Artemis I Opens Door For New Space Exploration Program

dump...@hotmail.com

Aug 28, 2022, 7:37:54 PM8/28/22

"Characterized as a challenge high in risk, NASA's Artemis I flight test opens a
new era in human space exploration, one intended to provide global dividends
across the science, economic and global leadership spectrums, agency
leaders said as the mission's two-day launch countdown got underway.

Liftoff of the 322-ft. Space Launch System (SLS) rocket to send an uncrewed
Orion capsule on a 42-day mission around the Moon and back—designed to
assess the hardware and operations for human missions to follow—is set for
April 29 at 8:33 a.m. EDT at the opening of a 2-hr. launch window, with backup
opportunities on Sept. 2 and 5.

Officially, the agency is targeting a late-2025 launch for Artemis III, which is
expected to become the first post-Apollo mission to deliver astronauts to the
surface of the Moon, with landing planned for the unexplored south pole.

Follow-on efforts to establish a sustained lunar presence with international
and commercial partners are aiming to vault humanity to Mars in the late
2030s or early 2040s, according to NASA Administrator Bill Nelson."

See:

https://aviationweek.com/defense-space/space-focus/artemis-i-opens-door-new-space-exploration-program

dump...@hotmail.com

Aug 31, 2022, 7:12:35 PM8/31/22
NASA's Artemis I launch rescheduled after initial attempt scrubbed due to malfunction:

"After a thwarted attempt earlier this week, NASA will try to launch its next-generation megarocket Saturday on a test flight to the moon, agency officials announced Tuesday."

See:

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/nasas-artemis-launch-rescheduled-initial-attempt-scrubbed-rcna45568