Behaviors that may indicate BPD

14 views
Skip to first unread message

Bob

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 10:04:52 AM8/19/03
to
Rauni wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:57:16 -0800, "Child"
> <be...@NOT-SO-bad-dawgs-in-ak.com> wrote:
>
>
>>"Bob" <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:3F3E3B8...@hotmail.com...
>>
>>>Child wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>>so what does the mountain of research show about the kids whose fathers
>>>>abandon them?
>>>>
>>>
>>>A growing number of MEN no longer buy that old tired feminist LIE about
>>
>>MEN.
>>
>>>Your lying days are over bigot. Nobody believes you any more.
>>
>>
>>Bob, honey, please explain how a question can be a lie?
>>
>
> What lie is Bob talking about now how do women turn kids into adults
> with BPD?

Please provide the name of the college or university where you earned
your degree in psychiatry, or psychology. Please also provide the name
of the organization granting your certificate in psychoanalysis, or
psychological diagnosis.

Otherwise we will know that you have no idea what you are talking about
and are blowing more smoke out your ass.

Bob


Bob

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 1:24:39 PM8/19/03
to
Rauni wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:04:52 -0600, Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Rauni wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:57:16 -0800, "Child"
>>><be...@NOT-SO-bad-dawgs-in-ak.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>"Bob" <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>news:3F3E3B8...@hotmail.com...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Child wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>so what does the mountain of research show about the kids whose fathers
>>>>>>abandon them?
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>A growing number of MEN no longer buy that old tired feminist LIE about
>>>>
>>>>MEN.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Your lying days are over bigot. Nobody believes you any more.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Bob, honey, please explain how a question can be a lie?
>>>>
>>>
>>>What lie is Bob talking about? Now how do women turn kids into adults

>>>with BPD?
>>
>>Please provide the name of the college or university where you earned
>>your degree in psychiatry, or psychology. Please also provide the name
>>of the organization granting your certificate in psychoanalysis, or
>>psychological diagnosis.
>>
>>Otherwise we will know that you have no idea what you are talking about
>>and are blowing more smoke out your ass.
>>
>>Bob
>>
>
>
> Couldn't answer the question could you?
> How do women turn their child into adults with BPD?
> I've already posted several research papers. What have you posted to
> prove you point?

So you have no credentials or education in psychology. You just find a
thing or two on the web and all your lies about "BPD" etc., are just
blowing smoke out your ass.


> I also worked in the california mental health system
> what *have you* done?

As a mop attendant? As a sheet changer? We notice you didn't post your
credentials, the school where you graduated in psychology, or your
certification in mental health.


> You clearly have no clue about the etiology of mental illness

Another dim bulb claims psychological expertise and has none.

Bob


Kali

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 2:53:04 PM8/19/03
to
In article <3F422E84...@hotmail.com>, posted Tue, 19
Aug 2003 08:04:52 -0600, Bob says...

:Rauni wrote:
:> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:57:16 -0800, "Child"
:> <be...@NOT-SO-bad-dawgs-in-ak.com> wrote:
:>
:>
:>>"Bob" <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
:>>news:3F3E3B8...@hotmail.com...
:>>
:>>>Child wrote:
:>>>
:>>>>
:>>>>so what does the mountain of research show about the kids whose fathers
:>>>>abandon them?

Which research? It's very complex.

:>>>A growing number of MEN no longer buy that old tired feminist LIE about


:>>
:>>MEN.
:>>
:>>>Your lying days are over bigot. Nobody believes you any more.
:>>
:>>
:>>Bob, honey, please explain how a question can be a lie?
:>>
:>
:> What lie is Bob talking about now how do women turn kids into adults
:> with BPD?
:
:Please provide the name of the college or university where you earned
:your degree in psychiatry, or psychology. Please also provide the name
:of the organization granting your certificate in psychoanalysis, or
:psychological diagnosis.
:
:Otherwise we will know that you have no idea what you are talking about
:and are blowing more smoke out your ass.
:
:Bob

One need not be a psychiatrist or psychologist to
understand the research. One need not be a qualified
diagnostician, either. And psychoanalysis? Puhleeeze.

My guess is that if the smoke were painted purple, you'd
look like Barney, Bob.

One only must have access to a research knowledge base,
such as PsycInfo, and be able to read the publications with
a critical eye.

A cursory, broad search:
father absence/ or parental absence/ or matriarchy/ or
father child communication/ or father child relations/ or
fathers/ yields 6,294 articles.

Here are a few of the most recent:

1. Fals-Stewart, Wiliam; Kelley, Michelle L; Cooke, Cathy
G; Golden, James C. Predictors of the psychosocial
adjustment of children living in households of parents in
which fathers abuse drugs. The effects of postnatal
parental exposure. [Peer Reviewed Journal] Addictive
Behaviors. Vol 28(6) Aug 2003, 1013-1031. Elsevier Science,
United Kingdom

2. Gottlieb, Andrew R. Sons talk about their gay fathers:
Life curves. [Authored Book] Binghamton, NY, US: The
Harrington Park Press/The Haworth Press, Inc. (2003).
xviii, 183pp.

3. Guttmann, Joseph; Rosenberg, Michal. Emotional intimacy
and children's adjustment: A comparison between single-
parent divorced and intact families. [Peer Reviewed
Journal] Educational Psychology. Vol 23(4) Sep 2003, 457-
472. Taylor & Francis, United Kingdom

4. Manning, Wendy D; Steward, Susan D; Smock, Pamela J.
The complexity of fathers' parenting responsibilities and
involvement with nonresident children. [Peer Reviewed
Journal] Journal of Family Issues. Vol 24(5) Jul 2003, 645-
667. Sage Publications, US

5. Burbach, Ann D. Parenting among fathers of young
children. [Dissertation Abstract] Dissertation Abstracts
International: Section B: the Sciences & Engineering. Vol
63(7-B), Feb 2003, 3512, US: Univ Microfilms International.

6. Gaddis, Memrie A. When little girls grow up with dead
fathers: A phenomenological study of early object loss and
later intimate relationships. [Dissertation Abstract]
Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: the
Sciences & Engineering. Vol 63(7-B), Feb 2003, 3472, US:
Univ Microfilms International.

Or... if it's development, mother, and BPD you're looking
for, we'll do some research! I'm not finding anything
obvious, but if we dig, we might find *something* related.

Which one would you like to discuss, Dr. Bob? :-)

<and this applies to the rest of you soc.boyz, too!>

Kali
--
Troika Woman!

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 4:03:16 PM8/19/03
to

Kali wrote:

Considering that most single parents are woman, the info 'wouldn't be complete',
thanks to the court system where custody is/was generally awarded to the mother
instead of the father. So is is rather safe to assume that children with a dx
of BPD would be raised by a woman, not a father.
Perhaps the research will change or become clearer, as more and more fathers
assume the custodial care of their children, or as more fathers are granted by
the courts the responsibility of raising their children.

Hoof

Agent Monarch

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 4:18:27 PM8/19/03
to
Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3F422E84...@hotmail.com>...

> Rauni wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:57:16 -0800, "Child"
> > <be...@NOT-SO-bad-dawgs-in-ak.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>"Bob" <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>news:3F3E3B8...@hotmail.com...
> >>
> >>>Child wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>
> >>>>so what does the mountain of research show about the kids whose fathers
> >>>>abandon them?
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>A growing number of MEN no longer buy that old tired feminist LIE about
> >>
> >>MEN.
> >>
> >>>Your lying days are over bigot. Nobody believes you any more.
> >>
> >>
> >>Bob, honey, please explain how a question can be a lie?
> >>
> >
> > What lie is Bob talking about now how do women turn kids into adults
> > with BPD?
>
> Please provide the name of the college or university where you earned
> your degree in psychiatry, or psychology. Please also provide the name
> of the organization granting your certificate in psychoanalysis, or
> psychological diagnosis.

