HILTON To Build "Space Hotel" From Inflatable Components

26C.Z968

Sep 22, 2022, 10:19:09 PM9/22/22
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11240615/Hilton-Hotels-designing-luxurious-astronaut-suites-inside-inflatable-space-habitat.html

Orbiting the Earth in style! Hilton Hotels is designing
luxurious astronaut suites inside an inflatable space habitat
that could replace the ISS after it launches in 2027

Hilton Hotels was chosen to design suites for Voyagers inflatable
space habitat that is set to launch in 2027 and could replace
the International Space Station

No details about the rooms have been shared as of yet

The announcement states the suites will make ‘extended stays
more comfortable'

. . .

Well SOMEONE is banking on there NOT being a WW-3.

May as well, the money won't mean anything if there
is WW-3 anyhow, so invest now.

As for astronauts ... to Hilton they're sort of like
"the help" ... cramped discount rooms probably while
Paris and her circle :-)

INFLATABLE tech has been in development for quite
a while now, and the latest offerings seem to be
extremely robust AND light-weight. Place, inflate,
maybe spray-in some urethane fiber-reinforced
foam-rubber on the inside, then bring in the equipment.

Add a simple tinfoil outer shield once in orbit to
intercept the more-numerous dust/smoke-sized erosive
micro-meteors and you're good for a long time. There
were rumors the Chinese were going to add inflatable
sections to their space station, but, to date, that
hasn't happened.

Now, of course, as in the past, Hilton may be buying
blueprints for this thing - but it may be more about
publicity than for anything that'd be physically
realized. However it COULD be realized, and some of
Musk's current/future rockets could move a lot of
components into orbit semi-affordably. The StarShip
booster alone can lift a LOT of weight.

Byker

Sep 23, 2022, 8:29:11 PM9/23/22
"26C.Z968" wrote in message

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11240615/Hilton-Hotels-designing-luxurious-astronaut-suites-inside-inflatable-space-habitat.html
>
> Orbiting the Earth in style! Hilton Hotels is designing luxurious
> astronaut suites inside an inflatable space habitat that could replace the
> ISS after it launches in 2027

But it'll be another century before the average
working stiff will be able to afford to stay in one...

Mitchell Holman

Sep 23, 2022, 10:10:15 PM9/23/22
"Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote in
True.

But every item originally built for the
rich - toilets, cars, air conditioners, home
appliances, telephones, electric lights -
eventually finds its way to the middle class
and even the poor.

PS: I took your advice and resumed posting
to the aviation group, the response so far has
been.....underwhelming.

Sigh.......