Game-On - Help with scoring & coaching

hitendra...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2021, 7:59:38 AM2/6/21
to Science Olympiad Coaches
Hello

This is my second year as team coach and I am afraid I am still as clueless as I was when I started.

I am trying to help my students with "Game-On" and have been struggling to understand how to apply the scoring rubric.

Overlapping Sections:
There are sections that seem duplicate and there are sections (Quality and Complexity of Sprites seems to overlap with User controlled and autonomous sprites and Play Balance sections)

Sections that are a total Mystery:
Then there are sections which are totally subjective - and I really do not know how to asses them ( Science of the Theme, Multiplier to apply (1 or 0.67), Over all Game) (-- to a new bee like me all games seem original).

what is a good score?
What kind of score would be considered a good score for this event?

Thanks

Hiten

Just another Overwhelmed Parent....