Jay Barbee, witness to Apollo and the US space progam

Snidely

May 19, 2021, 4:58:08 PM5/19/21
The Orlando Sentinel has noted the passing of Jay Barbee, long of NBC
and space news coverage.

<URL:https://www.orlandosentinel.com/space/os-bz-jay-barbree-space-reporter-ties-20210515-ci23b4men5czdbnhs2zl7z3fsm-story.html>

I was a channel-flipper at the time of the lunar landings, so I saw at
least some of Mr Barbee's (on-the-beat) coverage, though I may be fuzzy
about the details.

/dps

--
Killing a mouse was hardly a Nobel Prize-worthy exercise, and Lawrence
went apopleptic when he learned a lousy rodent had peed away all his

Greg (Strider) Moore

May 20, 2021, 7:54:41 PM5/20/21
"Snidely" wrote in message news:mn.9b467e551d970a93.127094@snitoo...

>The Orlando Sentinel has noted the passing of Jay Barbee, long of NBC and
>space news coverage.
><URL:https://www.orlandosentinel.com/space/os-bz-jay-barbree-space-reporter-ties-20210515-ci23b4men5czdbnhs2zl7z3fsm-story.html>
>
>I was a channel-flipper at the time of the lunar landings, so I saw at
>least some of Mr Barbee's (on-the-beat) coverage, though I may be fuzzy
>about the details.
>
>/dps

Yeah, saw that. If you can I recommend his book "Live from Cape Canaveral."
I different perspective than most biographies from the era.

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Response-Lessons-Learned-Field/dp/1484221834/