Reminder: Scientific Diving course in June/July

Thomas Grab

Mar 18, 2023, 6:29:16 AM3/18/23
to scientific-...@googlegroups.com, thoma...@f4-tubaf.de

Dear Diving Community,

unfortunately there were big problems with our IT shortly after the first announcement in January, which is why not all mails may have arrived. University operations are back to normal, only the websites are not yet available again. If you are interested in our course, please contact us at the following address again: Thoma...@f4-tubaf.de

If you are interested, I would be happy to send you all the information directly.

Many greetings from Freiberg

Thomas

---------------------

Dear all,

                I would like to inform you about the next Scientific Diving course that will be held in Freiberg (Germany), 23 June – 02 July 2023.

The Scientific Diving Center of the TU Freiberg is organising a compact training course in two modules:

Modul I   23 June – 02 July 2023

The course is separated in lectures in the morning and practical pool training in the afternoon. Topics of the lectures can be adapted to the participants and will be e.g. oceanology, geoscience, hydrothermal systems, sampling (water, gas, sediments, rocks and biota), measuring equipment (e.g. temperature, pH, ORP, EC), photo and video documentation. At the beginning and at the end of the course a two days dive camp with practical training in freshwater lakes takes place.

Modul II   02 – 16 September 2023

The excursion will be a two weeks research project in the marine environment around the peninsula Sveta Marina in Croatia. During the field trip the participants work on a scientific topic. Different working groups offer many topics in the field of e.g. geology, gas and water chemistry, microbiology, engineering, heat and material transport or photo and video documentation. Own Ideas and topics from the participants are very welcome.

Furthermore, there is the possibility for qualification as "Scientific Diving Instructor" or “Citizen Science Diver”. To get more information’s about the course and the content you can write an e-mail to Thoma...@f4-tubaf.de or call +493731393004, contact person is Dr. Thomas Grab.

The course in taught in English and registration is open! The number of participants is limited to 10.

More information’s to the call and the costs are available via email.

Call and application form are available at the website (hopefully soon available again) of SDC TU Freiberg.

Please, circulate the announcement among students and any possible interested people.

For more information, do not hesitate to contact thoma...@f4-tubaf.de

Best regards from Freiberg

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Grab