Human Trafficking Survey - Therapy

jblack

May 16, 2007, 8:31:26 AM5/16/07
I am a doctoral student in Forensic Studies at Alliant International
University and I am requesting your assistance in completing my
dissertation research on Human Trafficking: Common Diagnoses and the
Treatment of Sexual Exploitation. I hope that you will take a few
minutes to complete this survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=681623054851

The purpose of the research is to learn what the most common
psychological implications and diagnoses are of sexually exploited
trafficking survivors and what types of treatment, if any has been
utilized and the success rate of those treatments.

Participation in this research is voluntary. In order to preserve
complete confidentiality do not write any client names on any of the
forms. Information regarding the results of this study will be made
available to participants through professional publications.
Furthermore, at completion of the survey the website goes to a page
where the results are shared. If you would like the results when the
quota has been met please let me know.

Any or all people that would meet the criteria for the survey may fill
out the questionnaire: those working therapeutically with victims of
sexual exploitation through human trafficking. It has proven to be
difficult to find therapists and counselors that have worked with this
specific population. If you have not worked with this specific
population than I am sorry to have used your time.

This research is being conducted following the American Psychological
Associations Ethical Standards including those for Research with Human
Participants. Thank you in advance for your assistance in completing
this research.

** I understand that human trafficking comes in many different forms;
however, the specific topic has been narrowed to include any human
trafficking survivor who has also been sexually assaulted in some
way. I have included, in my literature review, the other forms of
trafficking.

Thank you very much for your time,

Jessica Black

sci.psychology.announce is a moderated newsgroup.
Before submitting an article, please read the guidelines which are posted
here bimonthly or the charter on the Web at http://psychcentral.com/spa/
Submissions are acknowledged automatically.