This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 28)

john baez

Jan 4, 1994, 5:29:34 PM1/4/94
This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 28)
John Baez

I think I'll finally break my New Year's resolution to stop making a fool
of myself on the net, and attempt an explanation of some things I am
just learning a bit about, namely, Teichmueller space and moduli space.
These are concepts that string theorists often throw around, and when I first
heard of them in that context I immediately dimissed them as just
another example of how physicists were learning far too much
mathematics for their own good. I take it all back! They are, in fact,
beautifully simple pieces of mathematics suited to physics in
2-dimensional spacetime. Two dimensions is low enough that one can
often actually understand exactly what's going on in problems that
become infinitely more tricky in higher dimensions. So even if one
doesn't "believe" in 2-dimensional physics the way the string theorists
do -- for them, physics happens on the worldsheet of the string, which is
2-dimensional -- it's worth learning as a kind of textbook case.

Everything I know so far is culled from the following sources, which by
no means form an exhaustive or even optimal set of references:

1) An Introduction to Teichmueller spaces, by Y. Imayoshi and M.
Taniguchi, Springer-Verlag, 1991, ISBN 4-431-70088-9.

2) An introduction to the moduli space of curves, by Joe Harris, in
Mathematical Aspects of String Theory (proceedings of a conference at UC
San Diego in 1986), ed. S. T. Yau, World Scientific Press, 1987, ISBN
9971-50-274-7.

The moduli space of punctured surfaces, by R. C. Penner, same volume.

3) The cohomology of the moduli space of curves, by John L. Harer, in
Theory of Moduli (lectures given at the 3rd 1985 session of C.I.M.E. at
Mondecatini Terme, Italy), ed. E. Sernesi, Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes
in Mathematics 1337, 1988, ISBN 0-387-50080-4.

There are a number of ways of describing Teichmueller space and moduli
space. Maybe the easiest is this. Start with the surface of a doughnut
with g handles, or as the experts say, a "surface of genus g". We can
make this into a "Riemann surface" if we cover it with lots of patches,
or "charts," each of which looks just like part the complex plane
(imagine a little piece of graph paper), and such that the change of
coordinates function relating overlapping patches is analytic, in the
usual sense of complex variables. The simplest Riemann surface is the
Riemann sphere, which is of genus zero; one gets this by taking the
complex plane and sticking on one more point, "infinity" -- think of a
sphere with "infinity" as the north pole. If we have a Riemann surface,
we can tell whether a complex-valued function on it is analytic, simply
by working locally in charts, so we can do complex analysis as usual on
a doughnut with lots of handles as long as we make it into a Riemann
surface! Since the main point of my article will be to provide the
reader with lots of buzzwords, I should add that making a surface of
genus g into a Riemann surface is called "giving it a complex structure."

Now, how many ways are there to give a surface of genus g a complex
structure? First of all we need a good notion of when two Riemann
surfaces are "the same". They must, of course, have the same genus, but
there must also be a 1-1 and onto function from one to the other that is
everywhere analytic, with an analytic inverse. (Again, it makes sense to say
such a function is analytic, since we can cover each Riemann surface
with charts that we can think of as bits of the complex plane.) Such a
mapping is called a "biholomorphic mapping" -- holomorphic just being
another word for analytic -- and if we want to sound fancy, we say that
the two Riemann surfaces are "biholomorphically equivalent."

Well, there's a famous old theorem of Riemann that for genus 0, there is
only ONE way to do it; any Riemann surface of genus 0 is
biholomorphically equivalent with the Riemann sphere. But for higher
genus there are infinitely many essentially different ways to give a
surface of genus g a complex structure. In fact, we can imagine a
big fat "space" of all ways. This is the moduli space of genus g!

The first key problem in the theory is to "get our hands on" moduli
space; that is, to describe it quite concretely. String theory provided
a lot of motivation for doing this very well, since the worldsheet of a
string -- that is, the string viewed in spacetime -- is just a surface,
and Feynman path integrals in string theory involve integrating over all
complex structures for this surface. To do integrals over moduli space
we need to bring it down to earth!

