Plasma Reactor may not be working for one simple reason.

The Flavored Coffee Guy

Apr 14, 2010, 12:30:51 PM4/14/10

The equation as a whole does not ride on temperature alone. I think
we left out K. The actual operating voltages involved in producing
the plasmas are still too low. What I mean is that you may require
something like a tesla coil running at 100 million volts, or need to
fire single microwave pulses through an solenoid to pull it off. A
simple Gas Discharge Tube could swing it. Of course, it would only
carry the transient from the overvoltage through the waveguide any
resonable distance. But, the coil would see a changing magnetic field
that was based upon the energy of that transient and be carried off at
the frequency limits of the waveguide. That just means a small
capacitor bank, or probably just a doorknob capacitor designed for the
task. It wouldn't require a high value of capitance just heavy
connectors for a quick discharge at a high current. I GHz on 1 Henry
is allot of volts. But, the coil has to be the target of the
waveguide. You'd probably be firing into a funnel shaped coil that's
inside diameter started the same as the waveguide.

Point being, higher voltages represent higher kinetic energies . It's
similar to utilizing a photoneutron or a laser to commit fusion or
fission. Until the plasma is so hot that it contains those photons,
or the the total abundance of energy presented by the plasma reaches
that threshold, fission or fusion will not occur. The photoneutron
pretty well resolves the issue here. The combined amount of binding
energy must be there at that point.

When you look at the types of atom smashers there have been in the
past, some are just Van DeGraff Generators. There would be some push
and pull involved in sending a high voltage transient through the
plasma.

A neutron counter, gamma ray counter, x-ray counter all working
together should allow you to make a determination as to whether the
transient assist and kinetic energy fluxuations do anything to change
the rates. I'm thinking that the binding energy that plays a role
with photons and fission and or fusion can be achieved with a combo
punch inside of a tokamak or similar design.

The set up should be simple because, you'd just be using one of your
pipes/waveguides to produce a transient instead of maintaining a full
blown magnetron or something to that effect. The field should be in
excess of 1 billion volts. Hitting that inductor doesn't stop it from
moving from that junction down another waveguide.

All I am saying is that the combined energy of the heat/photon isn't
quite enough as of yet. From what I've seen of the designs, you're
having no trouble producing high currents. But the photon is
consistant of two sides of an electromagnetic wave. EMM and EMF. I
don't believe the EMF, or electro motive force is high enough and the
electrons would be moving allot faster through the medium. The
electron's collisions only change the nucli temperature. But, a
direct impact imparts the velocity of the electron divided down by the
mass of the nucli. So, the nucli would hit higher velocities with the
plasma as well. So, everything about that working is not thermal.