IMPACT MODIFIER FOR PMMA

Cguerra

Oct 28, 1994, 2:24:07 PM10/28/94
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN IMPACT MODIFIER WITH A REFRACTIVE INDEX OF 1.49,
SUITABLE FOR ADDITION TO PMMA AND RESULTING IN TRANSPARENT BLENDS?
I THINK THAT THIS MODIFIER WOULD HAVE TO HAVE BEEN MADE BY EMULSION
POLYMERIZATION, SHOULD BE MADE UP OF CROSSLINKED PARTICLES ABOUT 250
NANOMETERS IN SIZE.
I CAN'T FIND COMMERCIAL SOURCES FOR SUCH MATERIALS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A
PROCESS (RECIPE) FOR MAKING SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

Christopher Plummer

Oct 31, 1994, 9:16:08 AM10/31/94
In article <38rfk7$s...@newsbf01.news.aol.com> Cguerra, cgu...@aol.com
writes:

Try looking at Lovell et al, Polymer 34, 61 (1993) for info on making the
particles (core-shell etc). There are a lot of experimental RT-PMMAs
about which are both transparent, and considerably tougher than the
unmodified resins.

Bob Wanat

Nov 1, 1994, 12:53:01 PM11/1/94

>In article <38rfk7$s...@newsbf01.news.aol.com> Cguerra, cgu...@aol.com
>writes:
>>DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN IMPACT MODIFIER WITH A >REFRACTIVE INDEX OF 1.49,
>SUITABLE FOR ADDITION TO PMMA >AND RESULTING IN TRANSPARENT BLENDS?

>>I CAN'T FIND COMMERCIAL SOURCES FOR SUCH MATERIALS. DOES >ANYBODY HAVE
>A PROCESS (RECIPE) FOR MAKING SOMETHING >LIKE THIS?

<SNIP>

There are a lot of experimental RT-PMMAs
>about which are both transparent, and considerably tougher than the
>unmodified resins.

There's no need to settle for an experimental RT-pMMA. A full line of
transparent impact modified pMMAs is available commercially to fit the needs
of a large variety of applications. While you won't be able to get impact
modifier (or a recipe for it either!), you can obtain technical information
regarding the materials from the manufacturer: AtoHaas. E-mail to me if you
wish to pursue this.

.... my opinions only...

Bob Wanat (RBPZRW; (215) 785-8086)

ysa...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2012, 3:59:24 AM9/3/12
Hi Sirs,

I need to help about impact grade of pmma,

We would like to produce thin film pmma for uv absorber and will laminate on the pvc film for producing exterior pvc film for upvc frames but could not find pmma grade for producing transparent pmma film by blown extrusion film machine pls help to me which grade of altuglas or another mark is due for pthis machine

My transparent pmma film thickness will be 80 micron
thx for your helping
best rga
Yunus

mgup...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2016, 2:20:45 AM10/5/16
YES DEAR M/S LG CHEM IS HAVING SUCH PRODUCT UNDER TRADE NAME EM600(A) WITH REFERACTIVE INDEX OF 1.486 ( PMMA REFERACIVE INDEX 1.489) . IT GIVES EXCELLENT RESULTS.
MUKESH GUPTA-INDIA +919898035049
POLYMER CONSULTANT

toloan...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 7:27:33 AM5/7/19
Do you know where in Europe I can buy this EM600 product?