To do so, it's awfully handy to get involved with Teichmueller space.
Note that moduli space can be thought of as the space of equivalence
classes of complex structures on a fixed surface of genus g, where two
complex structures are deemed "the same" if they are biholomorphically
equivalent. Teichmueller space is defined using a more fine-grained
notion of "the same". Note that any biholomorphic mapping is a
diffeomorphism, that is, a smooth mapping with a smooth inverse. In
fact, it must also be orientation-preserving, since an
orientation-reversing map like complex conjugation can never be
holomorphic! Henceforth I will always mean "orientation-preserving
diffeomorophism" when I speak of diffeomorphisms of a surface.

Now, some diffeomorphisms are "connected to the identity" and some
aren't. We say a diffeomorphism f is connected to the identity if there
is a smooth 1-parameter family of diffeomorphisms starting at f and
ending at the identity diffeomorphism. In other words, a diffeomorphism
is connected to the identity if you can do it a bit at a time by a
gradual stretching process. To really understand this you need to
know some diffeomorphisms that *aren't* connected to the identity. Here's
how to get one: start with your surface of genus g > 0, cut apart one
of the handles along a circle, give one handle a 360-degree twist, and
glue the handles back together! This is called a Dehn twist.

Anyway, Teichmueller space may be defined as the space of equivalence
classes of complex structures on a fixed surface of genus g, where two
complex structures are counted as the same if they are biholomorphically
equivalent *by a diffeomorphism connected to the identity*.

A good way of understanding the relation between Teichmueller space and
moduli space is this. Define the mapping class group (of genus g) to be
the group of diffeomorphisms of a surface of genus g modulo the subgroup
of those connected to the identity. A beautiful fact is that this
group is generated by Dehn twists! In other words, given any
diffeomorphism of a surface, you can get it by first doing a bunch of
Dehn twists and then doing a diffeomorphism connected to the identity.
Since the mapping class group is finitely generated one should think of
it as a discrete group. In fact, folks know what the relations between
the generators are, too, and these are also very beautiful. I guess
good places to read about this stuff are the first paper that gave an
explicit presentation of mapping class groups:

4) A presentation of the mapping class group of a closed ,orientable
surface, by A. Hatcher and W. Thurston, Topology 19 (1980), 221-237.

and the simplified treatment in

5) A simple presentation for the mapping class group of an orientable
surface, Israel J. Math. 45 (1983), 157-174.

Actually, though I must admit my only acquaintance with mapping class
groups comes from leafing through

6) Braids, Links, and Mapping Class Groups, by Joan S. Birman, Annals of
Mathematics Studies no. 82, Princeton University Press, 1974.

As one can gather from this title there is a close connection between
mapping class groups and the braid group and knot theory, which is the
main reason why string theory allowed Witten to get new insights into
knots. (The more mundane connection, namely that one ties knots out of
string, seems largely unexplored, but see "week18".) Let me not digress
into this fascinating realm, however! The point I want to make here is
just that:

The mapping class group acts on Teichmueller space, and the quotient by
this group action is moduli space.

Anyone used to how math goes should find this pretty believable, but let
me explain: given a diffeomorphism of our surface of genus g, we can use
it as a kind of "coordinate transformation" to turn one complex
structure into another. So the group of diffeomorphisms acts on
Teichmueller space, but, given how Teichmuller space is defined, the
subgroup of diffeomorphisms connected to the identity acts trivially.
Thus the mapping class group acts on Teichmueller space. By how moduli
space is defined, two points in Teichmueller space define the same point
in moduli space iff one is obtained from another by an element of the
mapping class group.

