Valley Meet Up

Scott Elyard

Jun 19, 2008, 6:20:01 PM6/19/08
to science-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys.  I'd like to go back to the idea of meeting out in the Valley in June.  Possibly outdoors, with the bugs and the bears.  Teresa mentioned the Alaska Live Steamers thingy, which I'm totally for because:

A. I love trains.  All hail trains!
B. How cool would it be to get some hands-on skeptical training?
C. The pun in B was Teresa's idea.  Well, she started it.

I've been moving out of the Valley these past few months, but am up for commuting and such.

--
Scott Elyard
http://coherentlight.blogspot.com/

Teresa Nunes

Jun 19, 2008, 7:50:56 PM6/19/08
to science-...@googlegroups.com
I'm up for it, but it has to be on a weekend if we want to visit the steamers. :-)  Weekends are good for me, as I work during the week anyway.   I heard that the steamers are moving.  The land they are on is owned by the airport and the airport is being expanded in upcoming years.  If we want to see the steamers as they are now, I think we have to go this year.  They won't be here forever.

->T
__________________________________
Teresa Nunes
Meadow Lakes, Alaska

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another."
-Plato, The Republic

s_r...@yahoo.com

Jun 21, 2008, 7:18:48 PM6/21/08
to Science and Skepticism in Anchorage
Along the lines of this topic, I was meaning to post a fresh plug for
the upcoming Flyball Tournament.

The dogs will be running at the Palmer Fairgrounds June 25 & 26
(Wendesday and Thursday) and June 28 & 29 (Saturday & Sunday). Each
day will have races at 10am, 11am, noon, 2pm, and 3pm. The event is
hosted by Alaska's only (so far) flyball team and will feature dogs
from other teams around the country.

You can enter on the Palmer side of the Fairgrounds. (Plenty of
parking spaces this time of year.) It'll cost you nothing except gas
money.

Jeff Medkeff

Aug 23, 2008, 2:32:25 AM8/23/08
to science-...@googlegroups.com

I am sorry that I am posting this from Jeff's account. I couldn't log
on from my account.
I know that there are people that knew about Jeff's illness and that
he had passed away on the third of August.
On Sunday, the 24th of August, there is going to be a celebration of
life at our house from 2:30.
For anyone interested, please email me for the address.
I can be reached at ka...@medkeff.com

sorry for the brevity of the message.

Karen

s_r...@yahoo.com

Aug 23, 2008, 8:48:27 PM8/23/08
to Science and Skepticism in Anchorage
Unfortunately, I have a previous engagement at exactly that time. But
I'll be thinking of Jeff, anyway.

Teresa Nunes

Aug 23, 2008, 9:29:29 PM8/23/08
to science-...@googlegroups.com
I can't make it either, but I will definitely be thinking of Jeff's
friends and family. I didn't know him well (only met him once), but I
read and enjoyed his blog.

Best regards,

->T

On Aug 23, 2008, at 4:48 PM, s_r...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have a previous engagement at exactly that time. But
> I'll be thinking of Jeff, anyway.

Teresa Nunes, KL0WW
Meadow Lakes, Alaska
ptar...@iceworm.com

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
-Plato