Q understanding statistical problems from deterministic aspects

Cosine

Jan 23, 2021, 6:16:02 AM1/23/21
Hi:

Could we understand statistical problems from deterministic perspectives? When a problem involves no random variables, we discuss whether the problem has: a unique solution, infinitely many solutions, or no solution. In contrast, when a problem has a random variable, we cannot sure if the solution found would happen for sure, but can only tell that the solution would happen with a certain probability. Could we understand this as we do not have enough information to formulate the problem in a deterministic sense?

Likewise, could we start "thinking" or formulate a problem in the statistical sense, and then find a way to understand or interpret it in the deterministic sense?