Between groups + within groups at same time??

DamoInA...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2008, 8:37:33 PM4/16/08
Hello all,

Got a study to run which is a little bit strange. Imagine a study
with
a control group (1 person) and a treatment group (1 person). Both
groups run through 10 identical serials. Then, we swap the
participant
in the control group for the participant in the treatment group, and
run another 10 serials. We do this to gather feedback from the
participants as to the subjective differences between the conditions.

What would you call this design? I'm pretty sure it's not a crossover
study, since I have one control group, and not 2 treatment groups.
It's almost like a between groups study for the first 5 serials, then
within groups for the following 5.

Any ideas?

sci.psychology.research is a moderated newsgroup.
Before submitting an article, please read the guidelines which are posted
here bimonthly or the charter on the web at http://psychcentral.com/spr/
Submissions are acknowledged automatically.