Re: SCR: Are animals self-aware?, Morin

Glen Sizemore

Feb 1, 2006, 10:32:35 AM2/1/06
It is always amusing to see how badly mainstream
psychology has mangled this issue. The real question
is: Are animals (human and non-human) automatically
self-aware? That is, self-aware without a particular
sort of history? There is no question that non-human
animals may be made self-aware in limited ways, and
the popular drug-discrimination procedure shows this
without question. Then we must ask:

1.) When we train animals to report whether or not
they have been drugged, are we training them to report
something of which they were already aware, or are we
creating the awareness?

2.) Are there experiments that can be brought to bear
on the issue?

--- Thomas Zoėga Ramsųy <tho...@MAGNET.DRCMR.DK>

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=223

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=222

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=221

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=220

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=219

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=217

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=216

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=215

> *******************
> 9. Critical remarks about art in the brain
> john Hyman
> An online published paper by John Hyman provides a
> thorough criticism of
> two major contributors to the emergent field of
> neuroaesthetics, V.S.
> Ramachandran and Semir Zeki.

http://sci-con.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=214

=== message truncated ===