Tsk tsk Blob, you left out the "phone number" part. A sorry excuse
for a stalker you are.

> Otherwise we will know that you have no idea what you are talking about
> and are blowing more smoke out your ass.
>
> Bob

Could you provide us with some credentials so we'll know _you_ are?
Or at least some valid citations.

Don't have 'em? Didn't think so...

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 5:48:03 PM8/19/03
to

Rauni wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:53:04 GMT, Kali <Ka...@nope.not> wrote:
>
> >In article <3F422E84...@hotmail.com>, posted Tue, 19
> >Aug 2003 08:04:52 -0600, Bob says...
> >:Rauni wrote:
> >:> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:57:16 -0800, "Child"
> >:> <be...@NOT-SO-bad-dawgs-in-ak.com> wrote:
> >:>
> >:>
> >:>>"Bob" <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >:>>news:3F3E3B8...@hotmail.com...
> >:>>
> >:>>>Child wrote:
> >:>>>
> >:>>>>
> >:>>>>so what does the mountain of research show about the kids whose fathers
> >:>>>>abandon them?
> >
> >Which research? It's very complex.
> >
> >:>>>A growing number of MEN no longer buy that old tired feminist LIE about
> >:>>
> >:>>MEN.
> >:>>
> >:>>>Your lying days are over bigot. Nobody believes you any more.
> >:>>
> >:>>
> >:>>Bob, honey, please explain how a question can be a lie?
> >:>>
> >:>

> >:> What lie is Bob talking about now? How do women turn kids into adults

> This might be a bit over Bob's head, he's not used to
> thinking.........

I really must learn to go with my first inclination about our holder of the most coveted title, Med Room
Key Holder. I actually 'goofed' again and thought you, Rauni, were not making a catty remark about
something which you have no clue, and were making some astute assessment about why woman would be held
the responsible party of those children who were seen and DX with BPD.
How disappointing, I am totally 'embarrassed' to have a current license in the same field as you do!!
Oh I forgot, your license is not current and hasn't been for years. Your other field of endeavor
revolves around economics and reading the Wall Street Journal.
Hoof
Confidentially Kali, in order for a clear picture to emerge over which sex raises their children to be
BPD, you would have to ask the courts about the number of men who were awarded custody of their children
and gather data to what ratio of those men awarded custody of their children, ended up in the psych arena
being dx as BPD.
Then compare those figures with the number of single women whose children were consequently dx with BPD.
of course non of this includes the fact that psychinfo would only pertain to those children who were seen
by a psych professional and duly recorded in the psych info notes or that psych info would have
incomplete data because they did not gather information from the individual courts to actually know the
exact number of fathers who were awarded custody of their children and base their studies on that.
For all psych info knows, there are a number of single dads whose children were not raised to be BPD. If
they were not raised to be BPD there would be no reason to include those children in the count.
And yes, kali, I did have access to psych info when I was a student.
.


>
> -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
> Version: 3.1
> GSS d- s: a++ C++ L W+ N+++ w O- PS+ PE Y+ PGP t++@ 5+ X R* tv- b++ DI D--- G e++ h--- r+++ * x+ z+++
> ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
>

Agent Monarch

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 6:32:49 PM8/19/03
to
Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3F425D57...@hotmail.com>...

So where are yours, if we are to believe anything _you_ say?

> > You clearly have no clue about the etiology of mental illness
>
> Another dim bulb claims psychological expertise and has none.
>
> Bob

"Ad hominems are the last resort of someone who has no argument." ...Mmm-hmmm.

Kali

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 7:44:55 PM8/19/03
to
In article <3F429B0E...@hotmail.com>, posted Tue, 19
Aug 2003 14:48:03 -0700, HoofPrints says...
:
:

[...]

:> > 6. Gaddis, Memrie A. When little girls grow up with dead


:> >fathers: A phenomenological study of early object loss and
:> >later intimate relationships. [Dissertation Abstract]
:> >Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: the
:> >Sciences & Engineering. Vol 63(7-B), Feb 2003, 3472, US:
:> >Univ Microfilms International.
:> >
:> >Or... if it's development, mother, and BPD you're looking
:> >for, we'll do some research! I'm not finding anything
:> >obvious, but if we dig, we might find *something* related.
:> >
:> >Which one would you like to discuss, Dr. Bob? :-)
:> >
:> ><and this applies to the rest of you soc.boyz, too!>
:> >
:> >Kali
:>
:> This might be a bit over Bob's head, he's not used to
:> thinking.........
:
:I really must learn to go with my first inclination about our holder of the most coveted title, Med Room
:Key Holder. I actually 'goofed' again and thought you, Rauni, were not making a catty remark about
:something which you have no clue, and were making some astute assessment about why woman would be held
:the responsible party of those children who were seen and DX with BPD.
:How disappointing, I am totally 'embarrassed' to have a current license in the same field as you do!!
:Oh I forgot, your license is not current and hasn't been for years. Your other field of endeavor
:revolves around economics and reading the Wall Street Journal.
:Hoof

Read what Rauni wrote, in context. She implied the opposite
of what you read into it. But you got pretty excited about
an opportunity to get nasty and brag about your maid's
license, dincha? ;-)

btw, What's wrong with reading the Wall Street Journal?

:Confidentially Kali, in order for a clear picture to emerge over which sex raises their children to be
:BPD,

That's not the question.

: you would have to ask the courts about the number of men who were awarded custody of their children

I'm not talking about sociological research, either.

:and gather data to what ratio of those men awarded custody of their children, ended up in the psych arena
:being dx as BPD.

Now we are concerned with how many fathers have been
diagnosed with a personality disorder?

:Then compare those figures with the number of single women whose children were consequently dx with BPD.

This is sociological research, the design of which would
yield custodial data on a special adult population (bpd).

The topic was the claim by soc.boyz (Blob especially) that
mothers cause psychological disorders in their children,
which is the old stereotypical (and wrong) mother-blame
bologna spouted by the bitter boyz. If one is going to
refute that claim, then psychological research about
environmental factors (maternal) toward the development of
psychological disorders should be reviewed.

:of course non of this includes the fact that psychinfo would only pertain to those children who were seen


:by a psych professional and duly recorded in the psych info notes or that psych info would have
:incomplete data because they did not gather information from the individual courts to actually know the
:exact number of fathers who were awarded custody of their children and base their studies on that.

PsycInfo is a database of all existing peer-reviewed
psychological research. It wouldn't "only pertain" to
anything. Anyway, we are not discussing custodianship. We
were discussing parental factors in the development of a
psychological disorder. No court data are required. And
again: Children aren't diagnosed with bpd, only adults.

:For all psych info knows, there are a number of single dads whose children were not raised to be BPD.

What does this tell us? Nothing. There are also a number of
single moms, two parent families, custodial grandparents,
etc., who raised children who never developed bpd. This
reasoning fails. And this wasn't the point.

If
:they were not raised to be BPD there would be no reason to include those children in the count.

Have fun with your sociological research.

:And yes, kali, I did have access to psych info when I was a student.

Which means what, precisely, in the context of the exchange
here? Except that you don't seem to understand what
PsycInfo is. It is only a database. It does not conduct
research.

Everyone near a university library has access to PsycInfo.
Or one can get paid access via the web at apa.org and other
places.

Kali
--
Troika Woman!

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 9:11:20 PM8/19/03
to

Kali wrote:

I am not about to wink at you Kali!! Rauni held a lower position as I did as a Maid if you want to call it
that. her med room assignment was given to her by non other than the likes of this licensed maid.
it is no wonder that Rauni the assigned clinic person by her Tech I, LIED about her credentials on Usenet out
of fear of being called a bed pan slinger or maid.
This in no way means Rauni that what you did was right or legal and Rauni is aware of that is is forboden to
tell the public that she holds the title of Psychiatric Nurse. her reasoning was because "It was easier" for
her as most persons have a basic understanding of what a psychiatric nurse is, while a psychiatric technician
is hard for her to explain. Your assertions are evidence of that fact. In fact you can also find an
explanation of the field at Findlaw under the Bus and Professions Code for California.
Not only did she lie, but she has little knowledge of the hierarchy within the state hospital structure as to
who is over whom.


