Amazon Fresh is as dry as a bone.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Sep 14, 2021, 10:44:02 PM9/14/21
To lower my sugar/chocolate consumption, I now eat:

-- Cheese sticks.

-- Hummus, guacamole, tomatoes, bananas, potato salad

-- Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares ( Nature Valley )

-- " GoGo squeeZ ( Fruit on the Go ) ".

I buy gallon bottles of water, mostly "Alkaline 88"
because the cheaper brands are sold out on Amazon Fresh,
each and every month !

Clutterfreak

Sep 15, 2021, 12:15:53 AM9/15/21
On 9/14/2021 9:43 PM, Jeff-Relf.Me@. wrote:
> To lower my sugar/chocolate consumption

You never reached 18. Only babies and teenagers under 18 don’t drink coffee.

In my high school teaching times the rule was we forbade students from
drinking coffee. Coke was accepted. Coffee was considered drugs for them.

If Caffeine is not good for you, you’re still under 18. No wonder that
19 year old woman could grab and handle 5 fat asses (yours and four more
like yours) with one hand.

RabidHussar

Sep 15, 2021, 7:54:44 AM9/15/21
On 2021-09-14 10:43 p.m., Jeff-Relf.Me@. wrote:
> To lower my sugar/chocolate consumption, I now eat:
>
> -- Cheese sticks.

I can't think of anything healthier.

> -- Hummus, guacamole, tomatoes, bananas, potato salad
>
> -- Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares ( Nature Valley )
>
> -- " GoGo squeeZ ( Fruit on the Go ) ".

My 16-month-old also loves these.

> I buy gallon bottles of water, mostly "Alkaline 88"
> because the cheaper brands are sold out on Amazon Fresh,
> each and every month !

Alkaline 88 is probably better for you down the line as well since it
will counteract the effects of all of the other food. You want your body
to be as base as possible and that water will help.

--
@RabidHussar

RabidHussar

Sep 15, 2021, 8:00:19 AM9/15/21
On 2021-09-15 12:15 a.m., Clutterfreak wrote:
> On 9/14/2021 9:43 PM, Jeff-Relf.Me@. wrote:
>> To lower my sugar/chocolate consumption
>

> You never reached 18. Only babies and teenagers under 18 don’t drink
> coffee.
>
> In my high school teaching times the rule was we forbade students from
> drinking coffee. Coke was accepted. Coffee was considered drugs for them.
>
> If Caffeine is not good for you, you’re still under 18. No wonder that
> 19 year old woman could grab and handle 5 fat asses (yours and four more
> like yours) with one hand.

My parents gave me coffee for breakfast for as long as I can remember. I
would imagine that my first morning cup was at the age of 4 or 5. It was
and still isn't a big deal and it's not like we got addicted or
anything. If anything, it gave me an advantage in class.

--
@RabidHussar

rbowman

Sep 15, 2021, 10:01:41 AM9/15/21
I was a fat kid and part of my mother's diet plan was giving me coffee
instead of milk. My father took his black so I did likewise. It was A&P
Bokar prepared in a percolator. The Eight O'Clock and Red Circle brands
were a little cheaper but we never scrimped on the coffee.

I think it was a Heinlein story where the protagonist explained he
didn't drink or smoke anymore so all his satisfaction came from good coffee.

At work I make a pot from freshly ground beans every morning. We used to
have a coffee club but the rest of the club hasn't been on the premises
since March of 2020 so it's mine, all mine.

RabidHussar

Sep 15, 2021, 10:11:59 AM9/15/21
On 2021-09-15 10:01 a.m., rbowman wrote:
> On 09/15/2021 06:00 AM, RabidHussar wrote:
>>>

>>> You never reached 18. Only babies and teenagers under 18 don’t drink
>>> coffee.
>>>
>>> In my high school teaching times the rule was we forbade students from
>>> drinking coffee. Coke was accepted. Coffee was considered drugs for
>>> them.
>>>
>>> If Caffeine is not good for you, you’re still under 18. No wonder that
>>> 19 year old woman could grab and handle 5 fat asses (yours and four
>>> more like yours) with one hand.
>>
>> My parents gave me coffee for breakfast for as long as I can remember. I
>> would imagine that my first morning cup was at the age of 4 or 5. It was
>> and still isn't a big deal and it's not like we got addicted or
>> anything. If anything, it gave me an advantage in class.
>>

> I was a fat kid and part of my mother's diet plan was giving me coffee
> instead of milk. My father took his black so I did likewise. It was A&P
> Bokar prepared in a percolator. The Eight O'Clock and Red Circle brands
> were a little cheaper but we never scrimped on the coffee.

I've never heard of those brands. We have just about everything here but
most people are content with their Tim Horton's brand because it truly
is perfect. What I had as a kid was the instant stuff which, admittedly,
wasn't detestable.

> I think it was a Heinlein story where the protagonist explained he
> didn't drink or smoke anymore so all his satisfaction came from good
> coffee.
>
> At work I make a pot from freshly ground beans every morning. We used to
> have a coffee club but the rest of the club hasn't been on the premises
> since March of 2020 so it's mine, all mine.

I'd bring a coffee machine and pods here at work but won't bother
because teachers, especially the women, are selfish beasts who would act
as though the machine is theirs and take your pods without compensating
you in any way. I'd leave it at my desk but with all of the other crap I
have there, there is truly no room. Besides, it might encourage people
to talk to me and I don't want that.

--
@RabidHussar

Clutterfreak

Sep 15, 2021, 11:04:53 AM9/15/21
On 9/15/2021 9:01 AM, rbowman wrote:
> It was A&P Bokar prepared in a percolator.

Boiling destroys most of the caffeine. You were drinking coffee
taste-alike.

chrisv

Sep 15, 2021, 11:20:11 AM9/15/21
Clutterfreak wrote:

>In my high school teaching times the rule was we forbade students from
>drinking coffee. Coke was accepted. Coffee was considered drugs for them.

Boy, there was some "clear thinking", eh? "Sugar pop OK", when it's
maybe the worst *possible* thing that can be consumed.

To this day, we have millions, if not billions, of people who are
fooled by the marketing of "non fat" foods. Too stupid to have
figured-out that the fat that gets taken out is a lot better for you
than the sugar that is added to compensate.

--
"I notice a recurring theme in your posts: everybody is an immoral
asshole but you." - "Slimer", lying shamelessly

Clutterfreak

Sep 15, 2021, 11:38:33 AM9/15/21
Depends whether it was drip coffee or boil brewed. Boil brewed coffee
almost has no caffeine left. Europeans during percolator heyday in USA
ridiculed Americans for it (check with Erich Maria Remark’s works other
than “No News On Western Front”). And coffee price in USA stayed subdued
and pretty low as long as percolators were common. As soon as drip
coffee took over coffee price started to rapidly go up! That’s when
Americans experienced real coffee and Jeff started to get jitters.

Jim Pennino

Sep 15, 2021, 12:01:09 PM9/15/21
In sci.physics Clutterfreak <clutterfre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/15/2021 9:01 AM, rbowman wrote:
>> It was A&P Bokar prepared in a percolator.
>

> Boiling destroys most of the caffeine.

Yeah, if you are boiling it at well over 400 F, which is a bit hard to
do at less than 20 bar.

Clutterfreak

Sep 15, 2021, 1:06:50 PM9/15/21
On 9/15/2021 10:20 AM, chrisv wrote:
> Boy, there was some "clear thinking", eh? "Sugar pop OK", when it's
> maybe the worst *possible* thing that can be consumed.

We had difficulty controlling ADHD kids after they’d drink a coke. But
in those days their numbers were much lower percentage wise, like just
one or two in a class of 25. So sugar was considered food and caffeine a
drug and coke didn’t have much caffeine.

Later on my colleagues who’d stayed in those jobs would tell me their
percentages had grown exponentially and by around 2006 the ADHD kids
were more than half the class - in any class.

The affected kids were always either Cro-Magnon or Black or mixed
Cro-magnon-Black. Never Hispanics, East Asians, Indians, etc whose
numbers in each class had also risen exponentially.

I have since suspected controlled dysgenics to be the reason behind it.

rbowman

Sep 15, 2021, 10:48:58 PM9/15/21
On 09/15/2021 08:11 AM, RabidHussar wrote:
> I've never heard of those brands. We have just about everything here but
> most people are content with their Tim Horton's brand because it truly
> is perfect. What I had as a kid was the instant stuff which, admittedly,
> wasn't detestable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26P

They were A&P house brands. My mother shopped at the A&P even though
there were closer store. It was a Friday night operation. The Montgomery
Ward regional store was down the road and we would often go there too.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Montgomery-Ward-s-colossal-former-home-in-Menands-16077733.php

There were plenty of attractions since they had farm stuff like saddles
and bridles, chicks and ducklings in season, and the like in the farm
building. Generally there was a guy doing Shopsmith demos on the second
floor, and plenty of rifles and shotguns over in sporting goods when he
took a break. My mother would wander off to ladies lingerie or wherever
she went and we'd meet up later.

Monkey Wards was a catalog operation but being as that was the
distribution warehouse you could phone in an order from the catalog and
go down to pick it up in a couple of hours. Sometimes you got what you
ordered, sometimes you got something better than you ordered.

