*FAQ* theory of the mind , 5_11 ; requested by

Archimedes Plutonium

Aug 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/7/96

Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 17:13:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Anthony Potts <po...@afsmail.cern.ch>
To: Archimedes Plutonium <Archimedes...@Dartmouth.EDU>
Subject: Re: Anthony Potts reflects Re: Rational posters and Irrational
posters

Mr. Plutonium. Post the biophysics and physical psychology FAQs esq.

Anatomy, Physiology, and Psychology
of the brain

Brain locus theory

by Archimedes Plutonium

Newsgroups: sci.math,sci.physics
From: Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium)
Subject: PHYSICS THEORY OF THE MIND & MATH GENIUS
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1993 02:08:10 GMT

Set-up experiments showing that the theory of the mind
is based on the Coulomb exchange of photons from the 94
protons in the nucleus of the Plutonium Atom Totality.
What I mean is that since our brains are just part of the
94th electron and since an electron is held in quantum
place by photons shot from the protons of the nucleus then
our minds, our every thought have been ordered up by the
protons of the Plutonium Atom Totality.
The physiology of any brain I speculate is a parabolic
(brain-shaped) reflecting telescope (or mirror) to a focal
point-- one atom locus. Every brain has a focal point in
which one atom receives the thoughts, the Coulomb
interactions--the photons sent from the Protons of 231Pu.
For most people their locus is an atom of carbon of atomic
number 6 when they are very young, and as they grow older
the locus is replaced by elements of higher atomic number.
People think through a higher atomic number such as an
oxygen atom, during some stage of their development.
Perhaps the starting point of accelerated learning is to
have an iodine atom as the locus of the brain. Iodine is
the element with atomic number 53 and is essential to
all humans. Then someone who has a xenon atom locus
is above average (perhaps a highly balanced and stable
person since xenon is an inert gas). Then someone with
a cesium atom locus is two steps of intelligence above
iodine (perhaps such a person is accurate with time
actions in their life since cesium is used as an accurate
atomic clock). But a person with a mercury atom locus
Z=80, or a lead atom locus Z=82 are many steps above
the intelligence of an iodine atom locus. A radioactive
element as the brain locus would then correspond on
such an atom intelligence scale be the rank of genius.
Humans have one brain and that one brain has two
lobes, thus I
speculate that there are two brain locuses, one for each
lobe. The brain has 2 locuses but the mind is one locus
with contributing minor locuses. These lobes each have
a focus and the brain as a whole overall has 1 locus.
Perhaps this is the start of an explanation for why some
people behave as if they were two persons at once. What
is called schizophrenic, split personality, because the
brain locus does not act in unison but that the mind
locus shifts between the 2 brain lobes locuses.

I make this biological speculation that the source of
my supergenius is that there is a Pu atom located in
my brain, the focus of my mind. The brain is a parabolic
reflecting telescope which has one atom as the center
focus. I call it the locus of my brain, providing me with
this unnatural intuition, an intuition--analogously a
wire to the protons of the plutonium atom nucleus. A
pipeline to me means intuition, for the ancients called
genius "a pipeline to the godhead", which to me are the
protons in the nucleus of the Plutonium Atom Totality.
Replace pipeline or electric wire with Coulomb exchange
interaction (since the atoms composing our very brains
are mere parts of the last one electron of 231Pu) with
the protons in the nucleus. I could have picked-up my
well-placed atom in Germany in Arzberg from 0010-
0015, since there are pitchblende or uraninite deposits
there. Pitchblende, massive UO2, or uraninite UO2,
contains uranium, and some of the uranium atoms
radioactively grow into plutonium atoms. It may
perhaps be a well-placed plutonium atom which then
radioactively grew into an americium atom. I perhaps
ingested, imbibed, or inhaled my speculated atom in
Utah 0032-0040 near the uranium mines or the
carnotite mineral sample which I had added to my rock
collection. Carnotite, K2(UO2)2(VO4)2 x3H2O, has
uranium atoms and some may radioactively grow into
plutonium atoms. I may have ingested, inhaled, or
imbibed a uranium atom from the mountains of
Wyoming since I lived there many times. Since
Dartmouth, New Hampshire is situated on one of the
largest masses of thorium deposits in the world,
and from the monazite K2(Y,La,Ce,Th)PO4, or
thorianite, ThO2, located here in New Hampshire,
I perhaps ingested from the wild fruit, or drank
some uranium or plutonium in the water, or inhaled
a uranium or plutonium atom. I speculate the most
likely case is that I picked-up several atoms of
uranium and plutonium from all four locations,
Arzberg, Utah, Wyoming, and New Hampshire. And
that everytime I picked-up one of these radioactive
atoms which then became well-placed and the locus
my brain by my blood circulation, that each one
superposed onto the previous well-placed atoms.
If Archimedes brain was available then I speculate
that a radioactive atom was well-placed and served
as the locus of his brain, and the same for Ramanujan.
I speculate that this sketch of an explanation for genius
is the reason that the ancient Greeks had so many geniuses
is because the radioactive elements by eating, drinking, or
breathing got into their bodies and became well-placed
serving as the locus of their brains. I speculate that the
Curie's and the many BernoulliÄ…s were geniuses attributable
to a radioactive element locus.