>
>
> btw, What's wrong with reading the Wall Street Journal?

Nothing

>
>
> :Confidentially Kali, in order for a clear picture to emerge over which sex raises their children to be
> :BPD,
>
> That's not the question.
>
> : you would have to ask the courts about the number of men who were awarded custody of their children
>
> I'm not talking about sociological research, either.

If there is no data available because single fathers are doing a good job raising their children, and so
therefore are not taking their children into a psychologist or their children are not being seen by a school
psychologist there is no data to be searched. Now watch someone start to haul children of single fathers into
the school psychologist so that the vast infrastructure of recorded data can begin.


>
>
> :and gather data to what ratio of those men awarded custody of their children, ended up in the psych arena
> :being dx as BPD.
>
> Now we are concerned with how many fathers have been
> diagnosed with a personality disorder?

Who takes things out of context???


>
>
> :Then compare those figures with the number of single women whose children were consequently dx with BPD.
>
> This is sociological research, the design of which would
> yield custodial data on a special adult population (bpd).
>
> The topic was the claim by soc.boyz (Blob especially) that
> mothers cause psychological disorders in their children,
> which is the old stereotypical (and wrong) mother-blame
> bologna spouted by the bitter boyz. If one is going to
> refute that claim, then psychological research about
> environmental factors (maternal) toward the development of
> psychological disorders should be reviewed.

DUH!!! That is what i said only, if there is no recorded data you cannot support your claim that they are
worse parents.
It is stereotypical for a reason, the reason is because "generally" the Courts award custody to the mother,
not the father. So naturally the data would be slanted to reflect on the single mother.
Hoof

Kali

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 9:34:39 PM8/19/03
to
In article <3F42CAAC...@hotmail.com>, posted Tue, 19
Aug 2003 18:11:20 -0700, HoofPrints says...
:
:

So what?

her med room assignment was given to her by non other
than the likes of this licensed maid.

So what?

:it is no wonder that Rauni the assigned clinic person by her Tech I, LIED about her credentials on Usenet out


:of fear of being called a bed pan slinger or maid.

She lied?

:This in no way means Rauni that what you did was right or legal and Rauni is aware of that is is forboden to


:tell the public that she holds the title of Psychiatric Nurse. her reasoning was because "It was easier" for
:her as most persons have a basic understanding of what a psychiatric nurse is, while a psychiatric technician
:is hard for her to explain.

Hmm.

: Your assertions are evidence of that fact.

How so?

In fact you can also find an
:explanation of the field at Findlaw under the Bus and Professions Code for California.

Well, if I gave a shit, I'd look it up.

:Not only did she lie, but she has little knowledge of the hierarchy within the state hospital structure as to
:who is over whom.

So what?

You're really big on status, aren't you?

:> btw, What's wrong with reading the Wall Street Journal?


:
:Nothing
:
:>
:>
:> :Confidentially Kali, in order for a clear picture to emerge over which sex raises their children to be
:> :BPD,
:>
:> That's not the question.
:>
:> : you would have to ask the courts about the number of men who were awarded custody of their children
:>
:> I'm not talking about sociological research, either.
:
:If there is no data available because single fathers are doing a good job raising their children, and so
:therefore are not taking their children into a psychologist or their children are not being seen by a school
:psychologist there is no data to be searched. Now watch someone start to haul children of single fathers into
:the school psychologist so that the vast infrastructure of recorded data can begin.

Nah. Won't happen. Why not, you ask? Because of the simple
fact that if a child is developing psychological problems,
it may have absolutely nothing to do with the gender of the
parent. Or it could be trauma from
separation/divorce/death, or any number of other adjustment
issues. It could have something to do with a genetic
vulnerability. It could be a nasty teacher, or a physical
illness, or any number of things.

Fathers (and mothers) could be excellent parents, and have
distressed children. And this doesn't mean that child will
develop a personality disorder later in life, either. Or
they could be terrible parents, but the child never
develops bpd.

:> :and gather data to what ratio of those men awarded custody of their children, ended up in the psych arena


:> :being dx as BPD.
:>
:> Now we are concerned with how many fathers have been
:> diagnosed with a personality disorder?
:
:Who takes things out of context???

Wha? You said, "what ratio (percentage?) of those men ...
ended up ... dx with bpd." *shrug* So are you saying you
worded it that way cuz you were feeling lazy or somethin'?

:> :Then compare those figures with the number of single women whose children were consequently dx with BPD.


:>
:> This is sociological research, the design of which would
:> yield custodial data on a special adult population (bpd).
:>
:> The topic was the claim by soc.boyz (Blob especially) that
:> mothers cause psychological disorders in their children,
:> which is the old stereotypical (and wrong) mother-blame
:> bologna spouted by the bitter boyz. If one is going to
:> refute that claim, then psychological research about
:> environmental factors (maternal) toward the development of
:> psychological disorders should be reviewed.
:
:DUH!!! That is what i said only, if there is no recorded data you cannot support your claim that they are
:worse parents.

We don't want to know "if fathers or mothers are 'worse'
parents." Do we? Isn't that a silly question?

:It is stereotypical for a reason, the reason is because "generally" the Courts award custody to the mother,


:not the father. So naturally the data would be slanted to reflect on the single mother.
:Hoof

Your sociological data would.

Kali
--
Troika Woman!

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 10:56:43 PM8/19/03
to

Kali wrote:

You seem to be the one big on status, not I. I am comfortable with who I am and I have never lied about my past
job title. The fact that I have never lied has been the causation of many personal assaults about my job title,
lack of a degree in Bull Shitting, and when I mentioned to someone that I did not finish Paralegal it also became a
means of pounding me into the ground. You seem to be hung up on the fact that I am not interested in pursuing a
degree in Bull shitting in the psychology field.

>
> :> btw, What's wrong with reading the Wall Street Journal?
> :
> :Nothing
> :
> :>
> :>
> :> :Confidentially Kali, in order for a clear picture to emerge over which sex raises their children to be
> :> :BPD,
> :>
> :> That's not the question.
> :>
> :> : you would have to ask the courts about the number of men who were awarded custody of their children
> :>
> :> I'm not talking about sociological research, either.
> :
> :If there is no data available because single fathers are doing a good job raising their children, and so
> :therefore are not taking their children into a psychologist or their children are not being seen by a school
> :psychologist there is no data to be searched. Now watch someone start to haul children of single fathers into
> :the school psychologist so that the vast infrastructure of recorded data can begin.
>
> Nah. Won't happen. Why not, you ask? Because of the simple
> fact that if a child is developing psychological problems,
> it may have absolutely nothing to do with the gender of the
> parent. Or it could be trauma from
> separation/divorce/death, or any number of other adjustment
> issues. It could have something to do with a genetic
> vulnerability. It could be a nasty teacher, or a physical
> illness, or any number of things.

Agreed, but the fact remains that past data has pointed its finger at single moms, or you and yours would n ot be
so apt to defend the position of single moms and call men misogynists (sp) when they complain that their ex- spouse
did XYZ .

>
>
> Fathers (and mothers) could be excellent parents, and have
> distressed children. And this doesn't mean that child will
> develop a personality disorder later in life, either. Or
> they could be terrible parents, but the child never
> develops bpd.

ARe you saying there has never been a child dx with manic-depressive disorder, which was the label of bygone years
before it was changed to BPD?

>
>
> :> :and gather data to what ratio of those men awarded custody of their children, ended up in the psych arena
> :> :being dx as BPD.
> :>
> :> Now we are concerned with how many fathers have been
> :> diagnosed with a personality disorder?
> :
> :Who takes things out of context???
>
> Wha? You said, "what ratio (percentage?) of those men ...
> ended up ... dx with bpd." *shrug* So are you saying you
> worded it that way cuz you were feeling lazy or somethin'?