Now the good thing about Teichmueller space is that it has very nice
coordinates on it, called Fenchel-Nielsen coordinates, which reveal it
to be diffeomorphic to R^{6g-6} when g > 1. (The case g = 0 is utterly
dull, since Teichmueller space is a point, and the case g = 1 is
beautifully treated using the fact that any Riemann surface of genus 1
is biholomorphically equivalent to the quotient of the complex plane by
a lattice, relating this case to the subject of elliptic functions, as
touched upon in "week13". I should also add that "week13" indicates, at
least in the g = 1 case, why moduli space is often called the "moduli
space of curves.")

Let me say how these coordinates go, rather sketchily, just so the
mysterious number 6g-6 becomes not so mysterious! Take your surface of
genus g -- just think of it as a doughnut with n holes -- and cut it up
into "pairs of pants," that is, pieces that look like

| |
| |
| |
| |
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ /\ \
/ / \ \

from above. Topologically, a pair of pants is just a sphere with three
discs cut out of it! A more dignified term for a pair of pants is a
"trinion," by the way.

The idea now is to describe the complex structure on each pair of pants
separately, and then describe how the pairs of pants are glued together.
Now, it turns out that the complex structures on each pair of pants are
very easily described (up to biholomorphic equivalences connected to the
identity). It takes 3 positive real numbers. There's a unique metric on the
original surface pants that is compatible with the complex structure
(i.e. is a "Kaehler metric) and has curvature equal to -1. This is
called a hyperbolic metric, as in hyperbolic geometry. Then, we can cut
the surface into pairs of pants along circles that are geodesics
relative to this metric. To describe the complex structure on each
pair of pants we simply need to measure the lengths of the 3 bounding
circles; these are called the "geodesic length functions". In other
words, if your pair of pants was hyperbolic, a tailor would only need to
measure you waistlength and the lengths around the two cuffs, not the inseams!

Now it's a fun exercise to show that we can chop up a surface of genus g
> 1 into exactly 2g - 2 pairs of pants. Doing so, moreover, requires
that we cut the surface along 3g - 3 circles. (Draw some pictures!)
Thus, we have a total of 3g - 3 geodesic length functions. However, we
also need to describe how the pairs of pants are attached to each other.
We can glue them together with any amount of twisting, and this twisting
is a real-valued parameter. So there are 3g - 3 "twisting parameters"
required to describe how the pairs of pants are attached. We thus have
a total of 6g - 6 parameters, the Fenchel-Nielsen coordinates, and
Teichmueller space is diffeomorphic to R^{6g - 6} (since the positive
real numbers are diffeomorphic to R itself).

I think I want to quit here but not before making a few random remarks.

First, there's another description of Teichmueller space which gives it
a triangulation, i.e., describes it as a bunch of high-dimensional
tetrahedra (simplices) glued together. Harer's paper gives a nice quick
sketch of this construction; the buzzword to look for is "quadratic
differentials." The nice thing about this is that the mapping class
group action respects this triangulation so we get a triangulation of
moduli space.

Second, quite recent work by Penner:

7) Universal constructions in Teichmueller theory, by R. C. Penner, Adv.
Math. 98 (1993), 143-215.

shows how to fit the Teichmueller spaces for different genus g into a
single universal object. This was directly motivated by string theory,
but the basic idea is (I think) simply that there should be some sense in which
one can go "continously" from genus g+1 to genus g by making one handle
smaller and smaller (with respect to the hyperbolic metric) until it
goes away.

Third, when studying the triangulation of Teichmueller space one
repeatedly runs across a certain "Pachner move" which goes from one
triangulation of a surface to another:

O O
/|\ / \
/ | \ / \
/ | \ / \
O | O <----> O-------O
\ | / \ /
\ | / \ /
\|/ \ /
O O

which reminds me of lattice field theories in 2 dimensions (see "week16"
for an explanation) and the "pentagon diagram" showing how to get
between the 5 simplest ways to triangulate a pentagon using this move
(see, for example, Figure 3 in Penner's paper above, or Figure 3.2 of
Harer's paper). The pentagon diagram appears both in Moore and
Seiberg's famous paper on string theory and chopping up surfaces into
pairs of pants:

8) Classical and quantum conformal field theory, by G. Moore and S.
Seiberg, Comm. Math. Phys. 123 (1989) 177-254

and in category theory, with the relationship *there* now pretty well
understood in terms of "modular tensor categories" -- see e.g.

