----- Forwarded message from code elusive <code.e...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:38:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: code elusive <code.e...@gmail.com
Subject: [DIYbio] Re: Downloading JoVE videos?
A method to extract the full JoVE video files, using Firefox, is described
Extraction of full JoVE video files
1. In Firefox, open a new tab (my FF version is 23.0.1)
2. Press Ctr+Shift+K to open the Web console window (Or go from Firefox>Web
3. On the web console, the following buttons must be pressed (if they are
not, press them): "Net" and "Logging"
4. Paste the url of the webpage you're interested in and start playing the
short video segment.
From the lines that have appeared on the web console, we want the video
file links, which most probably include a .mov or .mp4 extension.
5. Once the short video segment has ended, filter the lines using the"filter output"box of the web console (next to the "clear" button) and search for
.mov or .mp4.
The lines with the link start as
6. Right click the appropriate line, select "copy link location" and either
paste in a new tab, or download with your favorite download manager.
that's it :)
Of course it is possible that an even easier method exists.
I hope the explanation is clear. Let me know if I can clarify anything.
For those that are interested in the video files from the links that Patrik
posted, the links are:
have a nice evening :)
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com
. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com
. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com
To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/52ddb906-43b2-45a3-a223-b66a8485e362%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
----- End forwarded message -----
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org
ICBM: 48.07100, 11.36820 http://ativel.com http://postbiota.org
AC894EC5: 38A5 5F46 A4FF 59B8 336B 47EE F46E 3489 AC89 4EC5