I see your point, but you know that I was talking about the children of single dads being dx with BPD not the dad.

>
>
> :> :Then compare those figures with the number of single women whose children were consequently dx with BPD.
> :>
> :> This is sociological research, the design of which would
> :> yield custodial data on a special adult population (bpd).
> :>
> :> The topic was the claim by soc.boyz (Blob especially) that
> :> mothers cause psychological disorders in their children,
> :> which is the old stereotypical (and wrong) mother-blame
> :> bologna spouted by the bitter boyz. If one is going to
> :> refute that claim, then psychological research about
> :> environmental factors (maternal) toward the development of
> :> psychological disorders should be reviewed.
> :
> :DUH!!! That is what i said only, if there is no recorded data you cannot support your claim that they are
> :worse parents.
>
>
>

> :It is stereotypical for a reason, the reason is because "generally" the Courts award custody to the mother,
> :not the father. So naturally the data would be slanted to reflect on the single mother.
> :Hoof
>
> Your sociological data would.

Are you denying that the majority of single parent homes are woman? ANd therefore any data collected on the child
wouldn't include that fact as a part of the child's history?

Good night Kali,
Big Brother is on in a few minutes and I want to see who gets the power of veto.
Hoof


>
>
> Kali
> --
> Troika Woman!

Jim Ledford

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 11:10:55 PM8/19/03
to
jeanette rauni wrote:

[....]

> When I went
> to school we were told over and over we were nurses.

I bet you one box of http://www.krispyKreme.com/ doughnuts
against your bicycle that you were glad they did not mind
repeating themselves for the slow learners.

Mark D Morin

unread,
Aug 19, 2003, 11:36:56 PM8/19/03
to
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:11:20 -0700, HoofPrints
<equsph...@hotmail.com> wrote:


>If there is no data available because single fathers are doing a good job raising their children, and so
>therefore are not taking their children into a psychologist or their children are not being seen by a school
>psychologist there is no data to be searched.

ummm i've seen my fair share.

Kali

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 1:18:07 AM8/20/03
to
In article <5jm5kvs4f12bgk4th...@4ax.com>,
posted Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:52:09 -0700, Rauni says...
:On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:34:39 GMT, Kali <Ka...@nope.not> wrote:

snip

:So are we ever going to hear the answer to the question? Are we going
:to get any data from the soc.men crowd?

I'm sure Blob is off at his local University researching
the matter, even as we post.

How are women responsible for
:raising BPD adults?

Good question.

:I wonder how they are going to get around the evidence that it may
:have a genetic component?

I'm not surprised. IMO, genes play some role in the
development or course of most disorders of body and mind.

I'm just sitting here eating multi-colored Goldfish and
thinking, wow, d00d! I think Goof was talking about bipolar
disorder the whole time we were talking about borderline
personality... and attributing causation to parenting.

Kali
--
Troika Woman!

Jim Ledford

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 5:26:41 AM8/20/03
to
jeanette rauni wrote:

> Nope it's a bad investment P/E way to high and pays no dividends. I've
> made good money with http://www.cadburyschweppes.com/
>
> Heh I've also done very well with the Hard Rock Cafe
> http://www.rank.com
>
> Remember dividends don't lie

I'll bet you one B O X of http://www.krispyKreme.com/ doughnuts
against your bicycle that you are glad some don't mind

Sharon B

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 8:26:54 AM8/20/03
to
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:48:03 -0700, HoofPrints
<equsph...@hotmail.com> wrote in <3F429B0E...@hotmail.com>:


Fer "Bob"s sake, fix yer line wrap. I got tired of doing the
horizontal crawl back and forth trying to read whatever wisdom you
were attempting to impart.

Ilya Shambat

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 8:43:43 AM8/20/03
to
Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3F422E84...@hotmail.com>...

> Please provide the name of the college or university where you earned
> your degree in psychiatry, or psychology. Please also provide the name
> of the organization granting your certificate in psychoanalysis, or
> psychological diagnosis.
>
> Otherwise we will know that you have no idea what you are talking about
> and are blowing more smoke out your ass.

Ooh, that was so sexy. I bet women are just falling all over you.

Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 9:04:50 AM8/20/03
to
Ilya Shambat wrote:
>
>
> Ooh, that was so sexy. I bet women are just falling all over you.


Good for you, you've provided us with another example of the classic
feminist ad-hominem "you can't get a date."

If we had $.10 for every time that one gets posted we would all be
driving new BMWs.

Pathetic.

BOb


HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 10:59:34 AM8/20/03
to

Kali wrote:

Hope you enjoyed your goldfish crackers.
You are correct, I was reading it as bipolar, but since you have stated
that it is now Borderline, and you knew that it was borderline. Are you
still going to tell me that children are not dx with borderline
personality disorder?
Especially in light of the fact that with borderline personality you get
self mutilation, moodiness, feelings of being let down by other people,
and urges to cut self or burn self, unsafe sex, reckless driving,
substance abuse, binge eating.
So Kali, where did you come up with the idea that children are never dx
with Borderline personality Disorder.
Hoof

>
> --
> Troika Woman!

Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 11:10:54 AM8/20/03
to
Rauni wrote:
>>:Please provide the name of the college or university where you earned
>>:your degree in psychiatry, or psychology. Please also provide the name
>>:of the organization granting your certificate in psychoanalysis, or
>>:psychological diagnosis.
>>:
>>:Otherwise we will know that you have no idea what you are talking about
>>:and are blowing more smoke out your ass.
>>:
>>:Bob
>>
>>One need not be a psychiatrist or psychologist to
>>understand the research. One need not be a qualified
>>diagnostician, either. And psychoanalysis? Puhleeeze.


LOL. You have to have some half witted intelligence, however all you've
demonstrated is the popular cultural hysterial against men and male
sexuality.

For a further reading on the topic of your misandrist hysteria see the
recent book "Hysteria" by distinguished psychoanalist Christopher Bollas

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0415220335/qid=1061392073/sr=8-6/ref=sr_8_6/002-4496387-9776868?v=glance&s=books&n=507846


Bob


Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 11:46:10 AM8/20/03
to
Rauni wrote:
> You still didn't answer the question and Christopher Bollas book
> doesn't address it directly either. So once again Bob in what way do
> single mothers raise children to become adults with borderline
> personality disorder?


You haven't answered the question Rauni. Once again Rauni in what way
to you believe that continuing to beat your children helps them to grow
up to be productive adults?


[Hint: Since Bob has never said that single mothers raise children to
become adults with BPD, Rauni's repetitious "question" only serves to
show her own stupiditiy.]


Bob


Kali

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 12:15:49 PM8/20/03
to
In article <3F438F7E...@hotmail.com>, posted Wed, 20
Aug 2003 09:10:54 -0600, Bob says...

:Rauni wrote:
:>>:Please provide the name of the college or university where you earned
:>>:your degree in psychiatry, or psychology. Please also provide the name
:>>:of the organization granting your certificate in psychoanalysis, or
:>>:psychological diagnosis.
:>>:
:>>:Otherwise we will know that you have no idea what you are talking about
:>>:and are blowing more smoke out your ass.
:>>:
:>>:Bob
:>>
:>>One need not be a psychiatrist or psychologist to
:>>understand the research. One need not be a qualified
:>>diagnostician, either. And psychoanalysis? Puhleeeze.

You attributed my post to Rauni in error.

:LOL. You have to have some half witted intelligence, however all you've

:demonstrated is the popular cultural hysterial against men and male
:sexuality.

I'll just assume you are referring to your opinion of
Rauni, because I have not "demonstrated [] the popular
cultural" anything. I merely posted intriguing citations
and invited you into discussion.