Many of the catalog items were ranked good, better, and best. Unlike
Walmart if you wanted to but the cheap stuff you knew what you were getting.

rbowman

Sep 15, 2021, 11:00:29 PM9/15/21
On 09/15/2021 09:04 AM, Clutterfreak wrote:
> On 9/15/2021 9:01 AM, rbowman wrote:
>> It was A&P Bokar prepared in a percolator.
>

> Boiling destroys most of the caffeine. You were drinking coffee
> taste-alike.

https://bybloscoffee.com/percolator-coffee-vs-drip/

"Yes, a coffee drink brewed with a percolator coffee pot will have a
higher caffeine content than a brew made with a drip coffee maker – even
if they used the same amount of coffee and water for the brewing process.

The reason why percolator coffee contains more nicotine is that the
extraction process is repeated numerous times as water runs over the
coffee ground. This guarantees maximum extraction so you get the full
flavor and full caffeine content of any amount of coffee. On the other
hand, drip coffee is extracted once."

The guy gets his drugs confused in the second paragraph but I read it on
the internet so it must be true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_percolator

"As the brew continually seeps through the grounds, the overall
temperature of the liquid approaches boiling point, at which stage the
"perking" action (the characteristic spurting sound the pot makes)
stops, and the coffee is ready for drinking."

It doesn't boil unless you're asleep at the switch.

rbowman

Sep 15, 2021, 11:05:56 PM9/15/21
On 09/15/2021 09:20 AM, chrisv wrote:
> Clutterfreak wrote:
>
>> In my high school teaching times the rule was we forbade students from
>> drinking coffee. Coke was accepted. Coffee was considered drugs for them.
>
> Boy, there was some "clear thinking", eh? "Sugar pop OK", when it's
> maybe the worst *possible* thing that can be consumed.
>
> To this day, we have millions, if not billions, of people who are
> fooled by the marketing of "non fat" foods. Too stupid to have
> figured-out that the fat that gets taken out is a lot better for you
> than the sugar that is added to compensate.

The one I love are the sprays that have 0 fat per serving, a serving
being defined as such a minute amount that the the fat falls below the
reporting level. The suckers love their canola oil in a spray can though.

I've got a Misto I use for some things but I know what I pour into it
isn't rapeseed oil from genetically altered crops.

http://misto.com/

rbowman

Sep 15, 2021, 11:11:45 PM9/15/21
On 09/15/2021 11:06 AM, Clutterfreak wrote:
> On 9/15/2021 10:20 AM, chrisv wrote:
>> Boy, there was some "clear thinking", eh? "Sugar pop OK", when it's
>> maybe the worst *possible* thing that can be consumed.
>
> We had difficulty controlling ADHD kids after they’d drink a coke. But
> in those days their numbers were much lower percentage wise, like just
> one or two in a class of 25. So sugar was considered food and caffeine a
> drug and coke didn’t have much caffeine.
>
> Later on my colleagues who’d stayed in those jobs would tell me their
> percentages had grown exponentially and by around 2006 the ADHD kids
> were more than half the class - in any class.
>
> The affected kids were always either Cro-Magnon or Black or mixed
> Cro-magnon-Black. Never Hispanics, East Asians, Indians, etc whose
> numbers in each class had also risen exponentially.
>
> I have since suspected controlled dysgenics to be the reason behind it.

Way back in the day my family doctor handed out Biphetamine 20's like
jellybeans. That was the good stuff. Then they cracked down on benny
prescriptions.

Years later I find that half of the school kids are chewing Adderall
which as far as I can tell is the same damn thing.

whodat

Sep 15, 2021, 11:34:14 PM9/15/21
For me the sprayer would be overkill. I just dump evoo on my food and
make no attempt to minimize the usage. WTF, I'm 81 yo already and as
a good friend at age 100 said, while refusing prostate surgery,
something is going to get me but I'll enjoy life so long as it lets me.

After a lifetime of what I am now told was abusing my body I don't
think a little extra olive oil will have any effect. Things take on
a different context once you become a geriatric.

For those who are younger and like nice things, go for it. If I were
40 instead of 81, I would definitely buy it. But as things are, I am
working hard at downsizing. It is surprizing how many wonderful things I
haven't used in the past 10-15 years.

Clutterfreak

Sep 16, 2021, 2:41:17 AM9/16/21
Hate to resort to wikipedia but even data in there about caffeine
content gives some clue:

percolated coffee: 386 - 652 mg/L
drip coffee: 555 - 845 mg/L

And I don’t even trust wikipedia for anything. My knowledge of caffeine
getting destroyed by boiling comes from physicians as well as traditions
that are tested for hundreds of years.

In Iran most people are tea drinkers, and they all take pains _not_ to
let the tea pot boil cause it ruins the tea effect. Water boils and they
turn off the heat, then they wait like three minutes after boiling has
completely stopped, then they pour the hot water on loose tea and wait
another 15 or 20 minutes. This preserves the effect of tea.

Also physicians here that sometimes prescribe green tea warn you not to
pour boiling water on top of green tea as it would destroy the caffeine.

And of course I remember the words of Erich Maria Remarque, “Americans
boil their coffee do death.”

Clutterfreak

Sep 16, 2021, 4:20:29 AM9/16/21
I just checked my CRC for physics and chemistry. It says caffeine will
sublimate at temperatures above 90 degrees celsius! So it may be the
evaporation of the caffeine at boiling temperatures that reduces its
content in tea or coffee when brewed at 100 degree celsius (boiling),
and not the break up of the molecules. So it makes sense cause the 3 or
so minutes that people wait after boiling has stopped would probably
bring the temperature of water below 90 degrees C and caffeine
sublimation won’t take place anymore. It’ll all stay in the drink.

chrisv

Sep 16, 2021, 9:01:23 AM9/16/21
rbowman wrote:

>The one I love are the sprays that have 0 fat per serving, a serving
>being defined as such a minute amount that the the fat falls below the
>reporting level. The suckers love their canola oil in a spray can though

I use that stuff, but I'm well-aware that it's just vegetable oil.
It's a convenient way to get a thin film of oil.

I'm not afraid of a little oil. I was deep-frying fish at home years
before (some) people started to catch-on to the fact that fat isn't
that bad, and it's the fscking carbs that should be limited.

I mean, how many decades need to go by, with "low fat" foods
everywhere while the population continues to get more obese, before
people figure it out?

Not that I recommend greasy burgers and fries, but if one does
occasionally partake, consider skipping the sugar pop!

--
"And now they even admit it's worthless against the new variants of
Covid." - RonB, lying shamelessly

rbowman

Sep 16, 2021, 10:03:15 AM9/16/21
On 09/16/2021 07:01 AM, chrisv wrote:
> Not that I recommend greasy burgers and fries, but if one does
> occasionally partake, consider skipping the sugar pop!

I just finished breakfast. 1 slice of thick cut bacon, 1 jalapeno, 1
large clove of garlic, 1/2 an onion, 2 eggs, and 1 slice of Swiss
cheese. I'm agonna die!

I do avoid most commercial oils and use extra virgin olive oil. I used
to use 'heart healthy' canola about 20 years ago. Then one day I took
the cap of the bottle and thought 'This smells just like the boiled
linseed oil I was using on the ax haft yesterday.'

RabidHussar

Sep 16, 2021, 11:10:09 AM9/16/21
I've cheaped out on coffee by buying Folgers and regretted it immensely.
That is some of the worst coffee I've tasted since Kicking Horse which
is by far the worst thing I've ever tasted pretending to be coffee.

--
@RabidHussar

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Sep 16, 2021, 7:00:14 PM9/16/21
Clutterfreak wrote:

> On 9/14/2021 9:43 PM, Jeff-Relf.Me@. wrote:
>> To lower my sugar/chocolate consumption
>
> You never reached 18. Only babies and teenagers under 18 don’t drink
> coffee.

So I am a baby or a teenager under 18, and the previous 43 years of my life
have been a lie. How good that I had you to tell me this, I would not have
noticed at all :->

Let me guess: You are a teenager under 18, yes? At least your brain implant
still is. Must have been all that coffee.

PointedEars
--
Q: Where are offenders sentenced for light crimes?
A: To a prism.

(from: WolframAlpha)

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Sep 16, 2021, 7:03:19 PM9/16/21
RabidHussar wrote:

> My parents gave me coffee for breakfast for as long as I can remember.

OK, that explains why you are amok-crossposting nonsense under pseudonym.
You are excused.

PointedEars
--
“Science is empirical: knowing the answer means nothing;
testing your knowledge means everything.”

Clutterfreak

Sep 16, 2021, 8:20:08 PM9/16/21
On 9/16/2021 6:00 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> So I am a baby or a teenager under 18, and the previous 43 years of my life
> have been a lie.

If chocolate gives you jitters, yes.

You live in USA I suppose; thereupon, previous 43 years of your life
may’ve been a lie regardless :)

rbowman

Sep 16, 2021, 11:02:05 PM9/16/21
I haven't bought can coffee in years but I used to like, or at least
tolerate, MJB or Chock Full O' Nuts.

I've only had Starbucks once when my brother took me to breakfast using
a gift card he'd gotten. I lived.

What spoiled me was a load of Millstone that I carried. I picked up the
beans at the Everett plant and delivered them to distributors throughout
the Midwest. I'd drop a pallet or two and load displays, grinders, or
other stuff going back to Everett. Just walking past the trailer was
good for a buzz but all the distributors had a pot on and would keep my
mug filled as they unloaded their stuff.

The trip back wasn't as good but it was memorable. Thanksgiving 1990 was
when the floating bridge across Lake Washington sank. I was going up 405
and didn't care but a lot of people coming back from their Thanksgiving
were coming down the hill thinking 'What the hell do we do now?'

Like all good things, Millstone sold out to P&G and the Everett plant
was shut down. I don't know if the brand is still around. In 1990 there
wasn't a roaster on every other block so it was a treat.

