upcoming REEF BUILDING WORKSHOP - SanAndrés, Colombia - Sep 2021

1 view

Hanna Kuhfuss

Jun 19, 2021, 7:35:57 AM6/19/21
to european-scient...@googlegroups.com

REEF BUILDING WORKSHOP - LIVING SHORELINES: Green Engineering Methods for Coral Reef Rehabilitation

10  - 20 Sep 2021

Registration deadline: 15th of July 2021

Dear all,

We, rrreefs are excited to announce our first-ever international reef-building workshop in partnership with Corales de Paz, taking place this September in San Andrés, Colombia.

This goes out to everyone interested in joining us in building the first pilot reef with rrreefs’ easy-to-handle 3D-printed stackable brick system. It is a 10-day intensive full-time 100 hours hands-on, and in-water practical workshop (incl. 14 SCUBA dives). The workshop touches on coral ecology, newest approaches to coral restoration and ecosystem rehabilitation, appropriate design, logistics, and evaluation of a restoration project. We will showcase the feasibility of construction and customization, with a subsequent multi-year monitoring program. This new approach of passive, structure-based reef regeneration will be combined with proven active reef restoration approaches such as coral fragmentation, gardening, and transplantation techniques perfected by Corales de Paz.

The program will be divided into a series of classroom lessons and field activities. Lessons will be held in English. All in-water field activities will be carried out with SCUBA diving equipment.

To download the full program for more details, costs, and other practical information, please use the Workshop brochure and flyer links or visit our homepage rrreefs.com

For any additional information, feel free to send an email to in...@rrreefs.com

Cheers,

your rrreefs team

Hanna Kuhfuss

Marie Griesmar

Ulrike Pfreundt

--
HANNA KUHFUSS

Co-Founder at rrreefs (NGO)

rethinking-rebuilding-regenerating coral reefs

www.rrreefs.com

Geschäftsführerin/Gründerin Aerialnauten
by Schwerelos Yoga Freiburg
Aerial Yoga Studio, Yoga Therapie & Training
mobile (+49) 177 3454 952