JWEhrenfels more intrigue?

1 view

Iceman

Jan 6, 2004, 7:55:07 PM1/6/04
Ah yes, using your nym in headers, making it easy to find ya! LOL

Dontchaluvit? *snicker*

While I am not slowing down in the time and place of your revelation, and I
will be posting more of your sayings and other interesting obfuscations on
an ongoing basis. I was thinking today about this regarding a previous
post.

Since you claim (once again) that your book will be published shortly and
as usual a *few* things have yet to be done. I am considering delaying your
RL outing until after it has gone to press. LOL Which means that JWE's nym
will be on it, not yours. Then I will reveal it. *snicker* but mebbe
sooner, who knows?

Oh yes, Bedside books, the purported publisher of your 1st book until
things changed, is a Vanity Publisher. The not yet registered nor official
so-called ISBN numbers are just those assigned to the publisher for future
usage. None of these in regards to your rags are official or fully
registered. Being as the current sub division has various plans available
to all who cannot be published otherwise, and you have not as requested
posted the details of a contract one only can assume it is still in the
vanity stage as it is now two years in the running with this sub division.

I am wondering if a certain person is still blonde, is she? You know, the
one who actually had an internship! LOL

Oh da joy of de New Year!

/me does happy dance!

--
Iceman PhD
Turning dreams into nightmares, a mere twisted shadow of their former self.

John M Price PhD

Jan 8, 2004, 9:03:12 PM1/8/04
Some perspective, I think, on the thinking evinced by all who are involved
in being JWE. A simple quote, and an indication that these person(s)
haven't really taken the time to think deeply about themselves, their
thinking, and its relationship with science and its methods and goals.

I added the [bracketed] area for clarity - do read the original.

There are also many, including some who are prominent in the field [of the
postmodern social study of science], for whom ideology is paramount over
objective scholarship. They seem to view intellectual standards as
political barricades.
- Sullivan, M. C. (1996). A mathematician reads _Social Text_.
Notices of the AMS, 43(10) (October), 1127-1131.

If this last sentence does not sum up JWE's postings and ravings, I don't
know what will.

(c) 2004. Copyright, John M. Price, PhD. All Rights Reserved.
Contents may not be republished in any form or medium without prior
written consent of the author with the express and only exception of
followup postings limited to and within usenet.
--
John M. Price, PhD jmp...@calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling! | PGP Key on request or FTP!

A birth superstition:
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is sorry and sad,
Thursday's child is merry and glad,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
And Saturday's child must work for a living,
But the child that is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and merry and glad and gay.

Iceman

Jan 8, 2004, 9:28:52 PM1/8/04
On 09 Jan 2004 02:03:12 GMT, John M Price PhD wrote:

> Some perspective, I think, on the thinking evinced by all who are involved
> in being JWE. A simple quote, and an indication that these person(s)
> haven't really taken the time to think deeply about themselves, their
> thinking, and its relationship with science and its methods and goals.
>
> I added the [bracketed] area for clarity - do read the original.
>
> There are also many, including some who are prominent in the field [of the
> postmodern social study of science], for whom ideology is paramount over
> objective scholarship. They seem to view intellectual standards as
> political barricades.
> - Sullivan, M. C. (1996). A mathematician reads _Social Text_.
> Notices of the AMS, 43(10) (October), 1127-1131.
>
> If this last sentence does not sum up JWE's postings and ravings, I don't
> know what will.

Yes, some people forget why the usage of the word "discipline" especially
in light of the sciences.

I was just reading the other day the list of requirements for a Masters and
PhD that was pretty clear, concise and well thought out. I was wondering
how many really paid attention to it and used it to their advantage.

Iceman