Possible AP book, but need some numbers correlation-- Percentage of lefthanded to righthanded, Why China and Asia write Right to Left--USA Left to Right//Driving rightside versus leftside//Homosexuality reverse sex images

Archimedes Plutonium

Dec 4, 2022, 5:33:46 PM12/4/22

Possible AP book, but need some numbers correlation-- Percentage of lefthanded to righthanded, Why China and Asia write Right to Left--USA Left to Right//Driving rightside versus leftside//Homosexuality reverse sex images.

This is a long haul, even for me, the King of Science.

But I chose to make a go of it, and perhaps, the numbers are in my favor.

Now, it is well known that most people are righthanded. The lefthanded people in the world are of a percentage of about 10% of world population.

Lefthanders are more artistic, less scientific.

Righthanders are more scientific, less artistic.

Now, since the world population is 90% righthanded, why would any country pursue a "drive on leftside of road"? Was the King of England a leftie, when they established leftside of road driving????

Was China ruled by a leftie when they decided to write from "right to left"?

So, I am going to explore these questions and see if the numbers favor some answers.

f94jnb8d874

Dec 4, 2022, 7:50:41 PM12/4/22
On 12/4/2022 2:33 PM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

> Possible AP book,

OH MY GOD SHUT THE HELL UP

Archimedes Plutonium

Dec 5, 2022, 2:25:58 AM12/5/22
So, if most people are righthanded 90% and driving on the rightside of the road would have their righthand on the steering wheel for control.

On the other side of the issue in England where 90% are righthanded and drive on the leftside of the road, would have their righthand ready for "least effect in swerving". And worse yet on expressways of 3 or more lanes, having a righthand steering the vehicle is more energy and time consuming.

Has there been any reports of "more accidents in English expressways" than in USA righthand driving?

Trolidan7

Dec 6, 2022, 1:44:17 AM12/6/22
Left versus right handedness is based somewhat
upon the differences between the angle of the
lateral sulcus of the brain on the left versus
right side in general.

This tends to allow a greater path between
the occipital and frontal lobes on the right
side and a greater path between the temporal
and frontal lobes on the left side.

The nervous system of most animals with
bilateral symmetry tends to be dorsal
nerves are sensory and ventral nerves are
motor, but you also have nerves going to
and from each specific area having sensory
organs and nerves as well as muscles for
movement which are enervated by motor
nerves. This includes insects which do
not have a spinal tract.

Now humans walk on two legs with the
spine nearly vertical. This makes
dorsal - to the back in humans and
ventral - to the front, which is
different from four footed vertebrates
with dorsal up and ventral down.

Now the nerves sending information
from eyes tends to send this information
to the back of the cerebrum called the
occipital lobe. This is because back -
dorsal is generally sensory and front
is motor.

The nerves from the ears, however,
detecting sound, tend to go to the
sides, or lateral areas of the brain,
known of as the temporal lobes for
the cerebrum.

The frontal lobes however are at
the front of the brain - this is
ventral or motor. Thus the frontal
lobes deal with complex planning
or actions.

This can send motor output to the
throat or face and tongue - for
speech - or it can send output to
the arms and legs or hands and
feet for movement such as writing
or walking.

Again, differences in the angle
of the lateral sulcus can cause
the connection between the
occipital lobe and frontal lobe
on the right side to be stronger
in many humans and the temporal
lobe and the frontal lobe to
be stronger on the left side
in many humans for nerves encoding
some concepts or activities.

People can practice writing with
the opposite hand that they tend
to write with if they want to,
and they can get better at it
throughout time with practice.

Traditional Chinese, Japanese,
and Korean is up to down. They
all however also use left to
right as well. It is Hebrew and Arabic
that is generally right to left.

The abbreviation of the top
of up to down columns however
can be right to left because
they start the next up to
down line going from right to
left rather than left to right.

I know of no writing system
where one reads the script
at the bottom of the page
first and then reads the
next line going upward, either
left to right or right to left.

In ancient Egyptian you could
go from top to bottom, left to
right, or right to left depending
on the direction of the characters.

I am thinking that they did not go
from down to up but I am not sure.

I am thinking that Napoleon was
generally left handed but passing
on the right in France may have
predated Napoleon.

For folio books there is the
question of left pages versus
right pages and back to front
or front to back, at least if
you have the folds vertical
rather than horizontal, however
folio books only go so far back in
time. Before then there tended
to be scrolls or materials of
clay or stone.

Do children choose to be left
or right handed when they choose
to use a specific hand to write?
They just decide that they can only
write with one hand and so they use
one hand? There is also something
called ambidexterous. Perhaps children
and adults often use only one hand
for writing because the public
education system tells them that
they can only use one hand.

