hypersexuality vs sexual arousal

bak...@yahoo.com

Jul 24, 2008, 7:29:52 AM7/24/08

------------=_1216895302-27361-10

The etiology of ablation of amygdale results is hypersexuality
according to multiple researches (search keywords: amygdale lesion
lobectomy). Moreover people who underwent temporal lobectomy (right)
often reported hypersexuality (same search above). However, it has
been shown that stimulation of amygdale causes erection (penile). Then
how is it possible someone with total destruction of amygdale can be
hypersexual and have an erection? The current psychological literature
is inundated with reports of hypersexual behavior after right temporal
lobectomy or lesion of amygdale. Therefore the question is what is
considered hypersexual? Someone making lewd comments or groping or
mimicking sexual act is considered hypersexual according to latest
psychological researches. They have forgotten than sex involves
certain body parts by at least two partners and certain actions (for
example inability to achieve an erection, how can someone be involved
in a sexual incident because of that?). So my question is first we
need to define what is hypersexual before anything. If cursing using
sexual overtones is sexual then I have no issues. However it will only
confuse the sex with non-sexual element.

One last issue. I was surprised to find out that lots of female sexual
arousal researches were done by measuring female genital blood
circulation. I was expecting a brain (fMRI) research where researchers
would measure blood flow in the brain while females were sexually
aroused and find out which area of the brain got activated for
different types of sexual activity (masturbation, sexual imagery etc).
Instead it was shock for me to find out that most of the researchers
instead decided to fulfill their perversity by focusing on female
genitalia and observe them and all in the name of science (pseudo
science).

------------=_1216895302-27361-10

The Heluna e-mail filters believe this e-mail may be spam.

To help refine the Heluna system, please forward this message to
sp...@heluna.com to report this message as spam.

Scoring: 5.9, sensitivity 5.0

6.2 FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD 'From' yahoo.com does not match 'Received' headers
0.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%
[score: 0.5127]
-0.3 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

------------=_1216895302-27361-10--

sci.psychology.research is a moderated newsgroup.
Before submitting an article, please read the guidelines which are posted
here bimonthly or the charter on the web at http://psychcentral.com/spr/
Submissions are acknowledged automatically.