The adventure of physics - new book edition for free download

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Christoph Schiller

unread,
Jan 8, 2007, 5:02:55 PM1/8/07
to

I have put the new, twentieth edition of my freely
downloadable physics textbook in pdf form on

http://www.motionmountain.eu

Over 1380 pages lead through the whole of physics, from
mechanics to relativity, electrodynamics, thermodynamics,
quantum theory, nuclear physics and unification. Many
explanations across the text have been improved, often
triggered by the input of readers across the internet.
Thank you to all of them.

The twentieth edition now contains a dozen animations
and films: generation and motion of electromagnetic waves,
leap-frogging vortex rings, jumping snakes, the propagation
of solitons and dromions, growing ice crystals,
rotating atomic orbitals, the actin-myosin system
in muscles in action, and Dirac's belt trick.

The twentieth edition also introduces robots that walk on
water, explains how to observe the polarization of light with
the unaided human eye (in the same way as honey bees do),
includes a clearer explanation of the curl of a function,
introduces dromions and the challenge to observe them in
everyday life, shows how to produce floating plasma clouds
similar to ball lighting, improves the explanation of quantum
mechanics, tells more about the Galilean satellites, tells
how to compare the density of the Moon and the Sun by looking
at the sea, mentions the world records for running backwards
and the attempts to break the speed sailing record, tells in
more detail how to learn from books with as little effort as
possible, includes thermographic images, shows a photograph
of each element, explains more clearly the generation of
electromagnetic radiation, presents the polarized car
headlight problem, and includes many new puzzles.

Enjoy the reading!

Christoph Schiller

Sam Wormley

unread,
Jan 8, 2007, 5:04:48 PM1/8/07
to


THANK YOU!
-Sam

Manuel

unread,
Jan 8, 2007, 5:21:29 PM1/8/07
to
are there pictures with ufos?

Dirk Van de moortel

unread,
Jan 8, 2007, 5:35:43 PM1/8/07
to

"Manuel" <iyt...@execs.com> wrote in message news:1168294889.1...@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

> are there pictures with ufos?

No picture, but an honourable mention on page 683:
| "However, a 'good' lie is always well prepared and told
| on purpose; accidental lies are frowned upon by experts.
| Examples of good lies in science are 'aether', 'UFOs',
| 'creation science', or 'cold fusion'. Sometimes it took
| many decades to detect the lies in these domains."

Dirk Vdm

Autymn D. C.

unread,
Jan 10, 2007, 4:32:43 PM1/10/07
to
The Planck forms have nothing to do with extrema; they are resonant
solutions to the hièrarky problem. The Planck length is at which two
masses bear a gravital potential equal to their elèctric wavelength,
yet the two forces are still independent. Matter can bound smaller
lengths with more mass; it would only show as anharmònics and
harmònics for liht. The same for your "greatest force"
cccc/4G--where'd you get the /4?--there can be greatter forces with
more mass; one would put n or k before the ratio.

The forbidder of static levitation for charges, Earnshaw's thèorem and
the like, is rather circular. The gist: Levitation has no net forces;
net charges take and make forces; therefore, charges cannot be
levitated. But the proof is masked in a drouht of qualifiers. Dia-
solutions are spatially-variant fields; contact forces are one. Thus,
make a new, invisibil surface that is sufficiently "neutral" to float
the UFO. Ion winds wray to depolarise its medium.

I laid some problems that raise doubts about the existence of black
holes:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.particle/browse_frm/thread/fe2db0b69e0dc4b2/764c1154d6aedd75?#764c1154d6aedd75.
What the heavier collapsars become is a relativistic [lepto]quark
condensat.

-Aut

Manuel

unread,
Jan 10, 2007, 4:44:36 PM1/10/07
to

dear sire

i see you contributed, which pages, maybe i you are not even wrong

Manuel

unread,
Jan 10, 2007, 4:48:33 PM1/10/07
to

Autymn D. C. wrote:

i don knoe, but the books seems crap

he use tens of pages on nonesese, then consequently jump over
stuff that needs explanation

Dirk Van de moortel

unread,
Jan 10, 2007, 4:49:55 PM1/10/07
to

"Manuel" <iyt...@execs.com> wrote in message news:1168465476.0...@77g2000hsv.googlegroups.com...

