Excerpt: E. Q. and the Sedona Method

1 view

Rema Therne

Nov 3, 2003, 5:12:08 PM11/3/03
I have permission to distribute an excerpt from the New
York Times bestselling book, "The Sedona Method," by Hale
Dwoskin. The book describes an emotional releasing
technique that has been perfected over the past 30 years
and is used by thousands of people on a daily basis.

The Sedona method employs a simple set of questions that
help people relax and focus on the present. Its
effectiveness at reducing stress was shown in a study
conducted by renowned Harvard psychologist David C.
McClelland. In a another study by Mutual of New York,
insurance salespeople taught the Sedona method closed 33%
more business in a six-month period than the control group
who did not receive the training.

The excerpt I'm distributing is called "Emotional
Intelligence and the Sedona Method" and begins with a
description of how the method has been used to enhance
workplace performance. It then discusses the ways the
method builds Emotional Intelligence, which is a major
contributor to career advancement and workplace
achievement.

The excerpt includes a case history of a computer
programmer who has used the method off and on since 1983.
His results are typical, not phenomenal. Among other
things, he uses the releasing technique to help stop
feeling superior to others, resulting in greater job
satisfaction, performance, and compensation.

For those interested in getting the excerpt, please send
mailto:remat...@bellsouth.net with the subject line,
"Send Sedona" and I'll reply with the text (and *only* the
text -- no file attachments or opt-in mailing list jive).