9) 2-d physics and 3-d topology, by Louis Crane, Comm. Math. Phys. 135
(1991) 615-640.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any string guru to sit down
and really clarify how the triangulations of Teichmueller space fit in.
Lest the reader wonder what the heck I'm going on about, the idea is
that category theory provides a marvelous way to unify the profusion of
mathematical structures that are coming up these days, and if we ever
understood everything in those terms, it would all seem much less
confusing.

Previous issues of "This Week's Finds" and other expository
articles on mathematics and physics (as well as some of my
research papers) can be obtained by anonymous ftp from
ucrmath.ucr.edu; they are in the directory "baez." The README
file lists the contents of all the papers. Please do not ask me
how to use hep-th or gr-qc; instead, read the file preprint.info.

Rodrigo Martinez

Jan 5, 1994, 3:41:14 PM1/5/94
ba...@guitar.ucr.edu (john baez) writes:

> [........] String theory provided

>a lot of motivation for doing this very well, since the worldsheet of a
>string -- that is, the string viewed in spacetime -- is just a surface,
>and Feynman path integrals in string theory involve integrating over all

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>complex structures for this surface. To do integrals over moduli space

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>we need to bring it down to earth! [.......................]

The usual path-integral is not restricted to continuos paths (they can be
fractal like), but here you are restricting your 'surfaces-paths' to those
with complex structure (i.e. smooth surfaces). The justification
of this procedure seems to be only mathematical simplicity, without any
conceptual basis or I am missing some point?
Thanks.

mart...@risc4.physik.fu-berlin.de

John C. Baez

Jan 5, 1994, 4:24:19 PM1/5/94
In article <IRRK...@math.fu-berlin.de> mart...@risc4.physik.fu-berlin.de (Rodrigo Martinez) writes:
>ba...@guitar.ucr.edu (john baez) writes:

>> [........] String theory provided
>>a lot of motivation for doing this very well, since the worldsheet of a
>>string -- that is, the string viewed in spacetime -- is just a surface,
>>and Feynman path integrals in string theory involve integrating over all
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>complex structures for this surface. To do integrals over moduli space
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>we need to bring it down to earth! [.......................]

>The usual path-integral is not restricted to continuous paths (they can be

>fractal like), but here you are restricting your 'surfaces-paths' to those
>with complex structure (i.e. smooth surfaces). The justification
>of this procedure seems to be only mathematical simplicity, without any
>conceptual basis or I am missing some point?
>Thanks.

This is a good point, and it's worth noting that not only in string
theory but in most "practical" QFT folks gloss over this point. E.g.,
all the talk about instantons, topological charges and the like needs to
be examined rather critically since it typically assumes a functional
integral over a space of *smooth* or *continuous* fields, while one
actually expects the (Euclideanized) path-integral measure to be
supported on *distributional* (not even continuous!) fields. See e.g.
Glimm and Jaffe's book for some rigorous QFT formulated in terms of
functional integration over spaces of distributional fields.

However there are a couple of possible ways out --- since I am not a
string theorist I don't know how much people in string theory have
pondered these issues, but here's what comes to mind:

First, one can do a lot of path integration restricting ones attention
to continuous or even smooth paths as long as one is content to work
with "generalized measures," or what Segal, Zhou and I call
"distributions" in the book "Introduction to Algebraic and Constructive
QFT." (A quick review of this notion appears in a paper of mine
available as the file "baez/state.tex" by anonymous ftp from
math.ucr.edu; it's in the section called "generalized measures.")
These generalized measures are really just as good for most purposes as
ordinary measures. However, one must answer questions as to what's
legit and what's not on a case-by-case basis, not just wave ones hands!