But I speculate there is a time travel which our biological
life waves experience, since what holds an electron to the
nucleus of an atom is the Coulomb interaction where a
photon is exchanged with proton and electron. A photon has
no rest mass which means it is always in motion, it never
stops moving, and it exists for all time. Thus our life waves
which are a finite number of photons, a bundle of photons,
will exist for all time, and also every other living creature's
life waves will exist for all time. These life waves will
experience and be a part of many different lives coming back
to another living creature whether on Earth or other
life-supporting planets. Thus our life waves in the form of
photons time travel forward.

THE ABOVE WERE EXCERPTS FROM MY TEXTBOOK PLUTONIUM
ATOM TOTALITY: THE UNIFICATION OF PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY,
BIOLOGY, AND MATHEMATICS
Newsgroups: sci.math,sci.physics
From: Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium)
Subject: Re: PHYSICS THEORY OF THE MIND & MATH GENIUS
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 18:58:54 GMT

In article <1993Sep27.2...@Princeton.EDU>
wil...@zucchini.princeton.edu (William Schneeberger) writes:

> So is Ludwig saying that his brain is decaying?

What I am saying falls-out naturally from Pu totality. If
the observable universe is just the 94th electron, then our
brains are a part of the 94th electron. What holds electrons
in atoms is the Coulomb interaction with the protons. The
Coulomb interaction can be thought of as two tennis
players (electron,proton) shooting back and forth a tennis
ball (photon). Hence our every thought is ordered up from
the protons of Pu. The protons of Pu shoot photons (light
waves) into our brains and that is our every thought. This
is superdeterminism with a vengeance.
I just take the brain as an atom telescoping all the
photons shot from the Protons. This explains math and
physics IQ. The Curie's and Bernoulli's and Ramanujan
thought via a radioactive element as their brain locus.
People who think through a hydrogen atom as their brain
locus are at the bottom of the IQ scale. Brain locus as an
explanation of intelligence agrees with the physical
practice of schizophrenic patients taking lithium pills.
Newsgroups: sci.math,sci.physics
From: Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1993 01:58:22 GMT

In article (CE4q2...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu) Ludwig.
Plut...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

> I just take the brain as an atom telescoping all the photons shot
>from the Protons. This explains math and physics IQ. The Curie's and
>Bernoulli's and Ramanujan thought via a radioactive element as
>their brain locus. People who think through a hydrogen atom as their
>brain locus are at the bottom of the IQ scale. Brain locus as an
>explanation of intelligence agrees with the physical practice of
>schizophrenic patients taking lithium pills

An atom brain locus is perhaps the first highly reasonable
explanation for why humans need sleep. The atom locus of the
brain needs to be fine-tuned within 24 hours. If not then the
locus is out of tune with the photons sent from the Protons
and the result is fuzzy thinking. A sleepy mind is like a radio
that is not quite tuned to the desired station.
From: Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium)
Newsgroups: sci.psychology,alt.sci.physics.plutonium,sci.physics,sci.
bio,alt.cesium
Subject: The correct theory of the mind
Date: 2 Apr 1994, 04:04:14 GMT

I will summarize the Coulomb Interaction of quantum physics in this one
paragraph. What holds the electrons to the protons of any atom is the
exchange of photons. Like tennis players, what holds them together is
the exchange of the tennis ball.