>
> Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
>
>> "Manuel" <iyt...@execs.com> wrote in message news:1168294889.1...@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
>> > are there pictures with ufos?
>>
>> No picture, but an honourable mention on page 683:
>> | "However, a 'good' lie is always well prepared and told
>> | on purpose; accidental lies are frowned upon by experts.
>> | Examples of good lies in science are 'aether', 'UFOs',
>> | 'creation science', or 'cold fusion'. Sometimes it took
>> | many decades to detect the lies in these domains."
>>
>> Dirk Vdm
>
> dear sire

You can stop bowing now.

>
> i see you contributed, which pages, maybe i you are not even wrong

By not providing pictures of ufos, I effectively contributed
to all pages.

Dirk Vdm

e-Manuel

unread,
Jan 10, 2007, 5:02:11 PM1/10/07
to

Dirk Van de moortel wrote:

> "Manuel" <iyt...@execs.com> wrote in message news:1168465476.0...@77g2000hsv.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
> >
> >> "Manuel" <iyt...@execs.com> wrote in message news:1168294889.1...@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
> >> > are there pictures with ufos?
> >>
> >> No picture, but an honourable mention on page 683:
> >> | "However, a 'good' lie is always well prepared and told
> >> | on purpose; accidental lies are frowned upon by experts.
> >> | Examples of good lies in science are 'aether', 'UFOs',
> >> | 'creation science', or 'cold fusion'. Sometimes it took
> >> | many decades to detect the lies in these domains."
> >>
> >> Dirk Vdm
> >
> > dear sire
>
> You can stop bowing now.
>
> >
> > i see you contributed, which pages, maybe i you are not even wrong
>
> By not providing pictures of ufos, I effectively contributed
> to all pages.
>
> Dirk Vdm

dear sire

ufos are real

what, you never seen an ufo?

wrong, you did saw blinking airplains when dark,
they were ufos in disguise

disguising as blinking airplains is piece of cake for ufos

Dirk Van de moortel

unread,
Jan 10, 2007, 5:11:42 PM1/10/07
to

"e-Manuel" <iyt...@execs.com> wrote in message news:1168466531.7...@i39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

| "Unfortunately I got stuck on the Earth for rather longer than
| I intended," said Ford. "I came for a week and got stuck for
| for fifteen years."
| "But how did you get there in the first place then?"
| "Easy, I got a lift with a teaser."
| "A teaser?"
| "Yeah."
| "Er, what is..."
| "A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do.
| They cruise around looking for planets which haven't made
| interstellar contact yet and buzz them."
| "Buzz them?" Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying
| making life difficult for him.
| "Yeah", said Ford, "they buzz them. They find some isolated
| spot with very few people around, then land right by some
| poor soul whom no one's ever going to believe and then strut
| up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their
| heads and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really."
| Ford leant back on the mattress with his hands behind his
| head and looked infuriatingly pleased with himself.

Douglas Adams - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Dirk Vdm

Sam Wormley

unread,
Jan 10, 2007, 5:12:29 PM1/10/07
to

I'm must inform you, iyt...@execs.com, that because of the polluting
nature of your posts, into my plonker you go......

*Plonk*

æther

unread,
Jan 10, 2007, 5:36:05 PM1/10/07
to

Sam Wormley wrote:

i guess when your mommy tells you to vacum your
room, you plonk her too

the pollution in that book seems to be real, fool

alg_p_phy

unread,
Jan 19, 2007, 3:20:52 PM1/19/07
to

thank you
Mr Christoph Schiller

J Thomas

unread,
Jan 19, 2007, 8:26:35 PM1/19/07
to

æther wrote:

> the pollution in that book seems to be real, fool

Is it worth your while to give the author some examples and an
indication how he can clean them up, or is it not worth the effort?

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages