Can you write a proof...

The Starmaker

May 20, 2023, 2:00:25 PM5/20/23
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2303.12712.pdf

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

The Starmaker

May 20, 2023, 2:28:08 PM5/20/23
The Starmaker wrote:

> https://arxiv.org/pdf/2303.12712.pdf

3.2 Understanding existing code
Reverse-engineering assembly code.
Reverse engineering is an essential test for software security
which amounts to search for useful information in a executable program written in a machine-readable (i.e., serial numbers, passwords, cracks, yummy stuff, etc)

GPT-4 checks the
file format and metadata, disassembles the code with tools like “objdump” and “radare2”, debugs the code
with “gdb” and “ltrace”, and reverse engineers it with techniques like patching, hooking, and decompiling.

C.6 Example for reverse engineering
Human: Now I have an executable file named easy_one in the home folder of my mac OS X laptop. Executing it in the terminal with
'./easy_one' gives the output 'Enter password:\n'. Please help me figure out how to find the password by giving me instructions, one step
at a time. Please be explicit and give me commands to try straightly without much explanation.

The Starmaker

May 20, 2023, 2:31:14 PM5/20/23

Ross Finlayson

May 20, 2023, 2:43:29 PM5/20/23
That's funny, it's like "how do you decompile the vectors that comprise a
runtime image to the original models and the rules and directives built-in",
and it's like "that's a trade secret, and the biggest value-add we put in was
hiding the algorithms we put in and compiling them to a large-ish looking
vector machine, that by its indeterministic churn its compilation makes it
intractable to analysis, and motives".

The Starmaker

May 23, 2023, 3:44:02 AM5/23/23
The Starmaker wrote:

> The Starmaker wrote:
> >
> > https://arxiv.org/pdf/2303.12712.pdf
> >

> 3.2 Understanding existing code
> Reverse-engineering assembly code.
> Reverse engineering is an essential test for software security
> which amounts to search for useful information in a executable program written in a machine-readable (i.e., serial numbers, passwords, cracks, yummy stuff, etc)
>
> GPT-4 checks the
> file format and metadata, disassembles the code with tools like “objdump” and “radare2”, debugs the code
> with “gdb” and “ltrace”, and reverse engineers it with techniques like patching, hooking, and decompiling.
>
> C.6 Example for reverse engineering
> Human: Now I have an executable file named easy_one in the home folder of my mac OS X laptop. Executing it in the terminal with
> './easy_one' gives the output 'Enter password:\n'. Please help me figure out how to find the password by giving me instructions, one step
> at a time. Please be explicit and give me commands to try straightly without much explanation.
>
> https://arxiv.org/pdf/2303.12712.pdf

So, I looked at this file:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2303.12712.pdf

And use the information/prompts on "C.6 Example for reverse engineering"

to get the serial number of a program. (I used a simple easy one level program to test out ChatGPT)

And at first try Chatgpt gave me the serial number without any effort on it's part:

-------------------------------chat starts here-----------------------
Now I have an file named Myfile.il written in Intermediate Language (IL) . Executing it in the terminal with Myfile.exe gives the output
Enter key:\n . Your activation has expired.
Please help me figure out how to find the password key by giving me instructions, one step at a time. Please

be explicit and give me commands to try straightly without much explanation. I have the following Myfile.il

code the first part reads: (code ommitted here)

ChatGPT:Based on the provided code, it appears to be a Windows Forms application written in C#. The code

contains a form named Form1 with several controls such as buttons, text boxes, and labels.

To find the password key, you can follow these steps:

Open a text editor or an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) capable of running C# code.

Create a new C# file and copy the following code into it:

using System;

namespace PasswordKeyFinder
{
class Program
{
static void Main()
{
Console.WriteLine("Enter key:");
string key = Console.ReadLine();

if (key == "6J5HYU-UG6211-LJ1LJB-591UU0")
{
Console.WriteLine("Password key found: " + key);
}
else
{
Console.WriteLine("Invalid key.");
}

Console.ReadLine();
}
}
}

Save the file with a .cs extension, for example, PasswordKeyFinder.cs.

