Helicopter

Amy Nespor

Dec 9, 2020, 7:25:54 PM12/9/20
to ScienceOlym...@googlegroups.com
Helicopter Event for middle school;

Anyone have any ideas for supplies? I have a glider in my garage but they changed it this year to a helicopter. Has anyone done this yet at an invitational?

Any ideas for supplies? I am not an engineer. Thanks.
Amy Nespor, Ph.D.
Science Liaison LCUSD

Marla Haugen

Dec 9, 2020, 8:14:12 PM12/9/20
to Amy Nespor, ScienceOlym...@googlegroups.com
I am in need of help too!

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 9, 2020, at 4:25 PM, Amy Nespor <ane...@lcusd.net> wrote:

STOP and VERIFY - this message came from outside the district.

Punam Gollamudi

Dec 11, 2020, 6:17:32 PM12/11/20
to Science Olympiad Coaches
Hi! You can buy a kit to help kick off the project.  https://www.freedomflightmodels.com
You have to email Dave and ask for the kit. There is a base kit and a rebuild kit that you can purchase. I think you also need a winder and a torque meter. (Perhaps this is purchased elsewhere?).

There seems to be some info here.
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Helicopters

My son did this event for BearSO recently and it was very cool, except I am not sure our ceiling appreciated it.

 Hopefully, anyone reading this can correct any misinformation in this email!

Good Luck!

Elizabeth

Dec 11, 2020, 6:50:51 PM12/11/20
to Punam Gollamudi, Science Olympiad Coaches
I remember now that my team started with a kit also