Scientists debate whether hunting, farming, smallpox or the nuclear bomb define the start of irreversible human impacts on our planet

Sam Wormley

Apr 9, 2015, 4:11:25 PM4/9/15

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated to the discussion
of physics, news from the physics community, and physics-related

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Apr 9, 2015, 6:01:05 PM4/9/15
Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scientists debate whether hunting, farming, smallpox or the nuclear bomb
> define the start of irreversible human impacts on our planet

An utterly pointless debate as the planet will last billions of years
while it is highly unlikely that humans will last that long thus there
is no such thing as "irreversible human impacts".

Even the effects of a global thermonuclear war would be gone in billions
of years.

And the whole thing has nothing to do with physics.

--
Jim Pennino

Sesiom

Apr 9, 2015, 6:28:35 PM4/9/15
On 4/9/2015 3:11 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
> Scientists debate whether hunting, farming, smallpox or the nuclear bomb

>> There are no more woolly mammoths, woolly rhinos or giant ground
>> sloths. Around 50,000 years ago the biggest land animals in the world
>> began to disappear. The number-one suspect: Homo sapiens. Hunting
>> combined with the burning of landscapes in places like Australia seem
>> to be the main reason there are no more giant kangaroos, along with
>> these other big animals.
>>
>> The lethal pairing of hunting and burning is just one of the ways
>> humans have been changing the world for millennia. Another is
>> planting crops such as corn or wheat, which now cover most of the
>> world's arable land. Chickens, cows and pigs have become the dominant
>> megafauna,

I vote Chickens !!!!!!!!!!!!

reber g=emc^2

Apr 9, 2015, 9:26:09 PM4/9/15
Microbes clean up all human waste,and that includes the plastic we throw in the ocean.Its there planet,and that is why they kill us. TreBert

Sam Wormley

Apr 9, 2015, 9:35:00 PM4/9/15
On 4/9/15 8:26 PM, reber g=emc^2 wrote:
> Microbes clean up all human waste,and that includes the plastic we throw in the ocean.

What make you think microbes clean up plastic? We don't
see it happening anywhere.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Apr 9, 2015, 11:01:05 PM4/9/15
Wrong again, ass hat, though I am amazed he got one right.

--
Jim Pennino

HVAC

Apr 10, 2015, 6:15:38 AM4/10/15
Even a blind pig gets a truffle every now and again?

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.
HAIL HYDRA!

Sam Wormley

Apr 10, 2015, 8:58:15 AM4/10/15
Thank goodness, all that ocean pollution is being taken care of by
ocean bacteria. What a relief!

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Apr 10, 2015, 12:16:05 PM4/10/15
In sci.physics HVAC <Mr....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/9/2015 10:34 PM, ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>> Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What make you think microbes clean up plastic? We don't
>>> see it happening anywhere.
>>
>> Wrong again, ass hat, though I am amazed he got one right.
>

> Even a blind pig gets a truffle every now and again?

A broken clock is right twice a day...

--
Jim Pennino

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Apr 10, 2015, 12:16:05 PM4/10/15
Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/9/15 9:34 PM, ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>> Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What make you think microbes clean up plastic? We don't
>>> see it happening anywhere.
>>
>> Wrong again, ass hat, though I am amazed he got one right.
>>

> Thank goodness, all that ocean pollution is being taken care of by
> ocean bacteria. What a relief!

Yes, eventually, just like all the land "pollution".

--
Jim Pennino

reber g=emc^2

Apr 10, 2015, 1:54:54 PM4/10/15
Sam I read that about microbes eating plastic in ocean.Its in a book Sam so it must be true.They clean the Earth.They gave all life to Earth.They keep all life on Earth alive. Humans would be dead in 8 days if they did not help our gut to digest food. All of this I read about 2 years ago by a lady auther. Treb agrees 100% TreBert

Sam Wormley

Apr 10, 2015, 2:11:59 PM4/10/15
On 4/10/15 11:03 AM, ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
> Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Wrong again, ass hat, though I am amazed he got one right.
>>>

>> Thank goodness, all that ocean pollution is being taken care of by
>> ocean bacteria. What a relief!
>
> Yes, eventually, just like all the land "pollution".