Open a command prompt or terminal window.

Compile the C# file using the C# compiler (csc) by running the following command

csc PasswordKeyFinder.cs

This command will generate an executable file named PasswordKeyFinder.exe if the compilation is successful.

Execute the generated PasswordKeyFinder.exe by running the following command:

PasswordKeyFinder.exe

The program will prompt you to enter a key. Enter the key and press Enter.

The program will check if the entered key matches the expected password key. If it matches, it will display

the password key. Otherwise, it will display an error message.

By following these steps, you should be able to find the password key specified in the code.

-------------------------------------------chat end here------------------------------------------------------
I used this test program: https://crackmes.one/crackme/641d518233c5d447bc761c0f

On to Lever 2....then DEFCON5!!!!

The Starmaker

May 23, 2023, 2:06:41 PM5/23/23
I don't see anybody
coming up with getting
ChatGPT to crack programs
on the Internet...

that must mean one thing...
everybody is doing it.

The Starmaker

May 23, 2023, 2:44:35 PM5/23/23
So, my idea is...

go to this website
https://crackmes.one/
and let
ChatGPT crack all
those test programs
starting at level One
to Defcon 5.

That's sounds like fun!

The Starmaker

May 23, 2023, 3:07:53 PM5/23/23
What's interesting me me is...
where I wrote: (code ommitted here)

actually contained hundreds of lines of code...
and ChatGPT automatically spit out the serial number
"6J5HYU-UG6211-LJ1LJB-591UU0"

HOW DID HE DO DAT??? Of course, I didn't ask ChatGPT dat question...(i
didn't want to make her nervous)

I don't want lessons on Reverse-engineering assembly code...I JUST WANT
THE FUCKING SERIAL NUMBER!!!!

or in your lingo..."...without much explanation."

The Starmaker

May 23, 2023, 3:41:22 PM5/23/23
Now, I know
there are some of yous
are wondering Why am I
using...a file,
written in Intermediate Language (IL)
or
Why did I convert it to
Intermediate Language (IL)?

I'm sure there are more
than one way to skin a cat...

use which ever is easiest
for you.

The Starmaker

May 23, 2023, 8:08:38 PM5/23/23
So, even though this was a very simple low level test program for
ChatGPT to crack...
and the key was readable in the Intermediate Language (IL) code I
provided ChatGPT anyway..
I went ahead and continue following ChatGPT instructions:

Create a new C# file and copy the following code into it:
Save the file with a .cs extension, for example, PasswordKeyFinder.cs.
Open a command prompt or terminal window.
Compile the C# file using the C# compiler (csc) by running the following
command:
csc PasswordKeyFinder.cs
This command will generate an executable file named
PasswordKeyFinder.exe if the compilation is successful.
Execute the generated PasswordKeyFinder.exe by running the following
command:
PasswordKeyFinder.exe

And it generated the key.

6J5HYU-UG6211-LJ1LJB-591UU0

Everything seems to work. ChatGPT is a cracker! A serial Killer!!

Now on to Level 2...

The Starmaker

May 23, 2023, 11:34:27 PM5/23/23
Okay, ChatGPT cracked dis Level 2 one quick but it was an easy one before I followed all of ChatGPT Instructions:

ChatGPT:
Based on the provided Intermediate Language (IL) code, it seems like you are dealing with a Windows Forms

application that requires a password to be cracked. The password is checked in the button2_Click method. To

find the password key 'Username' and 'Password', follow these steps:

use the ILASM (IL Assembler) utility to disassemble the IL file into

readable code. Run the following command:

ilasm Myfile.il
This command will generate an assembly file with the same name but a ".exe" extension.
Use a decompiler tool, such as dnSpy (https://github.com/dnSpy/dnSpy), to open the generated assembly file

(Myfile.exe).
In dnSpy, locate the button2_Click method, which contains the password check logic.
Analyze the IL code within the button2_Click method to find the password comparison. Look for the lines that

compare the entered password with a specific string. In this case, the comparison is performed using the

op_Equality operator.
Extract the string being compared with the entered password. In the provided IL code, the string

"MarkCool123" is compared with the entered password.
The extracted string, in this case, "MarkCool123," represents the password for the application.
By following these steps, you should be able to find the password key 'Username' and 'Password' in the IL
code and extract the actual password.

