Ion Drive using Modified Bench top Fusion Containment

Douglas Eagleson

Aug 19, 2022, 9:08:26 PM8/19/22
I have a design for a Bench top fusion Generator. Like
most attempts it will likely leak. It uses a Penning Trap
for a cylindrical vessel. Think of a simple wire round
solenoid type of affair. Super conducting of course.

At each end are mirrors. I am ignorant of the exact
valid mirror field. But believe whatever is attempted
it will leak in relation to the energy density in
containment.

So why not use it as an ion drive. Maybe having
one mirror be deviated for preferred ion emission.
Making a mirrors the challenge.

I do have a focusing Linac design. In the old days
a simple solenoid accelerator was attempted.
My magnets are confidential.

Douglas Eagleson

Aug 25, 2022, 9:23:49 PM8/25/22
just to put my mirror in perspective, the magnetic mirror
has origins in the racetrack microtron . the designers had a
double-d design where a continuous track field was
given an energy step set of tracks. Of course the design
had a ruff time having stable steps. ergo each step
was given a focus magnet.

The project was canceled unfortunately.

this is just the origin. you will not be able to infer my
path control design, btw.