:For a further reading on the topic of your misandrist hysteria see the

Psychoanalysis. Hysteria and roaming uteruses.
Pffft - Is that all you can dredge up?

Kali
--
Troika Woman!

Kali

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 12:35:21 PM8/20/03
to
In article <3F438CD2...@hotmail.com>, posted Wed, 20
Aug 2003 07:59:34 -0700, HoofPrints says...
:
:
:Kali wrote:

snip

:> I'm just sitting here eating multi-colored Goldfish and


:> thinking, wow, d00d! I think Goof was talking about bipolar
:> disorder the whole time we were talking about borderline
:> personality... and attributing causation to parenting.
:>
:> Kali
:
:Hope you enjoyed your goldfish crackers.
:You are correct, I was reading it as bipolar, but since you have stated
:that it is now Borderline, and you knew that it was borderline.

Yes, it was borderline personality from the get go.

Are you
:still going to tell me that children are not dx with borderline
:personality disorder?

Yes. But don't take my word for it. Look it up in the DSM.

:Especially in light of the fact that with borderline personality you get


:self mutilation, moodiness, feelings of being let down by other people,
:and urges to cut self or burn self, unsafe sex, reckless driving,
:substance abuse, binge eating.

And?

:So Kali, where did you come up with the idea that children are never dx


:with Borderline personality Disorder.
:Hoof

The DSM, for one source. Personality disorders are not
diagnosed in childhood or adolescence. The onset is
considered to be "early adulthood." Why? Kids are still
developing their personalities. During this time, what
might appear to be signs of disorder are simply
developmental issues that are resolved as the child
matures.

There's a nicely formatted copy of the BPD entry here:

http://www.mental-health-today.com/bpd/dsmiv.htm

Kali
--
Troika Woman!

Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 12:36:03 PM8/20/03
to

What do you mean by "dredge up"?

Freudian psychology is one of the hottest topics in academia these days.
Freudian psychologists like Lacan and Derrida are all the rage, in
fact Derrida now tops the lists of works most often cited in scholarly
research. Maybe you need to get away from your PC once in a while and
do some reading. Even the topic of "post-feminism" may interest you.

Bob


Kali

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 12:38:32 PM8/20/03
to
In article <n5q6kvg2ebrk3i6g1...@4ax.com>,
posted Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:26:54 -0400, Sharon B says...
:On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:48:03 -0700, HoofPrints

Heh. yes, I have to maximize my window to read her posts.
It has gotten much worse lately.

Kali
--
Troika Woman!

mark

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 12:50:38 PM8/20/03
to

on what planet?
Find the online course catelogue of any graduate program.
How many courses in Freudian psychology are listed?

I won't hold my breath.


Ryan Lankford

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 1:05:21 PM8/20/03
to
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:36:03 -0600, Bob <boby...@hotmail.com>
squirted this onto the bathroom floor of sci.psychology.psychotherapy:

LOL!!! Where the hell have you been?

> Freudian psychologists like Lacan and Derrida are all the rage, in
>fact Derrida now tops the lists of works most often cited in scholarly
>research.

During what year? Most psychologist I know don't put much stock in
Freudian penis fixation.

>Maybe you need to get away from your PC once in a while and
>do some reading. Even the topic of "post-feminism" may interest you.

Sounds like right-wing, neoconservative garbage.


Ryan Lankford
http://www.ryan-lankford.com

Got time to kill? Try these links to read about net.sorryasses:
Richard Bullis, net.pedophile: http://www.ryan-lankford.com/cenkoc
Brad Jesness, net.stalker and net.coward: http://www.ryan-lankford.com/bj_faq

NEED - When someone wants someone else's money.
GREED - When someone wants to keep their money.
COMPASSION - When a Democrat facilitates the transfer from the greedy to the needy.

Kali

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 1:18:37 PM8/20/03
to
In article <3F43A373...@hotmail.com>, posted Wed, 20
Aug 2003 10:36:03 -0600, Bob says...

:Kali wrote:
:> In article <3F438F7E...@hotmail.com>, posted Wed, 20
:> Aug 2003 09:10:54 -0600, Bob says...

snip

:> :For a further reading on the topic of your misandrist hysteria see the

:> :recent book "Hysteria" by distinguished psychoanalist Christopher Bollas
:> :
:> :http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0415220335/qid=1061392073/sr=8-6/ref=sr_8_6/002-4496387-9776868?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
:> :
:> :
:> :Bob
:>
:> Psychoanalysis. Hysteria and roaming uteruses.
:> Pffft - Is that all you can dredge up?
:>
:> Kali
:
:What do you mean by "dredge up"?
:
:Freudian psychology is one of the hottest topics in academia these days.

That simply couldn't be farther from the truth. Freud's
theory is taught as an historical point on the history of
psychology time-line, along with phrenology and other
curiosities that have long since been abandoned, save for a
few die-hard fans.

: Freudian psychologists like Lacan and Derrida are all the rage, in

:fact Derrida now tops the lists of works most often cited in scholarly
:research.

What *kind* of scholarly research? What kind of citations,
and in which peer-reviewed scientific journals? You won't
find many current citations from psychologists, except for
the history professors. You're rather full of shit and
misinformation, aren't you, Blob?

Maybe you need to get away from your PC once in a while
and
:do some reading. Even the topic of "post-feminism" may interest you.

How silly of you. Actually, I spend most of my time in
academia as student, teacher, and researcher.

Kali
--
Troika Woman!

Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 1:39:27 PM8/20/03
to

LOL. Since universities don't list classes by "Freud" or any other
famous theorist that question is a non-starter. They list classes like
"Psychology 980i. The Child in the Family" and then spend half the class
time discussing Freudian theory as currently being discussed by such
leading authors as Lacan, Derrida and many others. In addition Freudian
theory is now also hotly influencing literary theory, philosophy and
other fields in addition to classic psychology.

But keep holding your breath, we like the nice blue color.

Bob

mark

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 3:20:01 PM8/20/03
to

I can tell you for a fact that neither of the two graduate programs I
attended did that. Now, what evidence do you have that that is in fact
done?


>In addition Freudian
> theory is now also hotly influencing literary theory, philosophy and
> other fields in addition to classic psychology.

your source for this is?

>
> But keep holding your breath, we like the nice blue color.

what is it about the word "won't" that you don't understand.

>
> Bob
>

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 7:15:11 PM8/20/03
to

Bob wrote:

But Rauni 'set the stage' perfectly with her catty 'prop' remark so she could repeat the question to ya Bob!!

Hoof


Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 7:27:42 PM8/20/03
to

She fits the clinical psychology definition of "Hysteria" published in
the book cited above. She also fits the classical Greek definition. Bob
has no requirement to respond to hysterical rants.

Bob


HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 7:37:11 PM8/20/03
to

Kali wrote:

> In article <3F438CD2...@hotmail.com>, posted Wed, 20
> Aug 2003 07:59:34 -0700, HoofPrints says...
> :
> :
> :Kali wrote:
>
> snip
>
> :> I'm just sitting here eating multi-colored Goldfish and
> :> thinking, wow, d00d! I think Goof was talking about bipolar
> :> disorder the whole time we were talking about borderline
> :> personality... and attributing causation to parenting.
> :>
> :> Kali
> :
> :Hope you enjoyed your goldfish crackers.
> :You are correct, I was reading it as bipolar, but since you have stated
> :that it is now Borderline, and you knew that it was borderline.
>
> Yes, it was borderline personality from the get go.
>
> Are you
> :still going to tell me that children are not dx with borderline
> :personality disorder?
>
> Yes. But don't take my word for it. Look it up in the DSM.

Done.

>
>
> :Especially in light of the fact that with borderline personality you get
> :self mutilation, moodiness, feelings of being let down by other people,
> :and urges to cut self or burn self, unsafe sex, reckless driving,
> :substance abuse, binge eating.
>
> And?

ANd so they get dx as??
Having tendencies towards?
Conduct Disorder?
Bulimia?
Or any of the other disorders which are encompassed in the same defining
characteristics of BPD.