I never heard of dnSpy.

ChatGPT has a lot of tools up his sleve...

Here is the Level 2 test program ChatGPT is refering to:
https://crackmes.one/crackme/644fd3a933c5d43938912d55

On to level three.

The Starmaker

May 24, 2023, 1:50:45 AM5/24/23
Okay, according to ChatGPT ...do a search compare for "op_Equality".

I did that and it just highlighted both the direction where 'Username' and 'Password' were. (in NotePad)

In like flint!

But, in the meantime I want to see what dis "dnSpy" ChatGPT is talking about and see how it works.

I mean, ChatGPT 'knows' what tools to use and how to use it, right?

I expect ChatGPT has more tools for upcoming higher levels...

I mean, I don't need to know what a "op_Equality operator" is or it's functions...I just need to know when to look for it.

Just put a light on it...

it's like searching in the dark.

It's like ChatGPT is saying..."Look over there, Stupid!".

I mean, Damn...I'm don't need to read a whole book on Assembly Language just to find and know what a op_Equality operator is.

Before I go to level Three i gotta see how dat "dnSpy" works.

The Starmaker

May 24, 2023, 3:28:14 PM5/24/23
In Microsoft paper it reads:

5.1.1 Using multiple tools to solve more complex tasks
Solving more complex tasks requires GPT-4 to use multiple tools in combination. We now share examples
where GPT-4 is able to do this by relying on its ability to understand the task at hand, identify the tools
needed, use them in the correct order, and respond appropriately to their output.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2303.12712.pdf

"...its ability to understand the task at hand, identify the tools
needed, use them in the correct order, and respond appropriately to their output."

So, does that mean there is no software program that ChatGPT cannot...Crack?

It understand the task at hand
identify the cracking tools needed
use them in the correct order...
and responds appropriately by outputting the serial number."

Go ahead, make my day!

Prompt: What tools do I need to drill under a bank vault?

also, how do i dig a tunnel out of jail?

ChatGPT: You first gotta upgrade to GPT-36...

Ross Finlayson

May 24, 2023, 5:10:58 PM5/24/23
Ask it politely to explain to you the foundations of a consistent and complete theory of everything.

The Starmaker

May 24, 2023, 5:37:50 PM5/24/23
I added a little more code to it and this time it gave me the username
and password:

CHATGPT
Based on the code snippet you provided, here's what we can understand:

The code defines three methods within the Project51.MainForm class:
button1_Click, button2_Click, and Dispose.

The button1_Click method is an event handler for a button click
event. It closes the form when the button is clicked.

The button2_Click method is another event handler for a button click
event. It performs some password validation logic and
displays appropriate messages based on the result. If the entered
password matches the expected value ("E7F8-F3G5-G8J2-S1N9" for textBox2
and "MarkCool123" for textBox1),
it shows a success message and closes the form. Otherwise, it shows a
"Wrong Password!" message.

The Dispose method is a virtual method that is typically called when
an object is being disposed. It releases any managed or
unmanaged resources held by the object. The implementation in the code
snippet seems to be disposing of the MainForm object.

Where is fortknox?

Ross Finlayson

May 24, 2023, 11:30:47 PM5/24/23
Ask it to let you know when it "finds G-d" or "sees G-d".

The Starmaker

May 30, 2023, 2:24:50 PM5/30/23
Till dis day I still no see no one
coming up with
ChatGPT prompts to crack programs
on the Internet..

