Rorschach test in ADHD testing

nospamto...@hotmail.com

Aug 12, 2003, 2:29:48 PM8/12/03

Why would a tester do Rorschach testing in ADHD testing?

Does personality play a part in ADHD?

Thank you.

Mark D Morin

Aug 12, 2003, 9:19:35 PM8/12/03
On 12 Aug 2003 18:29:48 GMT, nospamto...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Why would a tester do Rorschach testing in ADHD testing?

I don't think it's exactly the norm but I've had instances when I've
seen red flags that there could be more than adhd. There are
conditions when conventional treatment for ADHD can actually make
things worse. So if there is any hint of a thought disorder or
bipolar, that needs to be explored.

>Does personality play a part in ADHD?

Very much. Particularly in how you cope with it. The rorschach is a
good tool for uncovering strengths that can be used as tools as well
as weeknesses that can complicate living with ADHD.

If you have questions tho, the best person to ask is the person who
did the testing.

>Thank you.

You fool yourself if you imagine what you or others
say about others is their problem, rather than your
problem.

You can trash people all you want, but your trashing
them isn't, in itself, a problem for them.
Linda Gore 08/06/03

http://home.gwi.net/~mdmpsyd/index.htm

Holly

Aug 12, 2003, 9:47:18 PM8/12/03
nospamto...@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<bhbbms$862$1...@knot.queensu.ca>...

> Why would a tester do Rorschach testing in ADHD testing?
>
> Does personality play a part in ADHD?
>
> Thank you.

I would imagine a tester would do a Rorschach to Rule Out other
disorders such as Conduct Disorder or Oppositional Defiant Disorder
which are often comorbid with ADHD. Be aware that specialized training
is required for administration and interpretation of a Rorschach.

Good Luck/

David Gould

Aug 12, 2003, 10:12:18 PM8/12/03
On 12 Aug 2003 18:29:48 GMT, nospamto...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Why would a tester do Rorschach testing in ADHD testing?

Because they haven't found anything they can medically test for yet.
BTW, that means there's no scientific proof that ADHD (as a chemically
treatable disease) exists.

Dave, http://www.deep-trance.com