I've even roasted my own from Sweet Maria's green beans. The neighbors
confirm their suspicions that I'm crazy when I stand out in the snow
roasting coffee over a Coleman gas stove. If you've ever roasted coffee
it isn't something you want to do in the house.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Sep 16, 2021, 11:26:23 PM9/16/21
I'm not Tyrone Biggums;
Chocolate & too much sugar lowers my comfort level, that's all.

" Tyrone Biggums " -- Dave Chappelle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3wTulizvg

RabidHussar

Sep 17, 2021, 7:44:11 AM9/17/21
That's about as good of a review as a Starbucks coffee can get.

> What spoiled me was a load of Millstone that I carried. I picked up the
> beans at the Everett plant and delivered them to distributors throughout
> the Midwest. I'd drop a pallet or two and load displays, grinders, or
> other stuff going back to Everett. Just walking past the trailer was
> good for a buzz but all the distributors had a pot on and would keep my
> mug filled as they unloaded their stuff.
>
> The trip back wasn't as good but it was memorable. Thanksgiving 1990 was
> when the floating bridge across Lake Washington sank. I was going up 405
> and didn't care but a lot of people coming back from their Thanksgiving
> were coming down the hill thinking 'What the hell do we do now?'
>
> Like all good things, Millstone sold out to P&G and the Everett plant
> was shut down. I don't know if the brand is still around.  In 1990 there
> wasn't a roaster on every other block so it was a treat.
>
> I've even roasted my own from Sweet Maria's green beans. The neighbors
> confirm their suspicions that I'm crazy when I stand out in the snow
> roasting coffee over a Coleman gas stove. If you've ever roasted coffee
> it isn't something you want to do in the house.

I would agree with that but I imagine that it smells great if you do so.

--
@RabidHussar

rbowman

Sep 17, 2021, 10:17:00 AM9/17/21
On 09/17/2021 05:44 AM, RabidHussar wrote:

>> I've even roasted my own from Sweet Maria's green beans. The neighbors
>> confirm their suspicions that I'm crazy when I stand out in the snow
>> roasting coffee over a Coleman gas stove. If you've ever roasted
>> coffee it isn't something you want to do in the house.
>
> I would agree with that but I imagine that it smells great if you do so.

Not so much... Remember your starting with green beans so for the few
minutes it smells like your grilling compost. You're also driving out a
lot of water. Finally you get to the stage where the beans start to
crack and it starts to smell edible. There's a lot of chaff produced. If
there is a slight breeze I separate it by pouring the beans from one
colander to another and letting it drift downwind.

There are counter top roasters that are supposed to work but they're
pricey.

https://www.sweetmarias.com/behmor-2000ab-plus-roaster.html

Supposedly that one isn't too smokey

https://www.sweetmarias.com/roasting/hottop-roaster-basic.html

but even that one says

"Yep, if you roast more coffee you are going to get more smoke. There's
no way around it. You are going to need ventilation, ideally by using it
under a kitchen vent hood or near an open window. "

If you look at the green beans selling for $7 a pound, don't forget all
the steam, smoke, and chaff. I never weighed it but a pound of green
beans is not a pound of roasted coffee.

A friend set up a little sandwich operation for a bar where the kitchen
was only open for the lunch crowd. Being cheap, he roasted his own beef
-- once. After he did the before and after weighing he found the roast
beef from a restaurant supply was a better deal. If you bought a 10
pound roast, you would get 40 1/4 pound sandwiches.

The guy was a real entrepreneur. He opened a pizza place and I stopped
by the night before it opened. He was sitting on the floor with a bottle
of beer in his hand and many more had preceded that one. 'I made a pizza
and it was so bad the dog wouldn't eat it. What am I going to do?' His
wife, who was an excellent cook, came to the rescue again.

RabidHussar

Sep 17, 2021, 10:30:06 AM9/17/21
I guess that had I grown up in a Communist state like my parents did,
I'd not only find it fun but less expensive to roast my own coffee.
However, price-wise, the work is not worth the effort and I'm better off
letting the professionals do it. It's quite amazing how autonomous
Communists are when the only other option is starvation.

> A friend set up a little sandwich operation for a bar where the kitchen
> was only open for the lunch crowd. Being cheap, he roasted his own beef
> -- once. After he did the before and after weighing he found the roast
> beef from a restaurant supply was a better deal. If you bought a 10
> pound roast, you would get 40 1/4 pound sandwiches.
>
> The guy was a real entrepreneur. He opened a pizza place and I stopped
> by the night before it opened. He was sitting on the floor with a bottle
> of beer in his hand and many more had preceded that one. 'I made a pizza
> and it was so bad the dog wouldn't eat it. What am I going to do?'  His
> wife, who was an excellent cook, came to the rescue again.

I can't imagine how one would screw up pizza; it's literally the easiest
thing to make. The difference in pizza places comes down to the sauce
and the quality of the crust. I notice that Americans chains use the
absolute worst wheat imaginable and therefore have terrible crust
whereas some of the smaller places have some of the most satisfying
breading I've ever tasted.

--
@RabidHussar

chrisv

Sep 17, 2021, 11:06:58 AM9/17/21
RabidHussar wrote:

>I can't imagine how one would screw up pizza; it's literally the easiest
>thing to make.

You say it yourself, below, "genius". It's easy to screw-up the
crust.

>The difference in pizza places comes down to the sauce
>and the quality of the crust. I notice that Americans chains use the
>absolute worst wheat imaginable and therefore have terrible crust
>whereas some of the smaller places have some of the most satisfying
>breading I've ever tasted.

I've about given-up on frozen pizza, because I can't get the crust
crispy without burning the top. I suppose I could try a pizza stone,
but I don't want to run the oven for an hour, either.

--
"getting COVID-19 is only dangerous if you're incredibly unhealthy."

Clutterfreak

Sep 17, 2021, 11:58:12 AM9/17/21
On 9/17/2021 10:06 AM, chrisv wrote:
> It's easy to screw-up the
> crust.

Good flour is like olive oil. It doesn’t really exist in USA anymore. It
is not a matter of paying more for the real thing. It just doesn’t exist.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Sep 17, 2021, 9:49:23 PM9/17/21
Clutterfreak amok-crossposted again:

> On 9/16/2021 6:00 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> So I am a baby or a teenager under 18, and the previous 43 years of my
>> life have been a lie.
>
> If chocolate gives you jitters, yes.

I don’t follow. Anyhow, I prefer tea over coffee, although I also like an
espresso now and then.

> You live in USA I suppose;

Guess again.

> thereupon, previous 43 years of your life may’ve been a lie regardless :)

I don’t follow.

JFYI: The point of my posting was to point out your arrogant presumptions.

PointedEars
--
«Nec fasces, nec opes, sola artis sceptra perennant.»
(“Neither high office nor power, only the scepters of science survive.”)

—Tycho Brahe, astronomer (1546-1601): inscription at Hven

rbowman

Sep 17, 2021, 10:51:27 PM9/17/21
You had to know Bob. He could screw up almost anything but he kept on
trying. Sober, he was a competent machinist but he had more brainstorms
than Wile E. Coyote.

rbowman

Sep 17, 2021, 10:52:35 PM9/17/21
On 09/17/2021 09:58 AM, Clutterfreak wrote:
> On 9/17/2021 10:06 AM, chrisv wrote:
>> It's easy to screw-up the
>> crust.
>

> Good flour is like olive oil. It doesn’t really exist in USA anymore. It
> is not a matter of paying more for the real thing. It just doesn’t exist.

nothing in the US is good enough for you.

rbowman

Sep 17, 2021, 11:05:23 PM9/17/21
On 09/17/2021 09:06 AM, chrisv wrote:
> RabidHussar wrote:
>
>> I can't imagine how one would screw up pizza; it's literally the easiest
>> thing to make.
>
> You say it yourself, below, "genius". It's easy to screw-up the
> crust.
>
>> The difference in pizza places comes down to the sauce
>> and the quality of the crust. I notice that Americans chains use the
>> absolute worst wheat imaginable and therefore have terrible crust
>> whereas some of the smaller places have some of the most satisfying
>> breading I've ever tasted.
>
> I've about given-up on frozen pizza, because I can't get the crust
> crispy without burning the top. I suppose I could try a pizza stone,
> but I don't want to run the oven for an hour, either.

When I was a kid pizza was something that came out of seedy Italian
taverns and the hamlet where we lived didn't have any seedy Italians.
Enter the Chef Boyardee pizza kit.

You might be able to get a credible result but -- It was a Saturday
night venture when my parents and aunt and uncle got together. By the
time the adults got hungry enough for a midnight snack a lot of beer
(for the men) or gin (for the women) had been consumed. The dough turned
out like some elastomer suitable for patching the leak in the ISS. The
first task was getting it stretched out to sort of fill the pan. Then
you had to pour the canned sauce on before it retracted to a little ball
and get it to the over, which someone may or may not have remembered to
preheat. Sometime later the prize would appear, maybe not too black
around the edges.

On alternate weeks we'd get together at my uncle's. He lived in the city
and there was a seedy Italian tavern on the corner. They'd phone it in
and give me a few bucks to go down and pick it up at the Ladies
Entrance. Much better.

chrisv

Sep 18, 2021, 5:57:00 AM9/18/21
rbowman wrote:

>When I was a kid pizza was something that came out of seedy Italian
>taverns and the hamlet where we lived didn't have any seedy Italians.
>Enter the Chef Boyardee pizza kit.
>
>(snip)

The Tombstones that got me through my teeage years were pretty good,
compared to that!

