Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today.

sci.physics.research@googlegroups.com

EL EL

Sep 3, 2022, 2:34:22 AM9/3/22
Dear Colleagues,

Ran across this FREE excellent academic platform called figbox I would like to share with everyone. Click here: https://figbox.co/
From what I have read fIgbox allow early career researchers (e.g., postdocs) and junior scholars the ability support each other through the exchange of feedback and academic content in the following categories:

PhD admissions/application advice
Thesis selection/ literature review
Quantitative and qualitative analyses
Methodological approach and design
Feedback on working scholarship/grant
Feedback on working paper
Feedback on working thesis
Submission/publication advice
Replying to referee reviews from journal
Handling academic conflicts
General career advice
Transitioning from academia into workplace

Check it out may be useful. Note I opted to sign up via google.

Best Regards,

[[Mod. note -- The author of this post did not provide a name or any
other identifying information beyond what's on the "From:" line.

As for the website, Caveat Lector. As far as I can tell, this is some
sort of social network for academics. They offer options to sign in with
an ORCID or a google account. There's no obvious indication on the website
of who the principals are, and I have no idea of whether or not they are
selling user data to spammers^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H"partner" companies.
-- jt]]