Archimedes Plutonium

Dec 6, 2022, 2:13:40 AM12/6/22
Thanks, I will look into that information--

Archimedes Plutonium

Dec 6, 2022, 2:44:53 AM12/6/22
On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 12:44:17 AM UTC-6, Trolidan7 wrote:
Any research on whether righthanded people have their right eye better than their left eye??? Or possibly left eye better than right eye.

Correspondingly, if lefthanded people favor one eye over the other???

Any correlation with eyes as to handedness??

Archimedes Plutonium

Dec 6, 2022, 3:32:58 AM12/6/22
Now, we can divide the Liver into 8 compartments, called the Couinaud system.

I am wondering if we can divide the brain into 8 compartments. And that each compartment of the Liver produces the special chemicals, as the liver is the chemical factory of the body. Whether each compartment of the liver produces special and specific chemicals to the 8 compartments of the brain?

Whether the nervous system branches out specific nerves of the 8 brain compartments with the 8 Couinaud compartments?

Now, if the human heart were on the rightside of the body, instead of leftside, with other adjustments. The question arises as to whether 90% of humans would be lefthanded and only 10% righthanded.

Is there an animal whose heart is on the rightside???

AP

Michael Moroney

Dec 6, 2022, 3:07:32 PM12/6/22
There are many stories, probably many mythical, why (mostly) Britain and
her colonies drive on the left and most of the rest of the world on the
right.

Supposedly, knights in England passed each other on the left, so that
their sword arm (usually right) would be better suited for fighting if
the passing became a confrontation for any reason. There are also
stories about the direction spiral stairs in castles spiral, to give the
advantage to right-handed defenders over right handed attackers in
swordfights.

An 1835 law had people pass each other on London Bridge on the left
because of congestion.

Mule team drivers in the US traditionally rode on the left rear mule or
horse so would pass each other to the right to be sure to keep clear of
each other. Why left and not right, who knows. Early cars had the driver
on the left following that tradition.

France drove on the right and Napoleon's armies passed each other on the
right by policy, spreading that to territories he conquered. Britain did
similar to her colonies. Canada decided to match the US early on.

Dunno about Japan. I've heard a sword story like England and the
knights, except it was Samurai fighters.

Some or all of this may be myth or truth.

Jim Pennino

Dec 6, 2022, 4:46:09 PM12/6/22
Michael Moroney <mor...@world.std.spaamtrap.com> wrote:
> There are many stories, probably many mythical, why (mostly) Britain and
> her colonies drive on the left and most of the rest of the world on the
> right.
>
> Supposedly, knights in England passed each other on the left, so that
> their sword arm (usually right) would be better suited for fighting if
> the passing became a confrontation for any reason. There are also
> stories about the direction spiral stairs in castles spiral, to give the
> advantage to right-handed defenders over right handed attackers in
> swordfights.
>
> An 1835 law had people pass each other on London Bridge on the left
> because of congestion.
>
> Mule team drivers in the US traditionally rode on the left rear mule or
> horse so would pass each other to the right to be sure to keep clear of
> each other. Why left and not right, who knows. Early cars had the driver
> on the left following that tradition.

Supposedly around the 18th Century large wagons pulled by several pairs
of animals started to become common, with the driver sitting on the left
rear animal where he could use his whip with the right hand to keep the
animals motivated.

These large wagons were at first mostly used in the US and Canada. The
first keep-to-the-right law was passed in Pennsylvania in 1792. Much of
the US and Canada followed suit now long after that.

> France drove on the right and Napoleon's armies passed each other on the
> right by policy, spreading that to territories he conquered. Britain did
> similar to her colonies. Canada decided to match the US early on.

France went to the right under the left-handed ruler Napoleon.

> Dunno about Japan. I've heard a sword story like England and the
> knights, except it was Samurai fighters.
>
> Some or all of this may be myth or truth.

Some historical tidbits...

Evidence suggests Romans drove carts and wagons on the left and it is
known from literature Roman soldiers marched on the left.

Pope Boniface VIII declared about 1300 that all pilgrims travelling to
Rome should keep to the left.

As sword fighting and driving animal pulled carts has declined in most
of the world, today there is no motivation for one convention over the
other other than to prevent confusion at the border and most of the
areas that still drive on the left are islands.

whodat

Dec 6, 2022, 6:31:35 PM12/6/22
On 12/6/2022 2:07 PM, Michael Moroney wrote:
> There are many stories, probably many mythical, why (mostly) Britain and
> her colonies drive on the left and most of the rest of the world on the
> right.

As far as continental Europe is concerned you can blame Hitler. The
continent was split with some countries using a left hand drive, others
right hand. Hitler mandated that on some specific date all of
continental Europe would be right hand drive, and on that date they all
complied. It was done for the convenience of his military.