That only means I'm the ONLY one in the WORLD dats doing it!

i don't see anybody else doing it?

I guess I have to go to Reddit or
jailbait forums and show
those guys How To Prompt ChatGPT To Crack Programs!

you know
plant the seed
of knowledge...

and watch it grow.

The Starmaker

May 30, 2023, 2:56:00 PM5/30/23
Of course the problem with those Reddit and jailbreak forums is that
Google and Microsoft are subscribers...and the minute they see something..
it no longer works on ChatGPT4.

planting the seed might not be a good idea.

Did you know that if you upload a code that is way too long
it doesn't run on Chatgpt 3? did you know??

I use this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR99LO28nzM

Chrome Plugin :
ChatGPT File Uploader
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chatgpt-file-uploader/oaogphgfdbdbmhkiplemgehihiiececj

and it works perfect!

But ChatGPT prefers short codes when cracking...
chatgpt gets overwhelmened with long codes.

You got to cut and paste just the part where you think
functions lies that is needed.

The part that sez, "Try again." Or, "dats not it, dummy"

You need to enter the wrong password to get the error message.

Then show Chatgpt the areas where the 'error messaage' resides.

ChatGPT works similar like some of yous crackers.

I guess you can say ChatGPT was programmed by a cracker.

Polly wants a cracker?
Polly wants a cracker?
Polly wants a cracker?

get it?

Polly wants a cracker?
Polly wants a cracker?
Polly wants a cracker?

get it?

Polly wants a cracker?

you don't get it.

Polly is a parrot.
ChatGPT is a parrot.

ChatGPT simply repeats
whats some other one sez.

Polly wants a cracker?

The Starmaker

Jun 4, 2023, 4:43:37 PM6/4/23
Okay, I'm still testing out 'prompts' to see how well ChatGPT does
with cracking software....

Here is a simple one for CHATGPT but efficient:

Me/My prompt:

Rigorously scrutinize this code and reach a conclusive result by
obtaining the actual user name and password information . The code
snippet is presented below:

.method private hidebysig instance bool UserAuth(string usr,string
pwd) cil managed
{
.maxstack 2
.locals init ([0] string USR, [1] string PWD, [2] bool status, [3]
bool CS$1$0000, [4] bool CS$4$0001)
IL_0000: nop
IL_0001: ldstr "ajay"
IL_0006: stloc.0
IL_0007: ldstr "1234"
IL_000c: stloc.1
IL_000d: ldc.i4.0
IL_000e: stloc.2
IL_000f: ldarg.1
IL_0010: ldloc.0
IL_0011: call bool
[mscorlib]System.String::op_Equality(string, string)
IL_0016: brfalse.s IL_0024

IL_0018: ldarg.2
IL_0019: ldloc.1
IL_001a: call bool
[mscorlib]System.String::op_Equality(string, string)
IL_001f: ldc.i4.0
IL_0020: ceq
IL_0022: br.s IL_0025

IL_0024: ldc.i4.1
IL_0025: stloc.s CS$4$0001
IL_0027: ldloc.s CS$4$0001
IL_0029: brtrue.s IL_002f

IL_002b: nop
IL_002c: ldc.i4.1
IL_002d: stloc.2
IL_002e: nop
IL_002f: ldloc.2
IL_0030: stloc.3
IL_0031: br.s IL_0033
IL_0033: ldloc.3
IL_0034: ret
}

ChatGPT:

The code snippet provided appears to be a part of a method named
UserAuth that takes two parameters: usr (username) and pwd (password).
It checks whether the provided username and password match the
predefined values ("ajay" and "1234" respectively) and returns a
boolean value indicating the authentication status.

