Do You Get This?

whodat

Feb 2, 2023, 8:35:53 PM2/2/23
I ran across this today and I wonder how many of the loony
participants willing to watch this actually get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIhgxav9LY

patdolan

Feb 3, 2023, 2:26:36 AM2/3/23
Yes, whodat(maker), I get it. Young Veritasium was heavily criticized across the science interweb for this video's shortcomings and so, issued a corrected version. I am too tired to find the link for you.

The bottom line is that wire are the "substrates" for EM fields. And EM fields are the true conveyors of power; not materials such as copper.

Volney

Feb 3, 2023, 3:44:39 PM2/3/23
One thing I learned here over the years is that many cranks here will
describe a light wave as having electric and magnetic fields offset by
90 degrees. That is, the energy is in the electric field, then 1/4
wavelength later it's in the magnetic field, then 1/4 wavelength later
back in the electric field (now reversed), then in the magnetic field
(reversed), then repeat for the next wave cycle. This is how a resonant
L/C circuit works, initially the capacitor is charged with the energy in
it, 1/4 cycle the current is at a max so energy is in the inductor, 1/4
cycle later back to the capacitor etc.

If you work out the Poynting Vector for the crank's light wave, there is
no net energy flow. Light would not transfer energy. Same for the L/C
circuit, but that's correct since it doesn't (in theory) transfer energy.

whodat

Feb 3, 2023, 4:26:40 PM2/3/23
Now lets see what our local (in this time frame) cranks do with what you
wrote.

Maciej Wozniak

Feb 4, 2023, 1:50:05 AM2/4/23
On Friday, 3 February 2023 at 21:44:39 UTC+1, Volney wrote:
> On 2/2/2023 8:35 PM, whodat wrote:
> > I ran across this today and I wonder how many of the loony
> > participants willing to watch this actually get it.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIhgxav9LY
> One thing I learned here over the years is that many cranks here will
> describe

their ISO idiocy as some "Newton mode".

J. J. Lodder

Feb 4, 2023, 3:55:35 AM2/4/23
So it is a standing wave.
Next they will want to know the one way speed of it...

Jan

Tom Roberts

Feb 4, 2023, 12:21:39 PM2/4/23
On 2/3/23 2:44 PM, Volney wrote:
> One thing I learned here over the years is that many cranks here
> will describe a light wave as having electric and magnetic fields
> offset by 90 degrees. That is, the energy is in the electric field,
> then 1/4 wavelength later it's in the magnetic field, then 1/4
> wavelength later back in the electric field (now reversed), then in
> the magnetic field (reversed), then repeat for the next wave
> cycle.[...]

That is for a standing wave inside a resonant cavity. In free space, for
a plane wave propagating through vacuum in a specified direction, the E
and B fields are both maxima at the same points in spacetime, and are
both zero at the same points in spacetime -- they are NOT offset by 90
degrees in phase. Those points of maxima and minima move with speed c in
the directions of propagation.

Tom Roberts

Johni Luzzatto

Feb 4, 2023, 1:45:40 PM2/4/23
absolutely, the Morone is confusing light with the alternative current
tapped from walls through a wire. Even wikipedia once made this mistake.

whodat

Feb 4, 2023, 2:58:39 PM2/4/23

Johni Luzzatto

Feb 4, 2023, 3:24:03 PM2/4/23
whodat wrote:

>>> That is for a standing wave inside a resonant cavity. In free space,
>>> for a plane wave propagating through vacuum in a specified direction,
>>> the E and B fields are both maxima at the same points in spacetime,
>>> and are both zero at the same points in spacetime -- they are NOT
>>> offset by 90 degrees in phase. Those points of maxima and minima move
>>> with speed c in the directions of propagation.
>>
>> absolutely, the Morone is confusing light with the alternative current
>> tapped from walls through a wire. Even wikipedia once made this
>> mistake.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch

shut the fuck up, imbecile.

Volney

Feb 4, 2023, 5:41:33 PM2/4/23
You know this, I know this, but many of the cranks insist that all light
has an offset of 90 degrees so (I guess) the power is the same
everywhere along its length.

Johni Luzzatto

Feb 4, 2023, 6:32:35 PM2/4/23
Volney wrote:

>> That is for a standing wave inside a resonant cavity. In free space,
>> for a plane wave propagating through vacuum in a specified direction,
>> the E and B fields are both maxima at the same points in spacetime, and
>> are both zero at the same points in spacetime -- they are NOT offset by
>> 90 degrees in phase. Those points of maxima and minima move with speed
>> c in the directions of propagation.
>>
> You know this, I̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶, but m̶a̶n̶y̶ o̶f̶ t̶h̶e̶ c̶r̶a̶n̶k̶s̶ i̶n̶s̶i̶s̶t̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ all light
> has a̶n̶ o̶f̶f̶s̶e̶t̶ o̶f̶ 90 d̶e̶g̶r̶e̶e̶s̶ so (I guess) the power is the same
>> everywhere along its length.

you don't even know what power is, because you just said the opposite.

Meanwhile, amazing stupid. The Chinese army can always proclaim, they made
*_directed_evolution_* and *_gain_of_function_* on corona in that balloon,
to make better "vaccines" for the people of america and canada.

you can even see the corona coming out from the balloon!! They are saying
"it is good".

Balloon is down... phew
https://%62%69%74%63%68%75%74%65.com/%76%69%64%65%6f/9L4ATIa0nHAZ

Ukrainian 'Refugees' Brutally Beat *_Polish_Man_In_Poland_* : "WTF Did You
Say About Ukraine"
https://%62%69%74%63%68%75%74%65.com/%76%69%64%65%6f/iZTIX8kaLLSe

Turkish Interior Minister Tells U.S. Ambassador:
*_"Get_Your_Dirty_Hands_Off_Turkey"_*
https://%62%69%74%63%68%75%74%65.com/%76%69%64%65%6f/T2ditOtAvSp8

Amerikanski AA can't handle a balloon
https://%62%69%74%63%68%75%74%65.com/%76%69%64%65%6f/ACDDGnRypfnp

whodat

Feb 4, 2023, 7:13:15 PM2/4/23

Volney

Feb 5, 2023, 4:32:52 AM2/5/23
You're close. It lives in this one. The mixup is understandable.

https://townsquare.media/site/79/files/2022/06/attachment-Front-of-the-building.png?w=720&h=539&q=75

Chris M. Thomasson

Feb 5, 2023, 4:59:52 AM2/5/23
:^)

Estaban Alduino

Feb 5, 2023, 5:23:39 AM2/5/23
Volney wrote:

>> A̶r̶e̶ y̶o̶u̶ s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ l̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ i̶n̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ a̶b̶a̶n̶d̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶?
>>
>> <https://365atlantatraveler.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Central-
State-Hospital-1-1275x850.jpg>

> Y̶o̶u̶'r̶e̶ c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶. I̶t̶ l̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ i̶n̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ o̶n̶e̶. T̶h̶e̶ m̶i̶x̶u̶p̶ i̶s̶ u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶a̶b̶l̶e̶.

nevermind this bullshit, you try saving your ass, lying and pretending
understanding power for the travelling light. If in phase, what is the
*_power_near_zero_cross_section_*, you demented freak??

you don't undrestand *_electricity_* , and the war in uKraine, morone!