Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Early Coronavirus Immunity Data Fuel Promise for a Vaccine

Visto 14 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

olli...@gmail.com

no leída,
25 may 2020, 13:05:5725/5/20
Early Coronavirus Immunity Data Fuel Promise for a Vaccine
https://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/63104-early-coronavirus-immunity-data-fuel-promise-for-a-vaccine

Quote--

s the world grapples with how to safely reopen society in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, scientists have been racing to understand whether COVID-19 infection confers immunity—and how long such immunity might last. A lot hangs in the balance: A strong immune response could mean people who have already been infected would be able to safely return to work. And it would also bode well for vaccine development efforts.

A small but suggestive new study finds that individuals who have had COVID-19 produce a robust response in immune cells called T cells. The adaptive immune system contains several main components: antibody-creating B cells, helper T cells and killer T cells. The latter two are important for recognizing and destroying a particular virus, respectively. Alessandro Sette and Shane Crotty, both professors at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology, and their colleagues found that of a group of 20 people who had recovered from COVID-19, 70 percent had killer T cells and 100 percent had helper T cells that were specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19. Importantly, the researchers observed a strong T cell response to the “spike” protein the virus uses to bind to and infect cells (and which most vaccine candidates target). They additionally detected a helper T cell response to SARS-CoV-2 in about half of blood samples they examined that had been drawn before the virus began circulating. This observation, they say, hints that exposure to seasonal common cold coronaviruses may confer some protection against the new pathogen.

The findings build on earlier studies showing that infection with the novel coronavirus produces protective, or “neutralizing,” antibodies. Taken together, these results suggest that people who have had COVID-19 possess at least some immunity—an encouraging sign for the dozens of vaccines under development. Separately, this week the company Moderna announced early results from a trial of its coronavirus vaccine candidate: eight individuals who have received the vaccine produced antibodies to the virus at levels similar to those of people who had the disease.

Scientific American spoke with Sette and Crotty about what their study means for immunity to COVID-19, possible protection from seasonal cold infections and the prospects for a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine.

--End Quote

Posting guidelines
sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated to the discussion of physics, news from the physics community, and physics-related social issues.
http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/newsgroups.html

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

no leída,
25 may 2020, 13:31:2125/5/20
The off topic spammer copy and pasted:
> Early Coronavirus Immunity Data Fuel Promise for a Vaccine

Once more off topic copy and paste of information that has become
old in main stream media.

Turn off your computer and read a news paper, shit for brains.

--
Jim Pennino

Ward Saylor

no leída,
25 may 2020, 18:19:2625/5/20
olli.dp3 wrote:

> s the world grapples with how to safely reopen society in the midst of
> the coronavirus pandemic, scientists have been racing to understand
> whether COVID-19 infection confers immunity—and how long such immunity
> might last.

cretin, enjoy the mouse and rat DNA and viruses in your blood and body,
due the vaccination program you've been through. What a persevere idiot.

PLAGUE & THE BIG PHARMA MAFIA - Dr. Judy Mikovits
https://www.bitchute.com/video/OOGGiBqAwWoz/

Ward Saylor

no leída,
26 may 2020, 7:17:5526/5/20
olli.dp3 wrote:

> for recognizing and destroying a particular virus, respectively.
> Alessandro Sette and Shane Crotty, both professors at the La Jolla

They tested spreading viruses on the NYC subways in the 1960s and have been testing them on the military from the 1920s.......
https://www.infowars.com/like-it-was-designed-to-infect-humans-covid-19-cell-culture-theory-gains-steam/
10 hours ago
(Edited)
The Bill and Melinda Gates slush fund hands out $tens of millions like candy to nearly every medical research institution in the world. Can we trust those who feed from the hand of Satan? If Hydroxi and zinc made Big Pharma / Fauci / Gates $billions and allowed them to get their witches brew into our blood streams would it be scorned? Of course not, it would be pushed like the vaccines which are on the lips of nearly every person in the media and science pushing Mark of the Beast vaccines which are designed to alter our very DNA and likely lead to mass euthanasia.

Mostowski Collapse

no leída,
8 ago 2021, 17:11:478/8/21
In retrospect, amazing and timely interview:

"Separately, this week the company Moderna announced
early results from a trial of its coronavirus vaccine candidate:
eight individuals who have received the vaccine produced
antibodies to the virus at levels similar to those of
people who had the disease."

"In this particular case, it so happens that it’s a good target
for all three different types of immune response—which
bodes well for people that are developing the spike-based
vaccines. At the same time, our data found that there were
the way to thinking that maybe these other pieces could
also be included to further fortify a vaccine concept."
0 mensajes nuevos