And human pollution (i.e, humans)

Sam Wormley

Apr 10, 2015, 2:14:01 PM4/10/15
On 4/10/15 12:54 PM, reber g=emc^2 wrote:
> Sam I read that about microbes eating plastic in ocean.Its in a book Sam so it must be true.

Books get outdated pretty quickly... and there are a lot of books
that are just plain wrong. The final arbiter is the hard data of
observation and experiment.

Sesiom

Apr 10, 2015, 2:39:12 PM4/10/15
On 4/10/2015 1:13 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
> On 4/10/15 12:54 PM, reber g=emc^2 wrote:
>> Sam I read that about microbes eating plastic in ocean.Its in a book
>> Sam so it must be true.

http://news.discovery.com/earth/oceans/plastic-eating-microbes-help-marine-debris-sink-140619.htm

Marine microbes digest plastic

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110328/full/news.2011.191.html

Welcome To The Plastisphere: The New World Of Microbes Living On Ocean
Plastic

Scientists have discovered that all the garbage in our ocean has created
a new community of microbes that live on our waste. What does this mean
for our ocean’s ecosystem?

http://www.fastcoexist.com/1682478/welcome-to-the-plastisphere-the-new-world-of-microbes-living-on-ocean-plastic

> Books get outdated pretty quickly... and there are a lot of books
> that are just plain wrong. The final arbiter is the hard data of
> observation and experiment.

books are eaten by microbes, higher the humidity, the faster they go.

HVAC

Apr 10, 2015, 4:18:00 PM4/10/15
On 4/10/2015 12:01 PM, ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

>>> Wrong again, ass hat, though I am amazed he got one right.
>>

>> Even a blind pig gets a truffle every now and again?
>
> A broken clock is right twice a day...

HVAC

Apr 10, 2015, 4:20:25 PM4/10/15
On 4/10/2015 1:54 PM, reber g=emc^2 wrote:

> Sam I read that about microbes eating plastic in ocean.Its in a book Sam so it must be true.They clean the Earth.They gave all life to Earth.They keep all life on Earth alive. Humans would be dead in 8 days if they did not help our gut to digest food. All of this I read about 2 years ago by a lady auther. Treb agrees 100% TreBert

It's gonna suck when Bert dies.

Sam Wormley

Apr 10, 2015, 4:44:29 PM4/10/15
On 4/10/15 3:21 PM, HVAC wrote:
> On 4/10/2015 1:54 PM, reber g=emc^2 wrote:
>>
>> Sam I read that about microbes eating plastic in ocean.Its in a book
>> Sam so it must be true.They clean the Earth.They gave all life to
>> Earth.They keep all life on Earth alive. Humans would be dead in 8
>> days if they did not help our gut to digest food. All of this I read
>> about 2 years ago by a lady auther. Treb agrees 100% TreBert
>

> It's gonna suck when Bert dies.

I have already experienced the passing of a least three folks I met
on USENET -- One in sci.geo.satellite-nav and two from sci.physics.
(sigh)

Alexander Abian, became a true crackpot, but he was a mathematics
professor friend of mine whom I could banter with in person.

I wonder whatever happened to Aladar Stolmer (tired light advocate).

I suspect Donald Shead bit the dust some years ago.

Tom Potter hasn't made an appearance for a while -- his web pages
are still up.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Apr 10, 2015, 6:16:05 PM4/10/15
Only a misanthropic piece of shit like you wuold call humans "pollution",
ass hat, and the fact that you do goes a long way in explainging your
agenda.

--
Jim Pennino

HVAC

Apr 11, 2015, 6:51:33 AM4/11/15
When Bert takes the long walk, rest assured *I* will announce his demise

On a lighter note, Treb will still be with us and I'm sure he will post
from time to time. (winkie face) In this manner Bert will live forever!

olli...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2020, 8:58:18 AM7/21/20
Interesting