Shuttle leaps the wall

Snidely

Jan 30, 2024, 8:26:25 PMJan 30
Since arriving in Los Angeles 11 1/3 years ago, the space shuttle
Endeavour has been on temporary display at the California Science
Center. Last night, it was lifted into it's full stack position for
permanent display. The crane-assisted take-off lasted several hours,
most of which was streamed by the CSC.

<URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eTmJUBcPZM>

The CSC also let NASA Space Flight (NSF) in with a camera.

<URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbilYL-sqe0>

The CSC stream starts at about first motion, with several cameras, some
of which may be cell phones, but also with a drone. There are captions
but no commentary or narration.

The NSF stream starts later, but runs slightly later as well. The NSF
camera is "inside the well" (inside the lower portions of a building to
be completed). There's the usual NSF commentary, including Chris
Bergin with a bunch of Endeavour photos ... construction, flight, and
turn-around work. Also, astronaut Garrett Reisman, whose first flight
was on Endeavour to the ISS, chats with camera-hostler Jack Beyer.

Gads, it doesn't seem like 11+ years, but also it seems like another
lifetime.

/dps

--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain

Alain Fournier

Jan 30, 2024, 8:46:24 PMJan 30
Thanks for that.

Alain Fournier

Snidely

Jan 30, 2024, 8:49:47 PMJan 30
[groups corrected]
Ieri, oggi, domani

Snidely

Feb 3, 2024, 7:31:27 PMFeb 3
Snidely formulated the question :
> [groups corrected]
>
>> Since arriving in Los Angeles 11 1/3 years ago, the space shuttle Endeavour
>> has been on temporary display at the California Science Center. Last
>> night, it was lifted into it's full stack position for permanent display.
>> The crane-assisted take-off lasted several hours, most of which was
>> streamed by the CSC.
>>
>> <URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eTmJUBcPZM>
>>
>> The CSC also let NASA Space Flight (NSF) in with a camera.
>>
>> <URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbilYL-sqe0>
>>
>> The CSC stream starts at about first motion, with several cameras, some of
>> which may be cell phones, but also with a drone. There are captions but no
>> commentary or narration.

Turns out there is sporadic commentary, as around 1h 20m and 1h 40m.

>> The NSF stream starts later, but runs slightly later as well. The NSF
>> camera is "inside the well" (inside the lower portions of a building to be
>> completed). There's the usual NSF commentary, including Chris Bergin with
>> a bunch of Endeavour photos ... construction, flight, and turn-around work.
>> Also, astronaut Garrett Reisman, whose first flight was on Endeavour to
>> the ISS, chats with camera-hostler Jack Beyer.
>>
>> Gads, it doesn't seem like 11+ years, but also it seems like another
>> lifetime.
>>
>> /dps

-d

--
"Inviting people to laugh with you while you are laughing at yourself
is a good thing to do, You may be a fool but you're the fool in