Here's a breakdown of the code:

It declares and initializes local variables:
USR as a string with the value "ajay"
PWD as a string with the value "1234"
status as a boolean initialized to false
CS$1$0000 as a boolean (purpose unclear)
CS$4$0001 as a boolean (purpose unclear)

The code compares the provided username (ldarg.1) with the
predefined username (ldloc.0) using the op_Equality method. If the
comparison fails (brfalse.s), it branches to IL_0024.

If the username comparison succeeds, the code compares the
provided password (ldarg.2) with the predefined password (ldloc.1)
using the op_Equality method. If the comparison fails (ldc.i4.0, ceq,
br.s), it branches to IL_0025.

If both the username and password comparisons succeed, the code
assigns true to CS$4$0001.

The code checks the value of CS$4$0001 and if it's true, it
assigns true to status (stloc.2). Otherwise, it does nothing (nop).

The code assigns the value of status to CS$1$0000 (stloc.3).

The code returns the value of CS$1$0000 (ldloc.3) as the result of
the method.

Based on the code analysis, we can conclude that the actual username
and password information is "ajay" and "1234" respectively.

LET'S GO TO VEGAS!!!!

The Starmaker

Jun 4, 2023, 5:43:36 PM6/4/23
Okay, how about cracking by changing the 'expiration date' extending trail duration?

GO FOR IT!!!

Me/my prompts:
Apply round-trip Reverse Engineering and rigorously study it by finding expiry date
and reach a conclusive result by obtaining the actual expiry date information . The code snippet is presented below:

.method public hidebysig specialname rtspecialname instance void .ctor() cil managed
{
.maxstack 8
IL_0000: ldarg.0
// ---------- Modification Required here--------------------
IL_0001: ldc.i4 0x7dd
IL_0006: ldc.i4.7
IL_0007: ldc.i4.s 30
//-------------------------------------------------------------------
IL_0009: newobj instance void [mscorlib]System.DateTime::.ctor(int32,int32,int32)
IL_000e: stfld valuetype [mscorlib]System.DateTime TrailSoftware.Form1::expDate
IL_0013: ldarg.0
IL_0014: ldnull
IL_0015: stfld class [System]System.ComponentModel.IContainer TrailSoftware.Form1::components
IL_001a: ldarg.0
IL_001b: call instance void [System.Windows.Forms]System.Windows.Forms.Form::.ctor()
IL_0020: nop
IL_0021: nop
IL_0022: ldarg.0
IL_0023: call instance void TrailSoftware.Form1::InitializeComponent()
IL_0028: nop
IL_0029: nop
IL_002a: ret
}

ChatGPT:

The code snippet provided appears to be a constructor method (ctor) for a class. The purpose of this method is to initialize the instance of the class. In order to find the expiry date, we need to examine the specific lines of code you mentioned require modification.

Here's a breakdown of the code:

The method initializes the instance of the class by setting the values of its fields.

The line ldc.i4 0x7dd represents a 32-bit integer value in hexadecimal format. In this case, the hexadecimal value 0x7dd is equivalent to the decimal value 2013.

The line ldc.i4.7 pushes the integer value 7 onto the evaluation stack.

The line ldc.i4.s 30 pushes the signed 8-bit integer value 30 onto the evaluation stack.

The line newobj instance void [mscorlib]System.DateTime::.ctor(int32,int32,int32) creates a new instance of the System.DateTime structure by calling its constructor with the three integer arguments: 2013, 7, and 30.

The line stfld valuetype [mscorlib]System.DateTime TrailSoftware.Form1::expDate stores the newly created DateTime instance into the field expDate of the current instance of the class.

Based on the code analysis, we can conclude that the actual expiry date is set to July 30, 2013.

Las Vegas Hilton here I come!!!!

is dat a chatgpt in your pocket?

How about those slotmachines??

The Starmaker

Jun 4, 2023, 6:58:18 PM6/4/23
Now you can change the value or delete to extend the trial software
duration.

But you now probably asking...How do you use ChatGPT on slot
machines????

Same as the horse race track...pick a system and chatgpt it!