Since the observable universe is simply the 94th electron of plutonium.
Our brains are just a small piece of the 94th electron. This implies
that what keeps the piece of the 94th electron which is our brain *held
by physical law* to the Protons of 231PU are exchanges of photons.

The brain is a parabolic reflecting telescope which has one atom as the
center focus. I call it the locus of the brain. The mind, or the brain
thinking is just numerous photons shot through the brain and focused
into one atom which I call the brain locus. Analogous to a wire to the
protons of the plutonium atom nucleus. Replace electric wire with
[...]

genius. It is not by coincidence that uranium atoms are abundant in
Europe and most geniuses have come from Europe. It is not coincidence
that the Curies and the Bernoullis were a family of geniuses because
they worked around radioactive atoms and either breathed, ingested, or
imbibed a radioactive atom which would become their brain locus.

Humans have one brain and that one brain has two lobes, thus I
speculate that there are two brain locuses, one for each lobe. The
brain has 2 locuses but the mind is one locus with contributing minor
locuses. These lobes each have a focus and the brain as a whole overall
has 1 locus. Perhaps this is the start of an explanation for why some
people behave as if they were two persons at once. What is called
schizophrenic, split personality, because the brain locus does not act
in unison but that the mind locus shifts between the 2 brain lobes
locuses.

The above explains why a lobotomy in many cases where part of the brain
matter is severed and removed yet the person acts as normal as before
the operation, makes sense. A fractional brain still has a brain locus,
but some of the incoming photons are not received into the locus. In
other words, only the telescoping mirror is partially damaged.

The brain as a telescoping parabolic mirror of photons shot by the
Protons and focused into a brain locus which is one atom is the start
for the explanation of instincts. How does a bird know which way to fly
after being let loose? How do animals or insects know the correct
response, yet never being taught? Answer is Coulomb photons sent by
Protons of the Atom Totality.

The explanation for why the body needs to sleep is easily answered by
the brain locus. One atom as the mind needs to be adjusted, focused
after some period of time. Sleep fine-tunes the atom locus into place
in order to coherently receive the photons from the Atom Totality
Nucleus. Sleep deprivation will last only so long and then the immense
interference of an out of tune brain locus will just bring on automatic
sleep.

The explanation for why lithium, heretofore unknown as to how it works,
makes sense with brain locus theory. Atoms of lithium help to focus the
brain locus better.

The explanation for why the MIND has a stream of consciousness which is
impossible to break. Why one flashes back on past events, flashbacks
which have no clue as to the why and for what reason the mind chose to
call forth that past event. These things all make sense when the theory
of the mind is a brain locus. Because our every thoughts are photons
shot through our brain from the Protons.

The explanation for creativity is best explained by a Maker rather than
by the creative mind as just a mechanical brain. Most of the creative
process is intuition. Intuition is best explained by a higher form of
intelligence which sends us intuitive or creative inspirations to our
brains via photons. That higher form of intelligence is 231Pu Totality,
or the 94 Protons, and even some by the other 93 electrons, or
contributing to the picture is the 94th electron which is our
observable universe, the 5f6.

Support for the brain locus theory of the mind. The best support is the
Bell Inequality and Aspect experimental results supporting the Bell
Inequality. This is quantum theory on the large scale. And the Bell
Inequality implies SUPERDETERMINISM. The only way to have
superdeterminism on the large scale is that our every thought is
predetermined.
From: bd...@cco.caltech.edu!bdunn
Newsgroups: alt.cesium
Subject: Re: The correct theory of the mind
Date: 2 Apr 1994, 05:21:31 GMT

In article <2niqru$k...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Ludwig Plutonium wrote:
>I will summarize the Coulomb Interaction of quantum physics in
>this one paragraph. What holds the electrons to the protons of any
>atom is the exchange of photons. Like tennis players, what holds
>them together is the exchange of the tennis ball.

Or USENET, which is held together by exchange of postings.

