ternary diagrams

rbot...@ccgate.tdr.tas.gov.au

Sep 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/28/95

>I would be very grateful if someone out there could recommend >software
for plotting ternary composition diagrams on an >IBM-compatible PC, in
WINDOWS.>

>Thank you in advance,
>Ernie Nickel

Ernie,

I use quite a good product called MINPET, which does various
mineralogical and petrological functions, plots, stats, CIPW norms,
etc.: $1000CAN from:
Linda Richard, Minpet Geological Software, 146 Du Chateau,
Masson-Angers, Quebec Canada. J8M 1J3.

Several other programs with the capability, including IGPET (I have
used an old, non-intuitive version but I gather it has improved), are
available from Rock Ware Inc.:
451 Kipling St., Wheat Ridge, Colorado, 80033 USA

And I don't get a commission from either!

There probably are shareware programs about, but I am not aware of
them.

I have also created triagular diagrams with Excel, if you are really
desperate!

Ralph Bottrill

Ralph.B...@tdr.tas.gov.au Tasmanian Geological
Industry Safety & Mines, _--_|\ Survey
Tasmania Development / \ P.O. Box 56, Rosny Park
and Resources \_.--._/ Tasmania 7018, Australia
Aus Tel: 002-33-8359 v Intl Tel: +61-02-33-8359
Aus Fax: 002-33-8338 Here!.../ Intl Fax: +61-02-33-8338

nicholas...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2013, 9:25:56 AM12/19/13
Dear Ernie/Ralph,

I wanted to mention that I have just published on CRAN, a package for R, for the plotting of ternary diagrams.

It is based off ggplot2, which is highly regarded, and, my website can be viewed at www.ggtern.com, including many examples, specifically including a case study at the following address:

http://ggtern.com/case-study-zirconia-alumina-silica/

Hope you find it of value.

Best Regards,

Nicholas Hamilton
School of Materials Science and Engineering
Univesity of New South Wales
Sydney Australia
--
www.ggtern.com