**Working model of a new design electric gun. Implementations of this invention can send a heavy bullet out of the planet**

banerjee...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2022, 8:12:54 PM8/29/22
Title of video:
**Working model of a new design electric gun. Implementations of this invention can send a heavy bullet out of the planet**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6pjy0Wvujs

__Those interested, please view this and share. I get very few views of my youtube videos as per my site, and I am puzzled about that. I have over 1500 facebook friends, and if even 10% view it I should get 150 views. But my videos get only around 10 views or so, and that is strange. --
The following video, among others, is the result of 23 years of solitary endeavour.

This gun when fully developed can fire hypersonic missiles, send small satellites to orbit, blast asteroids that could impact Earth, and could be modified for very efficient horizontal drilling, for tunnelling and mining.
There are four experiments done in this video film. They have been done in my garage. I apologize for the untidiness shown there. I have not been keeping too well these days; all I could do was to make the apparatus after doing the design work, and then perform these experiments.
The armature/bullet and the 8.1V 2000F power pack is the same as earlier experiments as shown in
This gun is bigger at 1.6m length.
The gun is mounted on rollers, but is held back by a brick support to indicate extent of its backward motion, to judge the extent of recoil.
Well, it worked but not with full success. The armature went off the rails near the end, and the brick went back only by a little distance. The electric force upon the rolling armature/bullet had pushed the whole gun forward and through friction upon the rails pushed the brick a little backwards. In all guns the tendency is to push back the gun (recoil) by an equal force. The lack of equal reaction for the rail gun verifies the lack of reaction seen in earlier experiments by the researcher, starting from Oct. 2015.
The momentum of the armature created was 10.94 Kg-m/s horizontally (that a high power rifle bullet) and 0.069 Kg-m/s vertically (anti-gravity). Observe that as there was no equal reaction, this momentum was created, meaning that the law of conservation of momentum was violated.
The circuit resistance is of the order of (average voltage divided by average current or 7.5/4412 😊 1.7 milliohms.
Obtaining such a low circuit resistance is the key innovation for this new invention, the low voltage heavy armature rail gun.
The formula for the force upon the armature is Li^2 where L is a constant depending upon the rail gun cross-section and i is the current in the circuit. The high current is caused by the low resistance between the armature and the rails, of the order of milliohms. As the circuit resistance is in the order of milliohms, even with a low voltage like 8.1V we get a few thousands of amperes of current.
If the voltage was 10 times higher, for same circuit resistance, then the current would be 10 times more and the force upon the bullet 100 times more
In this experiment (the second) the armature veered off to the left.
Fail better next time, what!
This time the centre of gravity of the armature has been found and set at the midpoint of the rails. Let us see what happens!
This time, I am setting the centre of gravity of the bullet/armature in the middle point between the two rails or balance. Observe that the armature has to run uphill, as is usual for this set of experiments. We observe that the result now is similar to that of the first experiment. The armature ran some 1.15m down the rails before veering off.
The voltage before the firing was 8.22 V and 7.02 V after. Drop of 1.2 Volts or 2400 Coulombs of charge discharged. The armature was on the rails for 0.54 seconds. The average current was 2400C/0.54s= 4444 Amperes.
If instead of just 8.22V, the voltage had been 20,000 Volts with the same circuit resistance the armature would have been blasted out of the planet with this gun.
With very powerful and efficient rail guns of this new design, we can blast asteroids before they impact Earth.
To solve the issue of the armature going sideways, its mass was increased to 7.16 Kg and length to 1m.
As the mass is more than doubled I expect the acceleration to be less than half.
This experiment worked perfectly.
The armature is on the rails for 2.23seconds. Voltage drop 4.12V, charge discharged 2000*4.12=8240C; Average current is 8240/2.23=3695Amps
The more we live underground and move in tunnels, the better use can be made of the surface. This invention can be used for fast and powerful horizontal drilling into the hardest rock for efficient tunneling.
A 2000V, 2milliohm circuit, on a heavy armature will create a force of 1.5 million newtons on such a rail gun. For tunneling, the rails must be much thicker to support a million amperes of current.
On a 1 meter long gun, that will cause a 1000Kg drill head to accelerate at 1500m/s/s. The impact momentum will be 54772 MKS units. The resultant pressure can crack anything easily.
This new design electromagnetic rail gun can be used to launch satellites into orbit very cheaply and efficiently. To launch a 100Kg satellite into orbit, a 9000V, 2milliohm circuit on rails 200m long is required. That will take 150,000 coulombs of charge.(No rockets, no fuel, no waste.) Cost price, 100 million US dollars.

Arindam Banerjee
Director
HTN Research Pty Ltd.