Some MORON At NASA Tells Voyager-2 to Point Antenna in WRONG DIRECTION

23k.302

Jul 31, 2023, 10:02:43 PM7/31/23
https://phys.org/news/2023-07-nasa-voyager-spacecraft-wrong-contact.html

NASA is listening for any peep from Voyager 2 after losing contact
with the spacecraft billions of miles away.

Hurtling ever deeper into interstellar space, Voyager 2 has been
out of touch ever since flight controllers accidentally sent a
wrong command more than a week ago that tilted its antenna away
from Earth. The spacecraft's antenna shifted a mere 2%, but it
was enough to cut communications.

. . .

Umm ... does that come out of his paycheck ???

Let's see, our most-distant probe, our pride,
still working after all this time, still doing
its job, now out beyond our solar system - and
SOMEBODY POINTS THE ANTENNA IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ???

Not sure that can be fixed. Clearly being off
even 2% is enough to cause a blackout now - the
thing IS really really far away. MIGHT be able
to send a new command using a VERY strong signal,
but the longer they wait the lower the chances.