beginner needs the info

OSbandito

Oct 27, 2006, 9:52:21 PM10/27/06
hello to brainiacs everywhere,

i posted a few questions last year but only received replies which
pointed out my ignorance. this fully acknowledged, i would still like a
few answers to my inquiries on liberties being taken with content taught
at schools at every level. will use two examples:
1) i asked how it is that the the celestial rod (my stage name), the
rigid rod extended out away from gravitational bodies would not move at
both ends when tugged upon. my earlier typical example was a 1 a.u.
length rod which might transmit motion from one end to the other faster
than a radio signal traversing the same distance. i know this has been
discussed elsewhere but i have never been able to learn what the
experimental basis is for rejection of this notion.
2) the 2nd and final thing i'll mention is the idea of the Big Bang.
this hypothesis is being taught in science texts as established fact, or
at least as a solid theory. in fact, the notion does not meet the tests
for establishing a theory. as a non-scientist, i approach the problem
from the viewpoint of logical argument and my own feelings about
statistical liklihood. so my question to Big Bang proponents: how likely
is it that a race barely emerged from the trees and caves has so soon
come upon the origins and extent of the universe?

~excuse the cross-posting