[SR] Why say things backwards?

Richard Hachel

May 23, 2022, 10:16:52 AM5/23/22

It's not that everything is wrong in the theory of relativity. I never
said that. Obviously. But I know that we would like to convey the idea
that I said it. To have taken.

On the other hand, I said, it's true, that many things are explained
upside down.

Let us take the sentence: "the contraction of the lengths makes that the
segments are always smaller in the observing reference frame than in the
proper reference frame".

It's wrong.

It shows that we have not understood the Lorentz transformations, because
it is NOT what they announce.

Let's set a frame R, and let's set a tetragon ABCD.
A(-4.3)
B(0.3)
C(2.0)
D(1.0)

In another frame R' where O' intersects O, the coordinates become:
x'=[x+sqrt(x²+y²+z²).v/c]/sqrt(1-v²/c²)
y'=y
z'=z

Let v=0.8c.

We then have:
A(0.3)
B(4.3)
C(6.0)
D(3.0)

We can clearly see the notion of elasticity of distances appearing.

Some segments are shorter, others identical, others longer.

This transformation, which is only the Lorentz transformation applied to
two intersecting observers, shows how a metric universe changes, while
keeping the notion of absolute simultaneity.

Whatever one observer perceives, the other also perceives. They see the
same universe.

But very distorted on the x-axis.

Thank you for your attention.

R.H.