>On alternate weeks we'd get together at my uncle's. He lived in the city
>and there was a seedy Italian tavern on the corner. They'd phone it in
>and give me a few bucks to go down and pick it up at the Ladies
>Entrance. Much better.

Same darn good food - burgers, pizza, etc, comes out of some dive
bars...

--
"Yep, I've seen videos where the police were moving the gates and
waving the protesters in. Another bought and paid for riot by that

RabidHussar

Sep 18, 2021, 11:18:45 AM9/18/21
Did he have a bipolar personality, per chance?

--
@RabidHussar

rbowman

Sep 18, 2021, 3:08:39 PM9/18/21
On 09/18/2021 03:56 AM, chrisv wrote:
> rbowman wrote:
>
>> When I was a kid pizza was something that came out of seedy Italian
>> taverns and the hamlet where we lived didn't have any seedy Italians.
>> Enter the Chef Boyardee pizza kit.
>>
>> (snip)
>
> The Tombstones that got me through my teeage years were pretty good,
> compared to that!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/02/the-history-of-frozen-pizza-from-totinos-to-digiorno.html

Thanks to google for validating my memory. I couldn't remember frozen
pizza as an option when I was a kid. They were regional and not a
national commodity.

We'd watch TV programs that originated in California and wonder what a
taco was. There were also jokes about Knott's Berry Farm. I finally went
there to see what it was.

>> On alternate weeks we'd get together at my uncle's. He lived in the city
>> and there was a seedy Italian tavern on the corner. They'd phone it in
>> and give me a few bucks to go down and pick it up at the Ladies
>> Entrance. Much better.
>
> Same darn good food - burgers, pizza, etc, comes out of some dive
> bars...

What I miss are diners, particularly the ones that look like they should
be on wheels.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/why-do-diners-look-like-trains

I've never been able to replicate diner meatloaf. I probably don't put
enough oatmeal and floor sweepings in the mix. I can do diner rice
pudding though.

I like Edward Hopper. 'Nighthawks' and 'Early Sunday Morning' remind me
of the world that is gone forever. Applebee's just doesn't cut it.

rbowman

Sep 18, 2021, 3:30:00 PM9/18/21
I'm not a shrink, but I don't think so. I don't know if he's still
around but he would be in heaven in social media. He'd mastered the art
of getting two strangers in a bar arguing over something and quietly
slipping away after pouring some fuel on the fire. A true IRL troll.

Clutterfreak

Sep 18, 2021, 9:44:33 PM9/18/21
Perhaps you've been attributing it to having lost the senses to Covid,
but when was the last time you sniffed olive oil and it smelled like
olive oil? Or smelled like anything at all?

I haven't come across real olive oil since late 1990s :-(

rbowman

Sep 18, 2021, 10:47:05 PM9/18/21
On 09/18/2021 07:44 PM, Clutterfreak wrote:
> On 9/17/2021 9:52 PM, rbowman wrote:
>>>

>>> Good flour is like olive oil. It doesn’t really exist in USA anymore. It
>>> is not a matter of paying more for the real thing. It just doesn’t
>>> exist.
>>>

>> nothing in the US is good enough for you.
>

> Perhaps you've been attributing it to having lost the senses to Covid,
> but when was the last time you sniffed olive oil and it smelled like
> olive oil? Or smelled like anything at all?
>
> I haven't come across real olive oil since late 1990s :-(

This morning? It sure smelled like olive oil when I was heating it up in
the frying pan.

Clutterfreak

Sep 18, 2021, 11:03:57 PM9/18/21
If it required heating then it is suspect. Chicken also doesn't taste or
smell like chicken at all. But right before slaughtering them they're
fed with a chemical that spreads throughout their bodies and it is this
chemical that gives off a chicken-like odor as well as taste when heat
is applied. This was common practice in food industry in USA when I read
a book about it in early 1980s!

I've heard for bypassing laws manufacturers pour one tablespoon - ONE
TABLESPOON! - of real olive oil into a whole bottle of some other
vegetable oils so they could "legally" label the bottle as "olive oil"!

Clutterfreak

Sep 18, 2021, 11:36:23 PM9/18/21
On 9/17/2021 8:49 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> JFYI: The point of my posting was to point out your arrogant presumptions.

Those who get jitters from eating chocolate will also find Clutterfreak
arrogant. The two go hand in hand :)

Clutterfreak

Sep 19, 2021, 3:50:14 PM9/19/21
On 9/16/2021 3:20 AM, Clutterfreak wrote:
> On 9/16/2021 1:41 AM, Clutterfreak wrote:

>>> https://bybloscoffee.com/percolator-coffee-vs-drip/
>>>
>>> "Yes, a coffee drink brewed with a percolator coffee pot will have a
>>> higher caffeine content than a brew made with a drip coffee maker –
>>> even if they used the same amount of coffee and water for the brewing
>>> process.
>>>
>>> The reason why percolator coffee contains more nicotine is that the
>>> extraction process is repeated numerous times as water runs over the
>>> coffee ground. This guarantees maximum extraction so you get the full
>>> flavor and full caffeine content of any amount of coffee. On the
>>> other hand, drip coffee is extracted once."
>>>
>>> The guy gets his drugs confused in the second paragraph but I read it
>>> on the internet so it must be true.
>>>

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_percolator
>>>
>>> "As the brew continually seeps through the grounds, the overall
>>> temperature of the liquid approaches boiling point, at which stage
>>> the "perking" action (the characteristic spurting sound the pot
>>> makes) stops, and the coffee is ready for drinking."
>>>
>>> It doesn't boil unless you're asleep at the switch.
>>
>> Hate to resort to wikipedia but even data in there about caffeine
>> content gives some clue:
>>
>> percolated coffee: 386 - 652 mg/L
>> drip coffee:       555 - 845 mg/L
>>
>> And I don’t even trust wikipedia for anything. My knowledge of
>> caffeine getting destroyed by boiling comes from physicians as well as
>> traditions that are tested for hundreds of years.
>>
>> In Iran most people are tea drinkers, and they all take pains _not_ to
>> let the tea pot boil cause it ruins the tea effect. Water boils and
>> they turn off the heat, then they wait like three minutes after
>> boiling has completely stopped, then they pour the hot water on loose
>> tea and wait another 15 or 20 minutes. This preserves the effect of tea.
>>
>> Also physicians here that sometimes prescribe green tea warn you not
>> to pour boiling water on top of green tea as it would destroy the
>> caffeine.
>>
>> And of course I remember the words of Erich Maria Remarque, “Americans
>> boil their coffee do death.”
>>

> I just checked my CRC for physics and chemistry. It says caffeine will
> sublimate at temperatures above 90 degrees celsius! So it may be the
> evaporation of the caffeine at boiling temperatures that reduces its
> content in tea or coffee when brewed at 100 degree celsius (boiling),
> and not the break up of the molecules. So it makes sense cause the 3 or
> so minutes that people wait after boiling has stopped would probably
> bring the temperature of water below 90 degrees C and caffeine
> sublimation won’t take place anymore. It’ll all stay in the drink.

Actually it can be seen too. If you pour water that had just stopped
boiling over loose tea, water boils over a second time, sometimes even
violently. This could be all the caffeine gas that's being released from
tea. I've seen same effect with good quality instant coffee as well.

Wait till water temperature goes below 90° C (194° F) before you bring
hot water in contact with tea or coffee.

Caffeine must be something like alcohol, only about 10° C more resilient
to evaporation and a solid at normal temperature. Alcohol boils at
around 80° C.

rbowman

Sep 19, 2021, 8:45:09 PM9/19/21
In the interest of science I just poured boiling water over loose
Dragonwell tea. No second boiling was observed. For full disclosure, my
kitchen is at 3000' so the boiling water is only 97 C. Yeah, I know 80 C
is the recommended temperature for Dragonwell but that's the loose tea I
have on hand.

Michael Moroney

Sep 19, 2021, 9:53:40 PM9/19/21
I don't know where you're getting your info from, but caffeine
sublimates at 178C (352F), not something that will happen with hot water.

The "second boiling" mentioned is probably the water being superheated,
that is, it's liquid above its usual boiling temperature. It doesn't
happen too often, and disturbances can cause it to boil suddenly.

Clutterfreak

Sep 19, 2021, 10:56:57 PM9/19/21
Did you pour it gradually? If you pour boiling water gradually you won't
see it cause released gas will have plenty space other than the hot
water medium to escape through. You should pour the boiling water (just
after boiling stopped) almost at once to block the gas. Then you'll
probably see the water boil again, this time by all that caffeine gas
escaping through it.