>
>
> :So Kali, where did you come up with the idea that children are never dx
> :with Borderline personality Disorder.
> :Hoof
>
> The DSM, for one source. Personality disorders are not
> diagnosed in childhood or adolescence.

They're NOT!!!
Conduct disorders, Antisocial Personality Disorder just to name two of the
disorders with which children are dx with a personality disorder. ( From the
DSM)
Oh my! And I even worked in a few programs ( minimum # of patients, clients,
residents, now consumers approximately 120 or three units of 40 clients .)
filled with children who were dx with personality disorders in the State
System. That program would be called the Adolescent program where
chronological age was under 18.
Hoof

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 7:58:19 PM8/20/03
to

Bob wrote:

She really amazed me when she thought I was stalking her after she signed a guest book. It also amazed when she showed no remorse for her
actions in the acts which led to my residential address being posted to Usenet, when she said, She had been injured by a patient on the job,
therefore I should know better than to introduce her to some of the nice people in another NG. As if she is the only Psychiatric Technician
to sustain an on the job attack. I worked Behavior Adjustment, getting attacked was norm. So once again Rauni showed her selfish side and
her lack of knowledge of the psych arena, including compassion for her co workers
Hoof

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 8:23:55 PM8/20/03
to
 

Rauni wrote:

Wow what an amazing rewrite of history.
You and bob make a perfect kook couple

Let me tell you something hon!!
A friend of mine was kicked across the room at Metro by a patient who had broken out of a two man take down.  Another friend of mine nearly had her face ripped off in the elevator escorting a client to another unit.  The patient needed to be in a group where there were men assigned at all times.  Another friend of mine got her hair ripped out while driving down the road after taking a group for outside recreation, the van was in motion. And that is not all of the 'on the job' injuries or attacks I have witnessed, heard of and it certainly doesn't cover the time my nose was almost broken by a client.  So you had a lot of friggin nerve to say what you did to me,  Fact is Rauni, You are the one who doesn't know any better or you would not have joined in on the gang bang.  BTW my hubby was 6/4" all muscle and a stud too. and since you are so big on sending people to some website to see your image,  I would put up a link to a photo of me when I worked for the state of Calif but I am not interested in someone downloading it and uploading it after making adjustment to the image.
If you were really a counselor prior to becoming a Psych Tech, why choose Psych Tech.  You should have studied for SW instead.
You lied to me about your credentials, and you lied about the counseling job too.
Hoof

Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 8:54:03 PM8/20/03
to

You meet a lot of loose screws on the net. Sorry you had so much
trouble with her.

Bob

Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 8:55:32 PM8/20/03
to

It's probably all lies. One meets a lot of loose screws on the net.

Bob

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 9:04:01 PM8/20/03
to

Ryan Lankford wrote:

Hate to say this, but one of my philosophy classes covered Menniger in the punishment section. Menninger blames lack of size to male violence.

Hoof

Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 9:17:44 PM8/20/03
to

There is a growing list of very popular Freudian psychologists these
days. Lacan and Derrida are among the most popular authors, but there
are many others such as the author of "Hysteria" which I cited earlier.
The "penis fixation" is the least of currently popular Freudian
theories, but Rauni shows her lack of knowledge by mentioning only that.

Last week, for example I happened to end up sitting between a man and
woman who were both finishing their Ph.D. dissertations. They happened
to be from two different Universities in different states. Both were
heavily relying on Freudian theory as more recently updated By Derrida
and others, and that dominated their conversation for about two hours.
A lot of updating of Freudian theory has been going on over the last
couple of decades, especially in France, (Lacan and Derrida) but now
expanded heavily into the US.

One might also see "Mad Men and Medusas, Reclaiming Hysteria" by Juliet
Mitchell. She's a "feminist" theorist and includes a lot of Freudian
theory -- as to lots of current feminist theorists. Her other book is
"Psychoanalysis and Feminism." There are many other examples that could
be cited.

Bob

Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 9:22:35 PM8/20/03
to
Rauni wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:55:32 -0600, Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> So Bob when are you going to 'spain how single mothers raise children

> to become adults with borderline personality disorder?


You tell us Rainy, that seems to be your own fixation. Did your
children become adults with BPD? Is that why you are always asking?

Bob

Kali

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 9:35:35 PM8/20/03
to
In article <3F440622...@hotmail.com>, posted Wed, 20
Aug 2003 16:37:11 -0700, HoofPrints says...
:
:
:Kali wrote:
:
:> In article <3F438CD2...@hotmail.com>, posted Wed, 20

:> Aug 2003 07:59:34 -0700, HoofPrints says...
snip

:> Are you


:> :still going to tell me that children are not dx with borderline
:> :personality disorder?
:>
:> Yes. But don't take my word for it. Look it up in the DSM.
:
:Done.
:
:>
:>
:> :Especially in light of the fact that with borderline personality you get
:> :self mutilation, moodiness, feelings of being let down by other people,
:> :and urges to cut self or burn self, unsafe sex, reckless driving,
:> :substance abuse, binge eating.
:>
:> And?
:
:ANd so they get dx as??

In teenagers? Identity disturbance. The older teens might
be slapped with a PD label.

:Having tendencies towards?
:Conduct Disorder?

Conduct disorder is a precursor, in many cases, of
antisocial PD, but is not itself a PD.

:Bulimia?

That one is more complex and as yet not fully understood.

:Or any of the other disorders which are encompassed in the same defining
:characteristics of BPD.

Like depression? Mood swings? Anxiety? Other PDs? Ever
heard of differential diagnosis, Goof?

:> :So Kali, where did you come up with the idea that children are never dx


:> :with Borderline personality Disorder.
:> :Hoof
:>
:> The DSM, for one source. Personality disorders are not
:> diagnosed in childhood or adolescence.
:
:They're NOT!!!

No, not typically. I certainly hope not.

:Conduct disorders, Antisocial Personality Disorder just to name two of the


:disorders with which children are dx with a personality disorder. ( From the
:DSM)

Conduct disorder is not a PD in the DSM or elsewhere. Some
recent studies have been done that demonstrate that
psychologists were able to predict future antisocial PD in
this population by age 24 or so. So yes, while it may be a
precursor, it is not technically ASPD.

Personality disorders should not be diagnosed until early
adulthood. Did you read through the whole thing, carefully?

:Oh my! And I even worked in a few programs ( minimum # of patients, clients,


:residents, now consumers approximately 120 or three units of 40 clients .)
:filled with children who were dx with personality disorders in the State
:System.

I'm sorry to hear that.

That program would be called the Adolescent program where
:chronological age was under 18.
:Hoof

A few of the older teens, who were recurrent offenders and
very disturbed, were diagnosed with BPD or ASPD in the
correctional facility where I worked as an intern. They had
apparently established the diagnostic criteria for
"pervasive pattern" over the years per their assessments.

None of the younger ones were diagnosed with PDs. The idea
was that most of the young girls were still dealing with
developmental issues. Many of them were from the inner
city, lived in poverty, and had parents who were often
absent or too overwhelmed to supervise and care for them.
Conduct disorder, PTSD, ADHD, masked/depression, anxiety,
and adjustment disorder were common diagnoses.

I am of the strong opinion that adolescence (especially
before the age of 16 or 17 or so) is too early to diagnose
PD. Normal teenagers can be quite narcissistic, impulsive,
oppositional, drive recklessly, and display a borderline-
like emotional instability. As they approach early
adulthood, maturity and stability begin to kick in. When
that doesn't happen, and the traits become rigid where a
"pervasive pattern of" behavior leading to interpersonal,
occupational, or social/legal problems is established,
that's the time to consider their candidacy for such a
diagnosis and then only as the diagnosis would help to
identify their treatment needs.