Second, the moduli space and Teichmuller space are *finite-dimensional*
and they have natural measures supported on them, so one doesn't expect
the same sort of woes one gets in ordinary QFT where one is doing
integrals over infinite-dimensional spaces of fields. It's the
infinite-dimensionality, really, that makes one need to either complete
the space of smooth fields to get a bigger space on which the measure is
supported, or work with a generalized measure.

Third, and perhaps most crucially, any amount of handwaving would be
acceptable if in the end one got a mathematically consistent theory that
made testable predictions (particularly if the predictions came out to
be correct!). Quantization is always a dirty business.

Archimedes Plutonium

Sep 23, 2021, 1:19:12 PM9/23/21
John's problem is that he is a calculator brain, not a science theory brain. John does not have a logical mind to be in physics or math. As a teacher, John can regurgitate what the books say, but as for outside the box, John fails. Why, John fails science and math so badly that when it was shown to him that you simply drop a Kerr or Mason lid inside a rolled up paper cone the slant cut is a Oval in cone, never the ellipse. And what was John's reaction to this advice? Of course, the failure that John is with no logical brains, was to try and attempt to change the definition of ellipse to be that of the oval. Failures and losers of math and physics always want to discredit with ad hominem their opponents rather than accept the truth and reality of physics and math. And this can also be seen by failures wanting to ad hominem and do people talk-- more than roll up their sleeves and do actual physics and math-- witness: John makes a "crackpot measuring index".

John, why not accept the truth that a slant cut in cone is Oval, never a ellipse, or stay the mindless childish fool you are.

On Tuesday, January 4, 1994 at 4:29:34 PM UTC-6, john baez wrote:
> This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 28)
> John Baez
> I think I'll finally break my New Year's resolution to stop making a fool
> of myself on the net, and attempt an explanation of some things I am
> just learning a bit about, namely, Teichmueller space and moduli space.
> These are concepts that string theorists often throw around, and when I first

Yes, more people reading AP because John Baez and his troop of run and hide con artists of math of Andrew Wiles, Terence Tao, John Stillwell, Thomas Hales, Jill Pipher, Ken Ribet are at the con art fakery of math, not the truth of mathematics with their:

a) refusal to acknowledge calculus is geometry and thus requires a geometry proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.

b) Oval is the slant cut in single cone, never ellipse

c) Boole got all 4 of his connectors truth table wrong, worst being AND at TFFF when it truly is TTTF so we do not end up with 2 OR 1=3 with AND as subtraction

d) Natural Logarithm with base 2.71... has nothing to do with Y = 1/x for the Ln(1.00005) equals exactly 0.00005. A case of the logic fallacy that 1/x comes close, but you have the wrong function. And this fallacy of "coming close but no relationship" is seen again in the Andrew Wiles and Ken Ribet obnoxious claim that "elliptic curvers relate to counting numbers when they never did so".

So, failures of mathematics, Andrew Wiles, Terence Tao, Thomas Hales, Jill Pipher, John Stillwell, Ken Ribet, run , run, and hide for you cannot do proper correct math and only can do run and hide.

1> More people reading AP's newsgroup than sci.math for math science.
2> https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe

> [...]
>
> What we do not see is how much money is slided under the table for each of those stalk posts. Whether in cash or in license fees to even operate std World or in grants hidden from view and given obscure titles pretending to research something in internet behavior.
>
> So when was the last time that Alex Lopez-Ortiz posted his sci.math FAQ which did a perfectly swell job of WARNING to young students and newcomers, warning that you should believe only a fraction of what you read and that sci.math is coated in cranks crackpots and worthless stalkers like Kibo and Dan teaching 938 is 12% short of 945 and that 2 OR 1 = 3 with AND as subtraction due to error filled Boole logic.
>
> So we do not see how much of taxpayers dollars is going for the likely-clinically-obese stalkers of Kibo Parry M., Dan Christensen, Jan Burse munching on chocolate bonbons sitting on their arse all day long spewing hatred. We do not see if their post nets a $100 per post spew or even more. So that they are paid thousand dollars a day, leaving the poor college professor who actually does teach math and physics, with a hundred dollars a day.
>
> We need an investigative journalist to find out if the corrupt Kibo and Dan sought for the NSF to extract this lavish lifestyle career, or whether NSF sought for someone to stalk as a career.
>

