"Scientific Diver" training course

Grab Thomas

Apr 28, 2022, 10:37:51 AM4/28/22
to european-scient...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

After a break of two years I would like to draw your attention to a course of the Scientific Diving Center of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg. As you may already know, the SDC in Freiberg trains divers to become scientific divers. For external students and scientists, we offer a block course consisting of theory, practice and excursion for this qualification. The description of the two modules can be found at the end of this mail.

In this context, I would like to ask if you can publish or forward the following dates/instructions for the block course at appropriate places in your department?

Block course for the training as "Scientific Diver" as well as "Advanced Scientific Diver" at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg

When:              24.06.-03.07.2022

Where:              SDC (GER/S00) Freiberg, TU Bergakademie Freiberg

Field trip:         September 2022 (Sveta Marina, Croatia)

Scientific Divers interested in becoming a Scientific Diving Instructor and divers interested becoming citizens science divers are also welcome to contact the SDC Freiberg.

 Information’s to the course and the content can be found at the webpage: https://tu-freiberg.de/en/sdc  or mail on Thoma...@sdc.tu-freiberg.de or telephone 03731393004, Contact is Dr. Thomas Grab.

 The content of the course and the project at the field trip can be adapted to the participants.

Interested divers can register until the 31.05.2022

I would like to thank you very much for your support!
Best regards from Freiberg

Dr. Thomas Grab

 Modul I

The course is separated in lectures in the morning and practical pool training in the afternoon.

Topics of the lectures can be adapted to the participants and will be e.g. oceanology, geoscience, hydrothermal systems, submarine volcanism, measuring equipment or photo and video documentation.  At the beginning and at the end of the course a two days dive camp with practical training in freshwater lakes takes place.

Modul II

The excursion will be a two weeks research project in the marine environment around the submarine volcano of the beautiful island Panarea, Italy from 01—06.09.2017. During the field trip the participants work on a scientific topic. Different working groups offer many topics in the field of e.g. geology, gas and water chemistry, microbiology, heat and material transport or photo and video documentation.  Own Ideas and topics from the participants are very welcome.

The prerequisite for participation is at least a CMAS** (or equivalent) diving license and a valid medical diving examination and a scientific degree.
Successful participants of both modules will be credited as CMAS scientific divers and receive this brevier which enables them to participate in underwater research.

Dr. Thomas Grab

Koordinator

TU Bergakademie Freiberg

Scientific Diving Center

Gustav-Zeuner-Str. 7

Raum 303

D-09599 Freiberg

SDC_TUBAF_logo_sw_neu

Tel.:  +49 (0) 3731/ 39 3004

Mail: Thoma...@sdc.tu-freiberg.de

Web: https://tu-freiberg.de/sdc

2022-announcement-course-scientific-diver-TU-Freiberg.pdf