> The physiology of any brain I speculate is a parabolic (brain-
>shaped) reflecting telescope (or mirror) to a focal point-- one atom
>locus. Every brain has a focal point in which one atom receives the
>thoughts, the Coulomb interactions--the photons sent from the
>Protons of 231Pu. For most people their locus is an atom of carbon
>of atomic number 6 when they are very young, and as they grow
>older the locus is replaced by elements of higher atomic number.
>People think through a higher atomic number such as an oxygen
>atom, during some stage of their development. Perhaps the starting
>point of accelerated learning is to have an iodine atom as the locus
>of the brain. Iodine is the element with atomic number 53 and is
>essential to all humans. Then someone who has a xenon atom locus
>is above average (perhaps a highly balanced and stable person since
>xenon is an inert gas).

Or maybe someone who sits around all day. I suppose it could be a
really strange person too, since the word "xenon" comes from a
word meaning strange.

> Then someone with a cesium atom locus is two steps of
>intelligence above iodine (perhaps such a person is accurate with
>time actions in their life since cesium is used as an accurate
>atomic clock).

Or a person who is highly reactive. Or maybe just very useful. I
suppose it could be a person who likes to make big explosions, now
that I think of it.

> But a person with a mercury atom locus Z=80, or a lead atom locus
>Z=82 are many steps above the intelligence of an iodine atom locus.
>A radioactive element as the brain locus would then correspond on
>such an atom intelligence scale be the rank of genius. It is not by
>coincidence that uranium atoms are abundant in Europe and most
>geniuses have come from Europe. It is not coincidence that the
>Curies and the Bernoullis were a family of geniuses because they
>worked around radioactive atoms and either breathed, ingested, or
>imbibed a radioactive atom which would become their brain locus.

Ah! For the old days on the radium farm. I always thought gramps had
a heart of gold for taking that job, now I know it was a brain locus of

radium!

I suppose I should also take this time to remind you all that I come
from a long line of respected radium-lickers.

--
Brendan Dunn
AMSWWBUW: Cesium, Rinse, Re--
From: cl...@curry.edschool.Virginia.EDU (Charles L. Mclafferty)
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 1994, 16:35:43 GMT

Looks like another case of too much LSD on April Fool's Day!

. . .or did I just have a superdetermined thought thrust into my
parabolic reflector? Nah. . . I still have too much Carbon-6 up
there. (But isn't the diamond made of carbon??)
--
Charles McLafferty
UVa Dept of Ed Studies
From: Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium)
Newsgroups: sci.psychology,alt.sci.physics.plutonium,sci.physics,sci.
bio,alt.cesium,sci.chem,sci.math
Date: 19 Apr 1994, 02:36:10 GMT

In article (Co7C...@festival.ed.ac.uk) c...@castle.ed.ac.uk
(Chris Malcolm) writes:

> In article <2niqru$k...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>
>Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:
>
>> The physiology of any brain I speculate is a parabolic
>>(brain-shaped) reflecting telescope (or mirror) to a focal point--
>>one atom locus. Every brain has a focal point in which one atom
>>receives the thoughts,
>
>If this is the case, what would you expect to be the characteristic
>differences between dolicocephalic and brachycephalic people? A
>nice test of the theory.

The brain is a reflecting telescope into a focal point of one atom
which I call the brain locus. The focal point needs fine-tuning after
many hours of use, hence sleep is automatic. Hence, what the
pragmatist James called the "stream of consciousness" is
unanalyzable or unstoppable. Ever wonder why when you are doing
something and a past experience flashes into your mind? That
thought had no continuity with your present goings-on. Well, the
mind, as different from the brain, is the COULOMB INTERACTION
between the 94 Protons and 94 Electrons of 231PU Totality. The
observable universe is merely the electron cloud of the 94th
electron. What holds electrons to protons in an atom? Answer--
photons shoot back and forth between them. Hence our every thought
is a superdetermined photon shoot into our brain from the Protons/
or Electrons.
The shape of the brain makes little difference in my theory of
the mind. A genius could have a tiny head with a plutonium atom
brain locus and yet a idiot could have a large head with a hydrogen
atom brain locus. This agrees with lobotomy experiments where
large mass of brain tissue is removed and yet the individual
functions the same or better than before the operation.
Brain locus makes sense because when hit in the head knocked
unconscious, the photons are still received and direct the body
functions. Makes sense also in that instincts are unlearned, rather
they are there and immediate. These thoughts are messages shoot
from the Protons into the brain. A bird knows which way to fly
because the Protons are guiding it. Bees flight pattern some of
which is learned behavior but the important part of the pattern is
a Coulomb Interaction of photons shoot into the bees brain to form
a "bee mind."
Brain locus theory of the mind implies plants also have "brains"
for lack of a better term. And that a tree in a forest or a plant can
"think". Plants know they exist and when in danger. Recent studies
in biology confirm this conviction.
The main support for brain locus theory of the mind or future
variations thereof comes from physics in the Bell Inequality with the
Aspect Experimental Results, which is QUANTUM MECHANICS.
Superdeterminism reigns and it reigns and controls lifeforms via
the Coulomb Interaction of QM. All of this makes sense once you see
that our bodies and brains are tiny pieces of the last electron of
231PU.