There are special cases, too - the 12 year old who steals,
sets fires, and tortures cats is likely to develop ASPD by
young adulthood. Still, at that point in time, I believe a
conduct disorder dx and strong intervention with care to
prevent drop-out is the best course. According to some of
the research, about half of these kids will respond to
combined CBT and family therapy and never develop ASPD.

But maybe I'm just too cautious or soft on kids. I've seen
what the PD labels can mean to the individual and to
society.

:> The onset is

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 10:55:55 PM8/20/03
to

Bob wrote:

She is the one who signed a guest book with her name and title. She still can't figure out that her information is verifiable on the internet at
the licensing board.
And Rauni, just for your information when I found out that our information was available to everyone because of the Public of Information Act,
including finding out where you reside, I contacted CWA and CAPT.
And just because you are not holding a current license, your info was still up there, and most likely will remain up at BVN&PT Examiners. I looked
up several of my old friends who I had worked with over the years.
It used to be that if any patient wanted to write to you, they had to write to you through the hospital mail service, not true anymore.
Hoof

HoofPrints

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 11:01:48 PM8/20/03
to

HoofPrints wrote:

> And Rauni, just for your information when I found out that our information was available to everyone because of the Freedom of Information Act,


> including finding out where you reside, I contacted CWA and CAPT.
> And just because you are not holding a current license, your info was still up there, and most likely will remain up at BVN&PT Examiners. I looked
> up several of my old friends who I had worked with over the years.
> It used to be that if any patient wanted to write to you, they had to write to you through the hospital mail service, not true anymore.
> Hoof

( Correction that is the Freedom of Information Act, just a tad upset thinking about this ACT where public info is given out at whim!!!!)


Bob

unread,
Aug 20, 2003, 11:16:29 PM8/20/03
to
HoofPrints wrote:
>

> She is the one who signed a guest book with her name and title. She still can't figure out that her information is verifiable on the internet at
> the licensing board.
> And Rauni, just for your information when I found out that our information was available to everyone because of the Public of Information Act,
> including finding out where you reside, I contacted CWA and CAPT.
> And just because you are not holding a current license, your info was still up there, and most likely will remain up at BVN&PT Examiners. I looked
> up several of my old friends who I had worked with over the years.
> It used to be that if any patient wanted to write to you, they had to write to you through the hospital mail service, not true anymore.
> Hoof
>

Isn't the FOIA wonderful.

She sure seems to have a fixation on children with BPD.


Bob

Ilya Shambat

unread,
Aug 21, 2003, 1:35:26 PM8/21/03
to
Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3F4371F2...@hotmail.com>...
> Good for you, you've provided us with another example of the classic
> feminist ad-hominem "you can't get a date."

Here's another, not feminist, ad hominem for you.
You're a clown.

John M Price PhD

unread,
Nov 2, 2003, 2:15:05 AM11/2/03
to
In sci.psychology article <3F43A373...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:

: Freudian psychology is one of the hottest topics in academia these days.

What utter twaddle!

: Freudian psychologists like Lacan and Derrida are all the rage, in

Maybe in the humanities, at the very best. Folk there can't see through
his style (he was a very good writer) and find the total lack of substance
therein. Besides, the humanities is where ideas end up when they can't be
tested empirically, or when the tests are ignored when the ideas are
demonstrated to be false, as in facilitated communication.

Not that they are free of value - they are simply a different baliwick.

: fact Derrida now tops the lists of works most often cited in scholarly
: research.

SCI tell you this? I'd like to know.

BTW, this group was rmgrouped long ago (I want to say 1995) and replaced
with sci.psychology.misc (no, I don't agree with the 'empty stem rule' of
the Big-8). Just so you know as propogation will be spotty. If you
*MUST* stay here, you might want to add spm to the newsgroups line to
insure that your article gets to the majority of the Big-8 servers.
(Though I do see spp in the line.)


--
John M. Price, PhD jmp...@calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling! | PGP Key on request or FTP!
Email responses to my Usenet articles will be posted at my discretion.
Comoderator: sci.psychology.psychotherapy.moderated Atheist# 683

There is a road to freedom. Its milestones are Obedience, Endeavor,
Honesty, Order, Cleanliness, Sobriety, Truthfulness, Sacrifice, and love
of the Fatherland.
- Adolf Hitler

John M Price PhD

unread,
Nov 2, 2003, 2:17:40 AM11/2/03
to
In sci.psychology article <3F43B24...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:

: LOL. Since universities don't list classes by "Freud" or any other

: famous theorist that question is a non-starter. They list classes like
: "Psychology 980i. The Child in the Family" and then spend half the class
: time discussing Freudian theory as currently being discussed by such
: leading authors as Lacan, Derrida and many others.

Not at teh better institutions.

In addition Freudian
: theory is now also hotly influencing literary theory, philosophy and
: other fields in addition to classic psychology.

Classic psychology? Ever read Boring? This is a science, not a
humanities area.


--
John M. Price, PhD jmp...@calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling! | PGP Key on request or FTP!
Email responses to my Usenet articles will be posted at my discretion.
Comoderator: sci.psychology.psychotherapy.moderated Atheist# 683

The crowning glory of Christianity is, that it is the only major religion
requiring absolutely no prerequisites such as intelligence, linguistic
polish, or philosophical depth.
- Pastor Frank on alt.atheism

John M Price PhD

unread,
Nov 2, 2003, 2:25:10 AM11/2/03
to
In sci.psychology article <3F441DB8...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
: A lot of updating of Freudian theory has been going on over the last
: couple of decades, especially in France, (Lacan and Derrida) but now
: expanded heavily into the US.

Hate to tell you this, but psychoanalysis is not updating anything. It is
a non-empirical field of thought. Not one fact can shake it from its
desired interpretation. And, as with most hermeneutic endeavors, displays
more information about hte analyst than the analysand.

Sure, there are many schools. This isn't advancement in the scientific
sense where data literally kill an idea and a new, more fitting theory is
developed. This branching is much more like the schisms of a religion,
another data free zone of thought where tests of ideas is particularly
irrelevant.

Read Crews & Webster for starters. Come back when you know a thing or two
about the history of psychology which, by all reasonable accounts, doesn't
include psychoanalysis save for its impact on psychiatry.

--
John M. Price, PhD jmp...@calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling! | PGP Key on request or FTP!
Email responses to my Usenet articles will be posted at my discretion.
Comoderator: sci.psychology.psychotherapy.moderated Atheist# 683

I see psychoanalysis as a contractual conversation about a person's
problems and how to resolve them. I tried to avoid the idea, which seemed
to be particularly pernicious, that the therapist knows more about the
patient than the patient himself. That seems to me so offensive. How can
you know more about a person after seeing him a few hours, a few days, or
even a few months, than he knows about himself? He has known himself a lot
longer!
- Thomas Szasz

Bob

unread,
Nov 2, 2003, 9:46:58 AM11/2/03
to
John M Price PhD wrote:
> BTW, this group was rmgrouped long ago (I want to say 1995) and replaced
> with sci.psychology.misc (no, I don't agree with the 'empty stem rule' of
> the Big-8). Just so you know as propogation will be spotty. If you
> *MUST* stay here, you might want to add spm to the newsgroups line to
> insure that your article gets to the majority of the Big-8 servers.
> (Though I do see spp in the line.)
>

Your cross post to soc.men is way out of date. No wonder your sci group
hasn't had a decent thing to say for years.

Bob

Bob

unread,
Nov 2, 2003, 9:51:23 AM11/2/03
to
John M Price PhD wrote:
> In sci.psychology article <3F43B24...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> : LOL. Since universities don't list classes by "Freud" or any other
> : famous theorist that question is a non-starter. They list classes like
> : "Psychology 980i. The Child in the Family" and then spend half the class
> : time discussing Freudian theory as currently being discussed by such
> : leading authors as Lacan, Derrida and many others.
>
> Not at teh better institutions.
>
> In addition Freudian
> : theory is now also hotly influencing literary theory, philosophy and
> : other fields in addition to classic psychology.
>
> Classic psychology? Ever read Boring? This is a science, not a
> humanities area.
>
>

LOL. Psychology will become science when the Sahara becomes a rain
forest. Its obviously self gratification and political posturing. But
don't tell your rats that Bob said so or they'll go on strike.

Why are you posting that crap to soc.men?

Bob

Bob

unread,
Nov 2, 2003, 9:52:38 AM11/2/03
to
John M Price PhD wrote:
> In sci.psychology article <3F441DB8...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> : A lot of updating of Freudian theory has been going on over the last
> : couple of decades, especially in France, (Lacan and Derrida) but now
> : expanded heavily into the US.
>
> Hate to tell you this, but psychoanalysis is not updating anything. It is
> a non-empirical field of thought. Not one fact can shake it from its
> desired interpretation. And, as with most hermeneutic endeavors, displays
> more information about hte analyst than the analysand.
>
> Sure, there are many schools. This isn't advancement in the scientific
> sense where data literally kill an idea and a new, more fitting theory is
> developed. This branching is much more like the schisms of a religion,
> another data free zone of thought where tests of ideas is particularly
> irrelevant.
>
> Read Crews & Webster for starters. Come back when you know a thing or two
> about the history of psychology which, by all reasonable accounts, doesn't
> include psychoanalysis save for its impact on psychiatry.
>

Yep, psychology is mostly political theory couched in faux scientific
language.

Bob

John M Price PhD

unread,
Nov 2, 2003, 3:48:11 PM11/2/03
to
In sci.psychology article <3FA519EB...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:

: Why are you posting that crap to soc.men?

Well, idiot boi, I tend to leave the followups as the original author
placed them. It is a matter of respect, as it were, to the writer and the
readers of the thread in all its various places.

Do read Boring, though. You might get an improved look on the field. Do
avoid mathematical psych until you've finished a couple of years of
calculus (that comes after algebra, trig, analytical geometry, etc.)


--
John M. Price, PhD jmp...@calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling! | PGP Key on request or FTP!
Email responses to my Usenet articles will be posted at my discretion.
Comoderator: sci.psychology.psychotherapy.moderated Atheist# 683

I see psychoanalysis as a contractual conversation about a person's

Bob

unread,
Nov 2, 2003, 7:08:02 PM11/2/03
to
John M Price PhD wrote:
> In sci.psychology article <3FA519EB...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> : Why are you posting that crap to soc.men?
>
> Well, idiot boi, I tend to leave the followups as the original author
> placed them. It is a matter of respect, as it were, to the writer and the
> readers of the thread in all its various places.
>
> Do read Boring, though. You might get an improved look on the field. Do
> avoid mathematical psych until you've finished a couple of years of
> calculus (that comes after algebra, trig, analytical geometry, etc.)
>
>

Bob's been reading "Hysteria" by Christopher Bollas, another Freudian
psychoanalyst. Have you read it?

BTW, your "idiot boi" sounds like you'd fit right in.

And Bob finished calc classes many decades ago, along with statistical
analysis and logic. Bob is also good at mathematical programming to
approximate all those messy formulas to any needed accuracy. But thanks
for demonstrating your remedial education level.

Bob

Bob

unread,
Nov 3, 2003, 5:08:23 AM11/3/03
to
On 02 Nov 2003 07:15:05 GMT, John M Price PhD <jmp...@calweb.com> wrote:

>In sci.psychology article <3F43A373...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>: Freudian psychology is one of the hottest topics in academia these days.
>
>What utter twaddle!

Sex is a normal, pleasurable body function. Rape is
normal pleasurable body function, even sometimes including
orgasm, with a disagreement over who is to decide. Claiming that
rape is violence by definition asserts that normal pleasure is
"violence" by definition. That claim is really the fucked up in
the head illogic of hate.

Freud would agree with me.

Bob

NR

unread,
Nov 3, 2003, 5:38:06 AM11/3/03
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

On 02 Nov 2003 07:17:40 GMT, John M Price PhD <jmp...@calweb.com> wrote:

>In sci.psychology article <3F43B24...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>: LOL. Since universities don't list classes by "Freud" or any other
>: famous theorist that question is a non-starter. They list classes like
>: "Psychology 980i. The Child in the Family" and then spend half the class
>: time discussing Freudian theory as currently being discussed by such
>: leading authors as Lacan, Derrida and many others.
>
>Not at teh better institutions.
>
> In addition Freudian
>: theory is now also hotly influencing literary theory, philosophy and
>: other fields in addition to classic psychology.
>
>Classic psychology? Ever read Boring? This is a science, not a
>humanities area.

I have BPD but my health insurance won't cover the meds.. is there
a way I can get it on the street?

Thanks.


NR

http://www.pat-acceptance.org/kookrant.html
http://www.pat-acceptance.org/kookrant2.html

If I catch you busting into a mass and vilifying a church, the last thing
you'll hear in your entire life, will be the ratatatatat of an automatic.
- --Steve Chaney to Mark Ira Kaufman
Message-ID: <1992May19.2...@csus.edu>

Young Mr. Chaney, the man who has told me that he wants to murder me and
sodomize women in my family, has said, repeatedly, that advocates for
choice had vandalized churches.
- --Mark Ira Kaufman
Message-ID: <1992Jun6.1...@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>

she probably has to have her picture taken by satellite because no normal
camera can fit all that whale blubber into one picture.
- --Steve Chaney
Message-ID: <1992Oct28.0...@csus.edu>

Excessively fat women look ugly. It is impractical to try and have sex when
she's 100lbs overweight and the weight is all fat - but most women ain't
that big.
- --Steve Chaney
Message-ID: <3814f6ca$0$2...@nntp1.ba.best.com>

You of course do know what a lot of Asian women prefer, right? Besides,
after fucking a cute asian chick, experience tells me it isn't all that
except that she looks good on your arm. In bed it ain't much at all. If the
lights go out, any guy whose hormones are more fixed on performance than
looks, is going to go to sleep right there and then.
- --Steve Chaney
Message-ID: <3a569378...@207.217.77.23>

Clarice and Allisson were well beyond a BMI of 25 in their pictures where
they were called cows.
- --Steve Chaney
Message-ID: <3e005dd...@news.sf.sbcglobal.net>

If Dutton knocked on Steve's door and Steve shot him in the face, I would
really not care.
- --Crash Street Kidd about Steve Chaney
Message-ID: <bjqq7...@drn.newsguy.com>

Stephen A Chaney admits to sodomizing his daughter if he forges me now.


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: N/A

12Umi4meTZzXMAdA6fMmK4hNFkYdCiuLBxBCMSrCXVWXoiQX0cbqj3xtkdBVb1dv
0qk2ulrP8L+1+Hzz7UOMIP43
=Y+t1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Bob

unread,
Nov 3, 2003, 9:52:50 AM11/3/03
to
That was a forgery

The real Bob

Sharon B

unread,
Nov 3, 2003, 8:39:58 PM11/3/03
to
On 02 Nov 2003 20:48:11 GMT, John M Price PhD <jmp...@calweb.com>
wrote in <3fa56d8b$0$3575$d36...@news.calweb.com>:

>In sci.psychology article <3FA519EB...@hotmail.com> Bob <boby...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>: Why are you posting that crap to soc.men?
>
>Well, idiot boi,

ah. I see you've met Bobbit.

<http://www.insurgent.org/~alcatroll/Soc.men/goldenbull.html>

John M Price PhD

unread,
Nov 16, 2003, 12:08:09 PM11/16/03
to
In sci.psychology article <5m0eqvgq9m0d6fthr...@4ax.com> Sharon B <sha...@lart.com> wrote:

: ah. I see you've met Bobbit.

: <http://www.insurgent.org/~alcatroll/Soc.men/goldenbull.html>

Wow.

No wonder he likes Lacan.

--
John M. Price,