> y z
> | /
> | /
> |/______ x
>
> More people reading and viewing AP's newsgroup than viewing sci.math, sci.physics. So AP has decided to put all NEW WORK, to his newsgroup. And there is little wonder because in AP's newsgroups, there is only solid pure science going on, not a gang of hate spewing misfits blighting the skies.
>
> In sci.math, sci.physics there is only stalking hate spew along with Police Drag Net Spam of no value and other than hate spew there is Police drag net spam day and night.
>
> I re-opened the old newsgroup PAU of 1990s and there one can read my recent posts without the hassle of stalkers and spammers, Police Drag Net Spam that floods each and every day, book and solution manual spammers, off-topic-misfits, front-page-hogs, churning imbeciles, stalking mockers, suppression-bullies, and demonizers. And the taxpayer funded hate spew stalkers who ad hominem you day and night on every one of your posts.
>
> There is no discussion of science in sci.math or sci.physics, just one long line of hate spewing stalkers followed up with Police Drag Net Spam (easy to spot-- very offtopic-- with hate charged content). And countries using sci.physics & sci.math as propaganda platforms, such as tampering in elections with their mind-rot.
>
> Read my recent posts in peace and quiet.

Michael Moroney

Sep 24, 2021, 12:45:22 PM9/24/21
🐸 of Math and 🐢 of Physics Archimedes "Meckling Village Idiot"
Plutonium <plutonium....@gmail.com> fails at math and science:
> John's problem is that he is a calculator brain, not a science theory brain. John does not have a logical mind to be in physics or math. As a teacher, John can regurgitate what the books say, but as for outside the box, John fails. Why, John fails science and math so badly that when it was shown to him that you simply drop a Kerr or Mason lid inside a rolled up paper cone the slant cut is a Oval in cone, never the ellipse. And what was John's reaction to this advice? Of course, the failure that John is with no logical brains, was to try and attempt to change the definition of ellipse to be that of the oval. Failures and losers of math and physics always want to discredit with ad hominem their opponents rather than accept the truth and reality of physics and math. And this can also be seen by failures wanting to ad hominem and do people talk-- more than roll up their sleeves and do actual physics and math-- witness: John makes a "crackpot measuring index".
>
> John, why not accept the truth that a slant cut in cone is Oval, never a ellipse, or stay the mindless childish fool you are.

John who?

> On Tuesday, January 4, 1994 at 4:29:34 PM UTC-6, john baez wrote:
>> This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 28)
>> John Baez

Oh, John Baez? Responding to a post nearly 3 decades old?

> Yes, more people reading AP because John Baez and his troop of run and hide con artists of math of Andrew Wiles, Terence Tao, John Stillwell, Thomas Hales, Jill Pipher, Ken Ribet are at the con art fakery of math, not the truth of mathematics with their:

Who is running and hiding? Nobody!

> a) refusal to acknowledge calculus is geometry

Why would they acknowledge something that no mathematician claims and
they probably never even heard of?

> b) Oval is the slant cut in single cone, never ellipse

Why would they ignore mathematical proofs showing it to be an ellipse
since Greek times?

> c) Boole got all 4 of his connectors truth table wrong, worst being AND at TFFF when it truly is TTTF so we do not end up with 2 OR 1=3 with AND as subtraction

Why would anyone believe such stupid nonsense?

> d) Natural Logarithm with base 2.71... has nothing to do with Y = 1/x for the Ln(1.00005) equals exactly 0.00005.

Because it doesn't exactly equal that. It is only an approximation
which is good when x is close to 0.

> And this fallacy of "coming close but no relationship"

A Taylor Series expansion shows why it's close when near 0.