Archimedes Plutonium

Sep 19, 2021, 11:14:33 PM9/19/21
20+ year spamming offtopic shithead Relf in sci.physics

Re: Jeff Relf is the 20 year long off-topic Shithead of sci.physics//distracting real physicists from confirming real proton is 840MeV, true electron is muon = 105MeV and the .5MeV particle is Dirac's monopole so that Faraday law goes on inside of atoms
by Alberto Harris Sep 21, 2019, 6:08:31 PM

Re: 9Ana Mari Cauce,Univ Washington,Robert van Dyck, Oscar Vilches, William Weitkamp, Jeffrey Wilkes, Lawrence Yaffe-- is the reason none of you have confirmed real proton = 840MeV, real electron is the muon and .5MeV was Dirac monopole-too busy on
by Tshokonma Balzalot Aug 18, 2019, 9:37:47 AM

Re: 2-Ana Mari Cauce,Univ Washington,Robert van Dyck, Oscar Vilches, William Weitkamp, Jeffrey Wilkes, Lawrence Yaffe-- is the reason none of you have confirmed real proton = 840MeV, real electron is the muon and .5MeV was Dirac monopole-too busy on Relf
by The Rectifier Aug 3, 2019, 5:28:51 PM

Re: 4Ana Mari Cauce,Univ Washington,Robert Ingalls,David Kaplan,Henry Lubatti,Lillian McDermott,Larry McLerran-- is the reason none of you have confirmed real proton = 840MeV, real electron is the muon and .5MeV was Dirac monopole-too busy on Relf??
by Buck Futter Jul 7, 2019, 11:34:12 AM

SCI.PHYSICS FAQ, 19Sep2021// Usenet science dead, but AP's newsgroup up and running well-- today's topics-- take a look at the only pure science newsgroup, free of spammers and police drag net spam, free of stalkers.

The only real important physics in all of our time of the 21st century, other than the Atom Totality, is the physics of KNOWING WHAT IS THE TRUE ELECTRON OF ATOMS. Is it the muon stuck inside a 840MeV proton torus doing the Faraday Law and the 0.5MeV particle which AP says is the Dirac magnetic monopole and not the real electron of atoms. Any other questions in physics are so unimportant, so meager, so irrelevant for our times.

Because, well, if the real electron is the Muon, not the 0.5MeV particle, means, the Sun shines from Faraday Law, and not from fusion. That means, the Sun has Initiated Red Giant Phase, and that means, all life on Earth perishes by the next 1 thousand year (perhaps even less, perhaps more such as 1 million years). Unless humanity colonizes Europa and Ganymede.

So, everything else in physics is meaningless, unless we address the question of which is the Atom's true real electron. Because if we do not address that question. All life on Earth could be toasted out of existence in just 1,000 years. We see it already in Heat Domes, and Droughts which could not be the result of Global Warming human fossil fuel burning.

Everything else in physics is an idiocy corner, that does not put the #1 question on center table.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe

XXXXXXXXXXX

Principles of sci.physics

1) Above all, do physics in sci.physics, for at the end of the day, end of the year, end of a life, it is the physics that you do in sci.physics that only counts.

2) When doing physics in sci.physics and talking to someone else that is seriously doing physics with you-- be polite. You get ahead more, and go farther with politeness.

3) Most posters degenerate into ad hominem attackers. Reread (1).

4) Sci.physics is open to all, sadly, to even those who never do physics in sci.physics, but the openness is a blessing in disguise because the openess more often than not, gets at the truth of science that has been corrupted by other scientists. And sci.physics is self-policing, meaning that if you continue to piss and poop, (like Jeff Relf offtopic in sci.physics) if you continue to piss and poop in sci.physics, the others who seriously do physics in sci.physics will self police the miscreant out. For it only takes a few miscreants, diseased in mind to ruin a newsgroup as they are a blight upon all other posts that contain physics. Jeff Relf is like a person who you invite to your home for dinner, and having to go to the bathroom, Relf takes a shit right in the middle of the floor of the dining hall.

5) Prime Minister Boris Johnson & President Joe Biden, please call off your police agencies and FBI, CIA, Mi5, Mi6 of their daily "police drag net spam" in sci.physics and sci.math, and leave those two newsgroups completely alone to do just physics and math. Totally inappropriate of govt agencies to ruin sci.math and sci.physics, you may as well have your agents in all church ceremonies applying drag net spam. The spammer "__" is never appropriate in sci.math or sci.physics, nor is the Stonehenge freak, or any of the other drag net spammers. We all thank the USA and British and other governments and agencies like CERN for inventing Usenet, but please, do not destroy what you built, with police drag net spam. Adhere to the tenet, that a forum sci.physics and sci.math are specifically devoted to physics and math, not to a govt bureaucracy chasing after criminals and terrorists with their highly flamed rhetoric and loud noises in sci.math, sci.physics.

6) Criminal-Stalking is defined as constant attacking of another person's character exclusive of science content in his/her threads for more than 1 year. In the case of criminal stalking the attackee, can just shred the attackers post and repost. For stalking is not science, nor academics nor debate nor discussion. Stalking is insanity and criminal behavior.

AP writes: AP no longer tolerates any Criminal Stalker and thus shreds his attack and spits the byproduct back into the lap of the stalker.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

***New news***

Stripping college degrees.

AP argues that college degrees are serious business and a holder should wear his/her degree proudly throughout the rest of their lives. AP argues that the Internet has been a new window on academics, and this new window shines a light on the fact that many receive college degrees but should never have been given one, Earle Jones, Dan Christensen, John Gabriel, Zelos Malum, Jan Burse, Kibo Parry Moroney. And their degrees from colleges should be made "null and void".

The Internet has become a new testing arena for all students across the world, and if you screw up badly in the Internet, should mean, no final degree from college, or the nullification of an existing degree.

College Degrees in science, every single one of them, should be seen as serious business and held to the highest standards. If anyone wears their college degree in science that puts shame on science, should have their degree made null and void. Such as being a professor yet unwilling to be vaccinated. John Gabriel, BWR, Earle Jones, Kibo Parry M., Dan Christensen, Zelos Malum, Markus Klyver, Jan Burse if any has a degree in science and engineering , should have their degrees made null and void. I decree it.

The null and void is not a single incident but years and years of "spamming mistakes". All of the above have been spamming their mistakes for 10 years or more. They should not have a degree from any college in science or engineering.

The education system needs a means of nullification as well as the -- passing out of degrees.

XXXXXXXXXX

Solution for Block Spam "ay1" with yellow emoji faces-- pull plug on entire ISP // SCI.MATH FAQ 2Sep2021

Troubles with Block Spam-- 15 screes of b.s. flooding all at once. Solution, pull the plug on entire ISP, even if an entire country where the spam emanates. And give time to our engineers to craft a U shaped funnel that the spam shit emanates but funneled back into the mouthes of the spamming jackarses. Also fitted with a baby bib for the insane.

I am contemplating emailing Larry Page and Sergey Brin to set their finest engineers to work on a U funnel that reroutes this mindless spam from entering sci.physics and sci.math. The email should reach Larry's and Sergey's desk faster than the pony express.

XXXXXXXXXX

Attempts to subsidize sci.physics, a newsgroup within a newsgroup

The hideous notion that a part of sci.physics is "subsidized out to a kook Jeff Relf" making a minor newsgroup inside of sci.physics where he posts offtopic shithead nonsense and then gathers chat from others to post within his "rented out subset subspace of sci.physics". Reminds one of those trying to steal parts of National Parks in countries around the world to the detriment of the animals and plants living in those National Parks, only to self aggrandize them and their families. But Jeff Relf needs psychiatric attention for this attempt to usurp sci.physics has been going on for almost 30 years.

Sonnet

To every life there has to be an end;
Even for such life with no science brain at all.
You, pea-brain, will follow that brain dead trend.
When after fifty worthless years you fall.
Will there be any style to honor you?
For your mindless foolish reckless attack?
You cackling ad hominem wretched hack
Have less worth than a crackpot full of shit-stew.

Yet there has been design in your making.
Worthlessness escapes the limits of time.
At last there will be worth from your being
When soil does get enriched by your slime.
Your worthless body freed from worthless mind
Will at last to the dear good Earth be kind.

AB + AP, poem copyrights

XXXXXXXXXXX

Today's LIKELY govt drag net spammers in sci.physics -- poster "__". Likely FBI, CIA, Mi5, Mi6, and other govt agencies that give a shit, a shit about sci.physics and overrunning sci.physics.

We need concerted effort on the part of sci.physics loyal subscribers to remove "_" for if we do not remove the jackarse, he and their kind will flood sci.physics to where it is nothing but a pulp.

XXXXXXXXXXX

SCI.MATH FAQ and SCI. PHYSICS FAQ, although I personally remember the FAQ routinely posted to sci.math in 1993-1999 from Univ Waterloo in Canada, and from Scott I Chase from LBL dot gov in sci.physics.

Snapshot History of Usenet's sci.physics and sci.math, and why it is almost dead, not as dead as sci.chem, but approaching it, save for a few individuals such as AP, and others. Others who care more about truth, than about money and prejudice and opinion, and mindless sentiment and sex orientation.

AP cannot afford to lose sci.physics and sci.math because most of his new ideas after 1993 were all recorded and archived in sci.math and sci.physics.

The death of sci.chem and so many other newsgroups can be blamed on a govt interference pattern of paying for stalkers, and police drag net spam. As if doing physics in sci.physics is a nuisance to others doing stalking and police drag net spam.

