belief in the world coming to an end on a particular day -  Narendra Nayak

Kevin Saldanha

Jul 28, 2009, 12:09:25 PM7/28/09
to scientif...@googlegroups.com, eat...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Pravin,

We watched an interesting documentary on the prophecy of the last days of the current Mayan Calendar - 12-21-12 - called 2012 from our Spiritual Cinema Circle for July.

Naturally, Hollywood (and it's ever resourceful special effects teams) thrive on propagating the fear that arises out of ignorance... Just check out this trailer for 2012

Interestingly, the documentary featured legitimate scientists and investigators and their opinions on what this date meant to humanity.  I would make the same wager (as below) with anyone predicting the 'sky is falling'.  There appears to be a large group of Christians waiting for 'The Rapture'

Kevin
--

Jonathan Swift  - "May you live every day of your life."