> So, failures of mathematics, Andrew Wiles, Terence Tao, Thomas Hales, Jill Pipher, John Stillwell, Ken Ribet, run , run, and hide for you cannot do proper correct math and only can do run and hide.

Where is your evidence anyone is running and hiding? Besides, all of
those people are geniuses of math, something you can never be.

> 1> More people reading AP's newsgroup than sci.math for math science.
> 2> https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe

Your evidence for this is...? I won't hold my breath waiting...

Paul Alsing

Sep 24, 2021, 2:24:36 PM9/24/21
On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 10:19:12 AM UTC-7, plutonium....@gmail.com wrote:

> Oval is the slant cut in single cone, never ellipse ...

An ellipse always has two axes of reflection; an oval has one or more. If an oval has 2, then it is also an ellipse.

You can call a slant cut in a cone either one because both are correct.

Archimedes Plutonium

Sep 24, 2021, 3:41:01 PM9/24/21
A cone can never give a 2 axes symmetry figure at slant cut, DO THE EXPERIMENT and see for yourself, loud mouth jackarse, who never did a math proof in his entire life as seen by his above rebuff. Pnal has no logic brains for he reads on Wikipedia that a oval has one or more and then the imbecile thinks it applies to a cone.

Do the experiment you jackarse of reasoning. High School students can do the experiment but not the jackarse Pnal, and his degree should be taken away from Pnal from his above mindless denial.

3rd published book

AP's Proof-Ellipse was never a Conic Section // Math proof series, book 1 Kindle Edition
by Archimedes Plutonium (Author)

Ever since Ancient Greek Times it was thought the slant cut into a cone is the ellipse. That was false. For the slant cut in every cone is a Oval, never an Ellipse. This book is a proof that the slant cut is a oval, never the ellipse. A slant cut into the Cylinder is in fact a ellipse, but never in a cone.

Length: 21 pages

File Size: 1620 KB
Print Length: 21 pages
Publication Date: March 11, 2019
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Language: English
ASIN: B07PLSDQWC
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
Word Wise: Not Enabled
Lending: Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled

#8-2, 11th published book

World's First Geometry Proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus// Math proof series, book 2 Kindle Edition
by Archimedes Plutonium (Author)

Last revision was 19May2021. This is AP's 11th published book of science.
Preface:
Actually my title is too modest, for the proof that lies within this book makes it the World's First Valid Proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, for in my modesty, I just wanted to emphasis that calculus was geometry and needed a geometry proof. Not being modest, there has never been a valid proof of FTC until AP's 2015 proof. This also implies that only a geometry proof of FTC constitutes a valid proof of FTC.

Calculus needs a geometry proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. But none could ever be obtained in Old Math so long as they had a huge mass of mistakes, errors, fakes and con-artist trickery such as the "limit analysis". To give a Geometry Proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus requires math be cleaned-up and cleaned-out of most of math's mistakes and errors. So in a sense, a Geometry FTC proof is a exercise in Consistency of all of Mathematics. In order to prove a FTC geometry proof, requires throwing out the error filled mess of Old Math. Can the Reals be the true numbers of mathematics if the Reals cannot deliver a Geometry proof of FTC? Can the functions that are not polynomial functions allow us to give a Geometry proof of FTC? Can a Coordinate System in 2D have 4 quadrants and still give a Geometry proof of FTC? Can a equation of mathematics with a number that is _not a positive decimal Grid Number_ all alone on the right side of the equation, at all times, allow us to give a Geometry proof of the FTC?

Cover Picture: Is my hand written, one page geometry proof of the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, the world's first geometry proof of FTC, 2013-2015, by AP.

Length: 137 pages

Product details
ASIN : B07PQTNHMY
Publication date : March 14, 2019
Language : English
File size : 1307 KB
Text-to-Speech : Enabled
Screen Reader : Supported
Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
Word Wise : Not Enabled
Print length : 137 pages
Lending : Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #128,729 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#2 in 45-Minute Science & Math Short Reads
#134 in Calculus (Books)
#20 in Calculus (Kindle Store)