Info: Web3D Repository updates 2001-10-22

1 view

kiwano

Oct 21, 2001, 10:55:59 AM10/21/01
[ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. ]

The Web3D Repository is a noncommercial resource for the Web3D community
provided by the Web3D Consortium located at:

http://www.web3d.org/vrml/vrml.htm

By listing the products below, Web3D Consortium and the Web3D Repository are
only providing information, and are not endorsing any of these products.
n.b. the following updates will be realised in the Repository Monday
2001-10-22 2:07am PST.

|==================================================|
-Web3D 2002 Conference-
7th International Conference on 3D Web Technology
http://Web3DSymposium.org
February 25- 28, 2002 Tempe, AZ USA
Sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH and the WEB3D CONSORTIUM

|===================================================|

this week: 2001-10-22

ART GALLERIES
=============

Galerie Ralf Zakko Petersen ( Ralf Petersen )
http://www.zakkopet.de/

Gallery, showing drawings, paintings, cometchings and more. Themes and
motifs are Fishtown Bremerhaven (Germany)and the landscape and situations Im
living in between.

The gallery is a landscape with buildings I made in VRML. For the next
future there are some guestartists invited to send me their works for an
exhibitition on the steamer. This will be a monthly, or so, changing
guest-exhibition (if everything works out like I planned it)It will be fine
youll walk around here sometimes and give me a link.

--|--

COMPETITIONS
============

immedia 2002

Deadline for submissions: 15-12-2001

http://entity.ummu.umich.edu

This year's exhibition theme is "The Senses."
immedia has become an international event. works created with or in response
to digital and electronic media are welcomed. these may include, but are not
limited to, installation, music, performance, dance, video and animation,
interactive graphics, flat work, and web design. entity is also seeking
groups or individuals interested in performing at the event, giving short
lectures, presentation, or holding workshops on digital art and related
media.

--|--

CREATION TOOLS
==============
Anim8or (R. Steven Glanville )
http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html
Anim8or is a 3D modeling and character animation program that I have written
over the past couple of years, not as a commercial endeavor, but because I
love 3D graphics, animation, and programming. While it is far from a
complete professional level application like 3DStudio MAX or Lightwave, I
believe that it has enough capability to be of use to others. And there are
many additional features that I plan to add. Thus I am making Anim8or
available as freeware for anyone to use.

--|--

EVENTS
======
14-18Apr 2002
Advanced Simulation Technologies Conference - ASTC 02
Marriott Mission Valley San Diego, California, USA

http://www.scs.org/confernc/astc02/cfp/astc2002cfp-gen.html
Physical The Advanced Simulation Technologies Conference (ASTC) is an
annual conference sponsored by the Society for Modeling and Simulation
International which covers state-of-the-art developments in computer
simulation technologies, as well as scientific, industrial, and business
applications. Areas covered include high-performance computing technologies,
models and algorithms, GUI visualization technologies, communications and
much more.

--|--

MULTIUSER SERVERS
=================

zstar (Adam Kelly / Art Yerkes)
http://zstar.sourceforge.net/
zstar (z*) Networked 3D project is an extensible, distributed system for 3D
application and game development, consisting of an abstract client (similar
in concept to the one that xpilot uses) and a game server to which players
connect to play games against other players or alone. This framework should
be suitable for FPS, VR, MUDs, or any application that requires 3D and
networking. The Win32 version currently only runs under Cygwin.

Platforms:
Linux win32 solaris

Server type:
Source Code: Java

--|--
Dive ( Swedish Institute of Computer Science )
http://www.sics.se/dive/
The Distributed Interactive Virtual Environment (DIVE) is an internet-based
multi-user VR system where participants navigate in 3D space and see, meet
and interact with other users and applications. The DIVE software is a
research prototype covered by licenses. Binaries for non-commercial use,
however, are freely available for a number of platforms.

Platforms:
SGI Irix 5.3 and above
HP HPUX 9.0X and 10.X
SUN Solaris 2.4 and above and SunOS 4
Linux 2.X
Windows NT

n.b (Dive is a peer to peer application )

--|--

TUTORIALS
=========
Creating an interactive 3D object using VRML (Brian Hay)
http://www.virtualrealms.com.au/vrml/tute01/tutorial.htm
A feature rich, step by step tutorial that can be used to create objects
that can be easily used in deucational or comercial enviroments. It also
features teh basics of VRML and a large resources page.

--|--

WEB3D RESOURCE SITES

Lucidspace
http://www.lucidspace.com
The community has been made over to include a wide range of endeavors and
interests as well as Web3d, such as digital art and music, electronic
freedom, offbeat humor and discussions.

===|===

--
kiwano (Andrew Reitemeyer)