Re: [sci-anchorage] When will we meet at Barnes and Noble again?

Message has been deleted

Jeff Medkeff

Mar 27, 2008, 6:46:39 PM3/27/08
to science-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris,

I suppose there are two answers to this question:

1) I don't know;

2) Whenever you want.

I have no objection to anyone saying "I'm going to be at location X at
time Y, and you can recognize me by the Z that I will be carrying;
come on down and we'll hang out." Just make sure you do have a Z -
something distinctive that people can look for, like a stuffed
cephalopod or something.

As for "official" meetups, if there is such a thing, I had planned to
bounce around to different venues and use different days of the week,
so that we can maximize the number of people who can come to at least
some of the events. I have not had a chance to think about when or
where the next event would be (I've been busy dealing with asteroid-
naming publicity and media interviews), but I was planning on doing
something three weeks after the first event, and maybe going somewhere
that serves food next time.

--
Jeff

On Mar 26, 2008, at 11:57 PM, chris wrote:

> That is the best place for me to meet up. Sorry I didn't make it last
> Thursday. It especially is frustrating for me because I was there at
> the right time even, but I mixed up my dates. I'll should be able to
> make every meeting when we meet Thursday at B&N because I take my
> daughter there to play Go every Thursday at 7:00.
>
> Any word on when it will happen again?

ptar...@iceworm.com

Mar 29, 2008, 1:06:55 PM3/29/08
to Science and Skepticism in Anchorage

I'm glad that the meeting was successful! I was unable to come, as I
work until 7pm and have an hour drive to get to B&N. I'll try to come
to meetings, but it'll be hit-and-miss. Some days, I may not know
until an hour before the meet-up whether or not I can come. Somewhere
that serves food would be good, so long as its not super expensive!

->Teresa