Sci.chem is a dead newsgroup. Sci.physics and sci.math are almost dead newsgroups where stalkers fill each thread of those doing physics in sci.physics or math in sci.math, paid stalkers to demonize authors and after the end of the day, all of the posts are flushed off into 2nd or 3rd or 4th page by government block spam, police drag net spam to get all posts off the front page. Here is an example of block-flush-spam found almost daily in sci.physics. The purpose of which is to flush all posts into 2nd or 3rd page-- out of sight, out of mind of posts that have physics content.

i take back what i said previous forgive me im sick i ccry
How are you ?
7:30 AM

_'s profile photo
_
,
He Llo
2
i take back whta i said previosu forgive me im sick i cry
How are you ?
7:29 AM

_'s profile photo
_
,
He Llo
2
in 1999 they called me a monster but i thought i was a good monster like for example the monsters of rocknroll>>and not a bad monster>>what did i do to be a monster?i dont know, its because somthing she told them that i dont know and never will cause i wasnt any mmonster
7:29 AM

_'s profile photo
_
,
He Llo
2
in 1999 when i was a kid my senses didnt detect the monstruos proportion that i was confrontated aka with the rockstars >> if i was anonymous there woudnt be any problem cause i could handle it cause i had the controls>>but she stole my controls from me and made me contract freeze and they wanted me to explain without me having hte controls>>she caught me>>and i turned to crap>>she wanetd to steal my freedom and she succeeded
7:29 AM

_'s profile photo
_
,
He Llo
2
i take back what i said preivous forgive me im sick i cry

Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium
9:46 AM (1 hour ago)

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 9:17:14 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 11:27:39 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> > 6-SCI.PHYSICS FAQ, 8Aug2021// Usenet science dead, but AP's newsgroup up and running--
> > For details see:
> > https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe

Zelos Malum is doing a block-flush-spam over in sci.math, and every night he spits up as spam every one of Gabriel's spam that morning and loads the block of 15 threads onto sci.math to push everyone off the front pages.

Not only does Zelos Malum do a Block-Flush-Spam every night by regurgitating every one of John Gabriel's daytime spam, usually a block of 15 threads, but now we have Markus over in Europe doing Block-Flush-Spam.
So they do all sorts of attacks, attack your personal thread, and in conjunction, block-flush-spam to get your thread over onto page 2 or 3 hinterlands.
Many a poster is a juvenile delinquent who never grew up, and thinks Usenet is another game toy, where you have to battle authors to see if they go away, with your attacks. Some mothers in Europe must be teaching their bad naughty child-- go play with Usenet, to get them out of their hair, but into the hairs of authors in sci.math and sci.physics, just like Markus.
On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 3:02:50 PM UTC-5, markus...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm quite sure Wiles is perfectly aware about the proof of FTC.

And now we have not only Zelos Malum misfit repeating all 15 John Gabriel threads everyday of the year, but we have the new misfit of Markus Klyver repeating the misfit Malum 15 threads.

Repeating or repetition is one of the strongest yet annoying weapons used in Usenet.

There is a old saying, that a camel is a horse designed by a government committee. And after observing Usenet for almost 30 years now, and how the US government built Usenet in 1993 and how the USA govt then destroyed Usenet, we can safely say "A ashened dung heap of nuked out husk is a Camel of a Horse, once US government gets finished with it."

Sci.chem is a dead newsgroup. With only police drag net spam occupying 90% of the posts. You can easily tell police drag net spam-- always off topic, and incendiary, and full of references. Danger-- those references are likely to be viruses to hack into your computer.

The USA government created Usenet in late 1980s, circa 1989 and I started to post 1993. About 90% of the posts were authored by edu dot addresses, harvard, nwu, berkeley and many colleges and universities. Today it is rare to see any edu dot address. Whenever I pull up a thread of mine in the early 1990s they are loaded with dot edu addresses. So what caused them to all flee? It was that the government of USA that invented Usenet started to pay stalkers to pester, harass, and cause to flee authors with their drumbeat of hate and stalking spam, which after the end of the day would be flushed off the front pages with more govt spam of drag net or flush-spam. So the govt created Usenet, in early 1990s and by 2000 was on a cruise to bruise and destroy Usenet. By 2021, only a enclave of posters in sci.math and sci.physics is keeping those two newsgroups still alive.

Some had warned in 1990s to use filters when reading sci.physics or sci.math. Filter out all bad pests and stalkers. Trouble is, the stalkers turned away dot edu authors and by 1999 most colleges and university authors were heading for the exits.

To keep sci.physics true on course we need people to self police posters who mean to destroy sci.physics of its mission-- Discuss physics. And to self police abusers, abusers like Jim McGinn who spams continually on the subject of weather, which is alright for freedom of speech allows everyone of their 15 posts a day, so who am I to complain since I use my 15 posts per day, just as McGinn, but then I do not post another 15 posts under a fake name "Tornado" so that McGinn tries to post 30 posts a day.

The vital reason AP cannot leave sci.physics and sci.math is because most everyone of my new ideas of science was posted to sci.physics and sci.math and many of those posts are seen in any one of my so far published books on Kindle Amazon. In the two years of 2019 - 2021 I managed to publish 150 books and working on my 151st book of TEACHING TRUE PHYSICS, 1st year college.

It is safe to say the only fully functioning Usenet newsgroup of pure science, with no spam is AP's newsgroup. A place where almost all is pure science, seldom "people talk".

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe

Google newsgroups have abuse monitoring buttons and abuse report. But when the abuse comes from the USA govt itself, there is nothing Google can do.

And, much of that police drag net spam is experimental spam, and what I mean is they test out to see how well and easy they can get into your computer should you dare click on one of their reference sites. Sort of test out "how to hack" should you click on their spam posts.

This is what sci.chem looks like at the moment, a bombed out shell husk of police drag net spam. And the only reason sci.physics and sci.math are still functioning and do not look like sci.chem, are the efforts of a few people who care about sci.physics and sci.math.

FBInNSATerroristSlayer
Economist John Maynard Keynes Said Whites Had The Right To KILL Non-Whites
Aug 1

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
, …
Nomen Nescio
4
EVIL WHITE CHRISTIAN THIEVES "deliberately diminished" Greatest Mathematical Contributions by Indians
Jul 26

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
USA UK Aus Canada govts have been LYING to public - Ex-MI5 Microwave Scientist Barrie Trower
Jul 23

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
Fibonacci: I loved Indian Mathematics to such an extent above all others that I completely devoted myself to it
Jul 17

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
The Magneto-Plasma Cosmology of the Ṛgveda - Alternative to Big Bang Theory
Jul 17

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
Re: Trump's lawsuit (WHITE FILTH spend their entire lives GOSSIPING while CIA, NSA is secretly CHIPPING them with MIND CONTROL CHIPS)
Jul 11

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
MERCILESSLY MASSACRE THE CIA, NSA n FBI AGENTS LIKE FUCKING PIGS for SECRETLY CHIPPING Amrikkkans with MIND CONTROL CHIPS
Jul 6

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
The VEDA of PHYSICS: Reconciling the Observer and the Observed
Jul 4

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
MASSACRE CIA, FBI, NSA agents like FUCKING PIGS for SECRETLY CHIPPING americans with MIND INVASIVE CHIPS and TORTURING with DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS
Jun 30

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer's profile photo
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
How INDIAN LOGIC played a role in the CREATION OF MODERN LOGIC, which is at the BASIS OF COMPUTER SCIENCE

Best FAQ ever written in Usenet once Alex Lopez-Ortiz of Univ. Waterloo FAQ stopped due to paid for stalkers.

Read my recent posts in peace and quiet in AP's newsgroup, for sci.physics and sci.math was sold by USA govt to a gang of stalkers, who pester everyone as they now own sci.physics, and the USA govt of NSF and dept of Educ probably laughing their arse off as the stalkers harass and pester everyone. In the 1980s we had fraud waste abuse of $900. toilet seats from the government. The govt learns quickly and now their fraud waste and abuse is pay Kibo Parry M, Jan Burse, Dan Christensen perhaps $100 per stalker post, providing everyone in USA govt entertainment in their soda coffee break at Washington DC. "Look, kibo just harassed AP with two more emoji's of "shit for brains". The Master in Dr. Who: ha ha ha,... ha ha ha....

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe

Sci. Math FAQ history

From 1993 onwards to sometime around 1996 SCI.MATH FAQs were administered by Univ Waterloo in Canada, warning young students and newcomers of what to expect in sci.math. It worked well. And I would have liked it to be the first post permanently in sci.math. And it was done "for free". Their Warnings to students and newcomers were excellent, warning them of trust little of what you see in sci.math, sci.physics. And this is all that you ever need for Warnings. You never need paid for stalkers, which destroys a newsgroup.

But then corruption and fraud entered sci.math and sci.physics, for when money can be made from something, easy money, then it is not long before a new arrangement is made. So instead of a "for free FAQ". Some persons convinced the USA govt to pay stalkers to go around and pester authors 24-7-365.

And here is where a awful choice was likely made. A choice of hiring Kibo Parry M. of World std as noted by Wikipedia reference to the NSF, National Science Foundation. That they likely (we need investigative journalist to unearth the facts) hired Kibo Parry M, ___not knowing or not caring___ that he was Gay (we have to prove this as a Wikipedia standards of journalism) and by hiring him to stalk Usenet sci.math and sci.physics, he brings along with him (unknown to NSF at the time) brings along with him a full army of gay followers and warriors ready to do battle on Kibo's behalf in anticipation of a future "bedwarmer payback". Followers that laughed at every corny joke uttered by Kibo, So as they hire Kibo Parry M to stalk AP, then AP is not a one on one with Kibo attacks, no, AP is faced with a army of Kibo zombies.

On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 7:18:40 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote in sci.math:
sex motivation in science Re: curious, just curious-- is there a numbers correlation between percentage of stalkers and homosexuality? Re: Psychology behind the mental disorder of stalking-- Michael Moroney, Dan Christensen, Jan Burse, Jan Bielawski

On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 5:21:29 PM UTC-5, Me(Franz) wrote:
> On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 11:31:26 PM UTC+2, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>
>> I am not suggesting that the 12 stalkers are 12 homosexuals.
(Franz) > I am not suggesting that the 12 stalkers are 12 [male --me] homosexuals.

(Franz)> I'm sure they are. That's why they are called /12 Angry Men/!