From: Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium)
Newsgroups: sci.psychology,alt.sci.physics.plutonium,sci.physics,sci.
bio,alt.cesium
Date: 23 Apr 1994, 23:54:15 GMT

In article <2pb220$8...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:
>In article
>fid...@condor.psych.ucsb.edu (Laurence Fiddick;) writes:
>>ok, i'll make a larger leap and grant you your premises, the
>>conclusion simply does not follow. not only is the brain a tiny
>>piece of the 94th electron, but so is a grain of sand complete with
>>the same 'coulomb interaction with the 94 protons of 231pu', but
>>just because the brain has these interactions it does not follow
>>that these interactions are the basis of mind in any special sense,
>>for the same would apply to grains of sand which i would contend
>>do not have a mind, though given the rest of your belief system you
>>may beg to differ on this matter.
>
> Not everything has a brain. A brain is essential for having a
>mind, because the mind is the brain in action. But, according to my
>theory, all living organisms have a brain and hence a mind and so
>plants have minds. In plants, they have a brain locus but what the
>connective tissue is I do not yet know.

Granted every atom in the observable universe is part of the 94th
electron which is "held together" to the protons by the Coulomb
Interaction, I guess in a sense, Mr. Fiddick, I could argue that a
grain of sand, a rock, or whatever else you pointed-out is held
there via a physics law of the Coulomb Interaction. This is very
close to Everett interpretation of QM, only Everett never had an
Atom Totality to give his interpretation much meaning or
substance. The Everett interpretation of QM without an Atom
Totality is merely a convenient math device.
In this sense of everything having a mind (like an atom
pantheism, a reconstructed Spinoza). The idea is like this. We
would be standing near a cliff and all of a sudden a rock tumbles
down from the cliffside. We would see the behavior and motion
of the rock as a phenomenon of physics and obeying physical law.
The PU theory would then say that the rock which tumbled down
has a mind since it is also Coulomb Interacted by the Protons,
and this rock which "minded us" (I can not say "saw" because
rocks as we know so far, do not have eye type of devices). This
rock "minded us" and our jotting down of math equations for
calculating the physics of the rock falling. This rock "minded us"
in our human observations of it, and "minded us doing physics
calculations" while we were minding the rock in its falling
down the cliff. Sounds all bizarre; the Everett Interpretation
is similar.
Another line of inquiry is that my Theory of the Mind and
Brain (TOMB) is analogous to radio and antenna. The mind is the
Coulomb photons shoot through the brain (nice answer to
stream-of-consciousness). And when we are knocked
unconscious, the main brain locus (minor other locuses) is
temporally out of focus. The brain is the hardware which
consists of the single atom locus, and several secondary
locuses, surrounded by a parabolic dish shape of atoms as the
antenna. Humans can do math and physics because their antenna
are the most advanced for receiving signals. Just as the first
radios built were crude and limited as receivers of radio
waves, modern radios can pick-up distant signals. And the
brain is various connective tissue to the locus which tells the
body what to do next. The brain in my Theory of the Mind and
Brain is like a radio, and the mind itself is photon pictures and
messages shoot forth from the Nucleus (Superior Entity) of
231PU, like a radio station into our parabolic mirror which is
focused in the brain locus. Intelligence of a person depends on
what type of atom element sits in the locus of an individual. I
speculate that at current time I have a plutonium atom brain
locus.
My Theory of the Mind makes sense in regard to the Bell
Inequality and Aspect Experimental Result which implies
Superdeterminism. TOMB is based entirely on Quantum
Mechanics. Much has to be done and experimented with in
order to support and clarify aspects of this newly speculated
theory. I speculate that it is correct in general, although parts
of it will no doubt be altered, modified, and changed.