NASA Ready To Try SLS Again - Nov 14th is Target Date

26C.Z968

Nov 6, 2022, 11:20:49 AM11/6/22
https://scitechdaily.com/nasas-massive-artemis-i-moon-rocket-arrives-at-launch-pad-ahead-of-historic-mission/

Artemis I launch is currently targeted for November 14 at the
opening of a 69-minute launch window starting at 12:07 a.m. EST.
Artemis I will be the first integrated test of NASA’s SLS rocket
and Orion spacecraft. The primary goal of Artemis I is to
thoroughly test the integrated systems before crewed missions
by launching Orion atop the SLS rocket, operating the spacecraft
in a deep space environment, testing Orion’s heat shield, and
recovering the crew module after reentry, descent, and splashdown.

. . .

4th time the charm ? :-)

Admittedly it's a brand new rocket - however the
fuel leak situation was alarming. Perhaps they
have figured that out.

I think regulators have been holding back on Musk's
Starship until the SLS actually flies - publicity
motives.

Musk's BFR/Starship may ultimately be the more useful
launch system because it has room for much more and
physically larger cargo. There's also a question of
whether a few giant rocket engines are better than
lots of smaller ones as in the SpaceX design. It may
be easier to cast/forge/machine more smaller parts
than a few huge ones.