Well, this explains a lot about many posters in sci.math and sci.physics, for they are not in science for truth but in science to meet and partner up. And explains the loyalty and ferocity of hate posts by those 12, having no truth value. Explains why Franz keeps posting a total fake ellipse, because of his bedwarmer approval.

In another thread I discuss how "money corrupts science" but looking here, I need to consider how sex orientation corrupts the truth of science. So that we must ask-- is black hole acceptance due in large part to homosexual community wanting a black hole agenda. Is the Big Bang theory a homosexual favorite. Is the Appel & Haken in 4 color mapping, the Hales Kepler Packing, the Wiles FLT, all due to homosexual community favoritism, rather than any truth content.

So if Franz can post 100,000 times his fake conic ellipse b.s. all because he wants a bedwarmer, rather than the truth of science. We have to explore how much more of science is a sexual preference rather than reasoned truth.

A stupid decision was made by USA government sometime in the late 1990s to hire-- by the govt.-- paid for stalkers to stalk sci.math and sci.physics, in turn destroying those newsgroups and all of science on Usenet.

Not only did the stalkers invade every thread of their targeted victim, but there was a hidden agenda a "hidden sci.math and a hidden sci.physics", like a different channel, in which posts that were free of the stalkers would be channelled into this sci.math and sci.physics, so that the stalking made a "no see um" of of the targeted victim. A form of censoring. So that no-one would see a post of AP, once the stalkers had made a reply into a AP thread.

Much of the stalking comes out of std World ISP, with a fake name of Michael Moroney and many other fake names, used by Kibo Parry.

---quoting Wikipedia ---
Controversy
Many government and university installations blocked, threatened to block, or attempted to shut-down The World's Internet connection until Software Tool & Die was eventually granted permission by the National Science Foundation to provide public Internet access on "an experimental basis."
--- end quote ---

NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION

Dr. Panchanathan , present day
France Anne Cordova
Subra Suresh
Arden Lee Bement Jr.
Rita R. Colwell
Neal Francis Lane
John Howard Gibbons 1993

Barry Shein, kibo parry std world
Jim Frost, Joe "Spike" Ilacqua

And how much of this paid stalkers, is paid for by the USA dept of Education? We need investigative journalists to figure this out.

We need investigative news journalists to see how much money the govt USA via NSF or dept of Educ is enriching the pockets of Kibo Parry M., Dan Christensen, Jan Burse, and a team of allies to stalk sci.math and sci.physics. Is it in the millions of dollars? Are they paid more to stalk under a NSF grant than actual professors of math and physics are paid at MIT or CalTech to actually teach math and physics? Will the NSF hire Kibo Parry M, Dan Christensen, Jan Burse to wipe the arse of staff at NSF as they visit the toilet, for they enjoy stalkers throwing turds throughout sci.math and sci.physics? And will that be paid for in millions of dollars also.

USA NSF---Sethuraman Panchanathan, F. Fleming Crim, Dorothy E Aronson, Brian Stone, James S Ulvestad, Rebecca Lynn Keiser, Vernon D. Ross, Lloyd Whitman, John J. Veysey, Scott Stanley

USA dept Educ, Cindy Marten, deputy

And the extreme stalking by Canadian Dan Christensen.
Canada's NSF-- Francois-Philippe Champagne, Ted Hewitt, Martha Crago, Frederic Bouchard, Cinthia Duclos, Normand Labrie

Investigative reporter needs to find out why Alex Lopez-Ortiz of Univ. Waterloo that had a nice, well-worked FAQ in early 1990s in Warning young students and newcomers that they will see all sorts of posts and to believe few if any of those posts. Why that FAQ disappeared in late 1990s, leaving only stalkers all over Usenet.

The FAQ worked really well and were "for free". It gave the proper Warnings to young students and newcomers that they would find all manner of posts and to believe very little of what they read because of the free-style nature of posts. Only I would have preferred they remain a permanent fixture of the very first post in sci.physics or sci.math.

So the journalist needs to investigate the corruption of where we are talking about a lot of money, perhaps millions squandered in paying the likes of stalkers Kibo Parry M, Dan Christensen, Jan Burse, to stalk day and night, year after year for 28 years now. When before Alex at Univ of Waterloo was posting for free-- the Warning. And now with stalkers, pestering authors to try to drive authors out.

Why give up a FAQ to pay millions for stalkers that ruin sci.physics and sci.math, just simply ruin and destroy it. And turn sci.math and sci.physics down to their level of idiocy-- Kibo Parry-- 938 is 12% short of 945, or Dan Christensen with 2 OR 1 = 3 with AND as subtraction of the error filled Boole logic.

When sci.math and sci.physics operated beautifully with a FAQ posted from Univ Waterloo in the early 1990s. Why change, unless big, free easy money could be had.

So we need a investigative journalist to see where the govt fraud and corruption entered into the destruction of sci.math and sci.physics when a "for free guidance" was offered in a FAQ in early 1990s, where the corruption of wasting millions of dollars to pay some clinically obese stalkers Kibo and others sitting on their arse --all day long attacking posters.

And one has to investigate on whether John Gabriel was a stalker himself who would spam sci.math almost every day filling the board with 10 or more posts, whether Gabriel was some sort of "lure and bait" for stalkers Dan Christensen, Kibo Parry M, to say to NSF Dr. Panchanathan "see, you need us to stalk because of guys like Gabriel, now give us a 2 million pay rise".

AP has the hunch that Gabriel is a actor in cohort with Kibo and Dan and Jan and especially Zelos Malum who spams a 15 thread scree every night for years into Gabriel threads just to push everyone else off the front page. The Malum pathetic one liners such as "and why does one need to do it geometrically?" Refering to AP's call for a geometry proof of calculus.

In the wake of stalking, the USA government then used the sci.math and sci.physics as stomping grounds for police-drag-net-spam. One merely has to take a peek inside of sci.chem and see it is a bombed out shell of a husk of nothing but police drag net spam, so bad was sci.chem, that Dr. Panchanathan mad at how overwhelmed sci.chem had been destroyed ordering one of the stalkers to daily go into sci.chem with a dumb insipid question of chemistry, just to pretend sci.chem still had some "life" with someone of the stalkers posing a chemistry question, just to pretend it is not 100% bombed out of existence.

The Master in Dr. Who:: ha, ha, ha,,ha,ha.....ha,ha ha, hee,hee,hee, hee hee.

So what AP is going to do, is restore science newsgroups from the awful clutches of ignorant National Science Foundation Dr. Panchanathan's paid for stalkers and daily police drag net spam abominations.

AP needs to do this for most of all New True Science came from sci.physics and sci.math. People dull dumb and dirt ignorant people of science cannot stomach change and truth of science, and their reaction is predictable-- destroy the truth of science whatever means possible.

I am going to restore a daily FAQ to sci.physics and sci.math, until NSF Dr. Panchanathan grows up and his dept. grows up and furnishes a FAQ for sci.math and sci.physics. And stops and halts all payments to stalkers and stops and halts police drag net spam. Until then, AP takes over that job.

Swiss fraud waste abuse of taxpayer money 100franc per stalker post--
On Friday, July 30, 2021 at 5:35:41 PM UTC-5, burs...@gmail.com wrote:
> Archimedes Plutonium should be thrown in jail
> for his willful criminal behavior. The criminal

Swiss government: Walter Thurnherr, Guy Parmelin, Ignazio Cassis

Unclear how the fraud waste abuse money flows, whether USA-NSF pays the Swiss for Jan Burse stalking directly, or whether some other flow for stalking, or, none at all. But the stalking has been constant for 10 years.

NSF fraud waste abuse of taxpayer money $100 per stalker post--

USA--NSF Dr. Panchanathan, F. Fleming Crim, Dorothy E Aronson, Brian Stone, James S Ulvestad, Rebecca Lynn Keiser, Vernon D. Ross, Lloyd Whitman, John J. Veysey, Scott Stanley.

---quoting Wikipedia ---
Controversy
Many government and university installations blocked, threatened to block, or attempted to shut-down The World's Internet connection until Software Tool & Die was eventually granted permission by the National Science Foundation to provide public Internet access on "an experimental basis."
--- end quote ---

ETH Zurich

Paul Biran, Marc Burger, Patrick Cheridito, Manfred Einsiedler, Paul Embrechts, Giovanni Felder, Alessio Figalli, Norbert Hungerbuhler, Tom Ilmanen, Horst Knorrer, Emmanuel Kowalski, Urs Lang, Rahul Pandharipande, Richard Pink, Tristan Riviere, Dietmar Salamon, Martin Schweizer, Mete Soner, Michael Struwe, Benjamin Sudakov, Alain Sznitman, Josef Teichmann
Wendelin Werner, Thomas Willwacher

Zurich ETH, physics dept
Charalampos Anastasiou, Niklas Beisert, Adrian Biland,
Gianni Blatter, Marcella Carollo, Christian Degen, Leonardo Degiorgi, Gunther Dissertori, Klaus Ensslin,
Tilman Esslinger, Jerome Faist, Matthias Gaberdiel,
Aude Gehrmann-De Ridder, Vadim Geshkenbein, Christophorus Grab, Michele Graf, Jonathan Home,
Roland Horisberger, Sebastian Huber, Thomas Markus Ihn, Atac Imamoglu, Steven Johnson, Ursula Keller, Klaus Kirch, Simon Lilly, Joel Mesot, Renatto Renner,
Andre Rubbia, Werner Schmutz, Thomas Schulthess, Manfred Sigrist, Hans-Arno Synal, Matthias Troyer, Andreas Vaterlaus, Rainer Wallny, Andreas Wallraff,
Werner Wegscheider, Audrey Zheludev, Oded Zilberberg

University Bern
Christian Leumann, Walter Benjamin, Emil Theodor Kocher, Kurt Wuthrich, Friedrich Durrenmatt, Daniel Vassella, Rene Fasel, Mani Matter

AP restoring a FAQ to SCI.PHYSICS and Directing all traffic to the only **active pure science newsgroup**
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe

What AP is going to do, if Usenet continues to hire stalkers paid for by NSF, and continues to go without a FAQ and continues to fill up the newsgroups with police drag net spam, is AP will single handedly restore a FAQ to sci.physics and sci.math, and --redirect traffic-- to the only functional sci.physics and sci.math newsgroup now available in Usenet--> the only newsgroup doing nothing but pure science--->

Which was more corrupt, the stalkers Kibo, Dan and Jan or was NSF the lead corruptors, that would make Usenet sci.math and sci.physics a bombed out shell of a husk.

So we see here how USA, NSF
Sethuraman Panchanathan, F. Fleming Crim, Dorothy E Aronson, Brian Stone, James S Ulvestad, Rebecca Lynn Keiser, Vernon D. Ross, Lloyd Whitman, John J. Veysey, Scott Stanley

And how Canada NSF,
Canada's NSF-- Francois-Philippe Champagne, Ted Hewitt, Martha Crago, Frederic Bouchard, Cinthia Duclos, Normand Labrie

Instructs their paid for stalkers Kibo Parry M. and Dan Christensen. To pick a victim, selected by NSF, then pester that victim in every one of his posts with hate spew, whether anagrams or mockery or swear words.

What we do not see is how much money is slided under the table for each of those stalk posts. Whether in cash or in license fees to even operate std World or in grants hidden from view and given obscure titles pretending to research something in internet behavior.

So when was the last time that Alex Lopez-Ortiz posted his sci.math FAQ which did a perfectly swell job of WARNING to young students and newcomers, warning that you should believe only a fraction of what you read and that sci.math is coated in cranks crackpots and worthless stalkers like Kibo and Dan teaching 938 is 12% short of 945 and that 2 OR 1 = 3 with AND as subtraction due to error filled Boole logic.

So we do not see how much of taxpayers dollars is going for the likely-clinically-obese stalkers of Kibo Parry M., Dan Christensen, Jan Burse munching on chocolate bonbons sitting on their arse all day long spewing hatred. We do not see if their post nets a $100 per post spew or even more. So that they are paid thousand dollars a day, leaving the poor college professor who actually does teach math and physics, with a hundred dollars a day.

We need an investigative journalist to find out if the corrupt Kibo and Dan sought for the NSF to extract this lavish lifestyle career, or whether NSF sought for someone to stalk as a career.

y z
| /
| /
|/______ x

More people reading and viewing AP's newsgroup than viewing sci.math, sci.physics. So AP has decided to put all NEW WORK, to his newsgroup. And there is little wonder because in AP's newsgroups, there is only solid pure science going on, not a gang of hate spewing misfits blighting the skies.

In sci.math, sci.physics there is only stalking hate spew along with Police Drag Net Spam of no value and other than hate spew there is Police drag net spam day and night.

I re-opened the old newsgroup PAU of 1990s and there one can read my recent posts without the hassle of stalkers and spammers, Police Drag Net Spam that floods each and every day, book and solution manual spammers, off-topic-misfits, front-page-hogs, churning imbeciles, stalking mockers, suppression-bullies, and demonizers. And the taxpayer funded hate spew stalkers who ad hominem you day and night on every one of your posts.

There is no discussion of science in sci.math or sci.physics, just one long line of hate spewing stalkers followed up with Police Drag Net Spam (easy to spot-- very offtopic-- with hate charged content). And countries using sci.physics & sci.math as propaganda platforms, such as tampering in elections with their mind-rot.

Read my recent posts in peace and quiet.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe
Archimedes Plutonium

Clutterfreak

Sep 19, 2021, 11:23:47 PM9/19/21
On 9/19/2021 8:53 PM, Michael Moroney wrote:
> caffeine sublimates at 178C (352F)

CRC handbook is what scientists use for physics and chemistry data, not
Google.

CRC gives 238° C for _melting_ point of caffeine. So boiling point is
somewhere even above that temperature. Your data is bullshit.

We're talking about sublimating here, direct conversion of solid to gas.
This process, according to CRC, takes place at 90° C and above for
caffeine. My CRC handbook is the 85th Ed, and you can find this data in
page 3-92.

rbowman

Sep 20, 2021, 12:26:07 AM9/20/21
Took the pan off the stove while it was still boiling and poured it into
the mug. It doesn't get any faster.

Michael Moroney

Sep 20, 2021, 12:41:24 AM9/20/21
On 9/19/2021 11:23 PM, Clutterfreak wrote:
> On 9/19/2021 8:53 PM, Michael Moroney wrote:
>> caffeine sublimates at 178C (352F)
>

> CRC handbook is what scientists use for physics and chemistry data, not
> Google.

I used DuckDuckGo :-)

> CRC gives 238° C for _melting_ point of caffeine. So boiling point is
> somewhere even above that temperature. Your data is bullshit.

178°C is below 238°C in case you haven't noticed.

> We're talking about sublimating here, direct conversion of solid to gas.

Which is what I said. I checked several sites (don't have a Rubber
Bible) and all stated it sublimated at 178°C at atmospheric pressure.

> This process, according to CRC, takes place at 90° C and above for
> caffeine. My CRC handbook is the 85th Ed, and you can find this data in
> page 3-92.

Maybe 90°C is for vacuum? Anyway, 178°C for most people drinking coffee
at 1 atm is what's relevant.

Clutterfreak

Sep 20, 2021, 11:44:19 AM9/20/21
On 9/19/2021 11:41 PM, Michael Moroney wrote:
> I checked several sites (don't have a Rubber Bible) and all stated it
> sublimated at 178°C at atmospheric pressure.

All must've been getting that number from each other using DuckDuck in a
well-established Cro-Magnon behavior of looking at each other instead of
independently researching it.

While in university you got the bad habit of accessing them free, but
real journal data in USA cost you a lot of money to see. You'll spend
thousands of dollars and many many days and weeks going through many
papers ($40 each to see!) to just find a phase diagram for caffeine, or
any other information you want to access.

So American scientists backed CRC to cut that bullshit short for them.
Time-wise and money-wise.

Even CRC was not immune to Cro-Magnon motherfuckers. Starting early
1960s they deliberately downsized it to cut public access to a lot of
useful and genuine data. Something like 4000 pages got reduced to around
2000, and it never recovered from it. U.S. government had created and
started the project JASON which asked (read it "forced") scientists to
participate to come up with ideas for hiding genuine and useful
scientific information. I think this project is still going full force!

Fuck you Cro-Magnons and die off! Hehe :)

Clutterfreak

Sep 20, 2021, 12:07:59 PM9/20/21
Whatever you had in mug perhaps didn't have much caffeine to begin with.
This time contain your coffee or tea in an all surrounding little sieve,
like those in Vietnamese stores for inserting tea in hot water without
dispersing the leaves everywhere. If it is of good quality, that is if
it has an adequate amount of caffeine in it, you should see a diffusion
of tiny bubbles out of the sieve surface. Almost like a white cloud.

But back to the notion of good coffee, I believe it is based on two
simultaneous conditions:

1- It should retain a lot of caffeine by the time you drink it.
2- You _must_ drink it at the right time, at the right place.

Condition "2" has psychological reasons behind it and is every bit as
required as caffeine itself. "Classical Conditioning" is part of the
process in any addiction.

rbowman

Sep 20, 2021, 11:11:16 PM9/20/21
On 09/20/2021 10:07 AM, Clutterfreak wrote:
> Whatever you had in mug perhaps didn't have much caffeine to begin with.
> This time contain your coffee or tea in an all surrounding little sieve,
> like those in Vietnamese stores for inserting tea in hot water without
> dispersing the leaves everywhere. If it is of good quality, that is if
> it has an adequate amount of caffeine in it, you should see a diffusion
> of tiny bubbles out of the sieve surface. Almost like a white cloud.

You mean the entrained air? You could get the same effect with catnip or
chamomile flowers.

Clutterfreak

Sep 21, 2021, 4:19:57 PM9/21/21
No it's more violent than that. Sometimes even it makes coffee or tea
boil over the edges of the cup.

I don't have time to find you a video of it. It has happened to me many
times though, when I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait for hot
water to cool a little bit.

The definitive explanation could be seen from a caffeine phase diagram
that at least covers various atmospheric pressures we experience on
earth surface. I challenge you to find one, cause it won't be easy. Even
Google Scholar wants money now.

Clutter Freak

Oct 21, 2021, 4:46:06 PM10/21/21
Oops.. I meant to say "Situational Conditioning", not "Classical." It's been a long time since I learned that in psychology class.

Ayaz Siddiqi

Oct 23, 2021, 2:53:25 AM10/23/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 3:44:02 AM UTC+1, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
> To lower my sugar/chocolate consumption, I now eat:
>
> -- Cheese sticks.
>
> -- Hummus, guacamole, tomatoes, bananas, potato salad
>
> -- Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares ( Nature Valley )
>
> -- " GoGo squeeZ ( Fruit on the Go ) ".
>
> I buy gallon bottles of water, mostly "Alkaline 88"
> because the cheaper brands are sold out on Amazon Fresh,
> each and every month !
Can't wait for bezos to die, so his disgusting food dies with him!!!