Active forums for Nanotechnology?

hannahf...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2012, 5:07:02 PM8/30/12

I think it's safe to assume that this newsgroup is dead. Most ISP's no longer
provide Usenet and there are few alternatives left.

What's a good replacement for the newsgroup? Do people still discuss
Nanotechnology? If so, where?

It seems like nearly everybody is on Facebook these days. Would that be a good
place to move this group?

David Mitchell

Sep 1, 2012, 2:25:00 PM9/1/12
You might be interested in the Transhumanist news mailing list:

They have occasional Nanotech items; but it's all good.

--
David Mitchell
No, not that one.

kautha...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2012, 10:15:48 PM9/4/12

I am new to this, and I m very passionate to connect biomedical engineering and
nanotechnology. If you know where we can actually move,,please contact me.

BEST REGARDS
kay

kirag...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2012, 10:44:48 PM12/12/12
[ Moderator's note: the moderation software only understands simple ASCII,
so UTF encoded posts from web browsers come in looking like some of the
following. I have replaced the easy code "=20" with spaces, but have left
the rest as-is. -JimL ]

=D0=BF=D1=8F=D1=82=D0=BD=D0=B8=D1=86=D0=B0, 31 =D0=B0=D0=B2=D0=B3=D1=83=D1=
=81=D1=82=D0=B0 2012=C2=A0=D0=B3., 1:07:02 UTC+4 =D0=BF=D0=BE=D0=BB=D1=8C=
=D0=B7=D0=BE=D0=B2=D0=B0=D1=82=D0=B5=D0=BB=D1=8C hannahf...@gmail.com =D0=
=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BB:
Sadly I don't know any such website (I have searched quite a lot with
intentions similar to yours).
There is a lot of comments on Drexler's blog, though.
Also, people still discuss molecular nanotechnology in nanoengineer-dev, group
devoted to development of nanoengineer-1 - molecular CAD.

I think that such forum should be created, if there is demand for it to exist.

Jim Logajan

Dec 20, 2012, 12:20:27 AM12/20/12

kirag...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sadly I don't know any such website (I have searched quite a lot with
> intentions similar to yours).
> There is a lot of comments on Drexler's blog, though.
> Also, people still discuss molecular nanotechnology in
> nanoengineer-dev, group devoted to development of nanoengineer-1 -
> molecular CAD.
>
> I think that such forum should be created, if there is demand for it
> to exist.

I'm willing to help fund and/or create a lightly moderated nanotechnology
web forum.

The main problem with blogs is that the blogger pretty much dictates the
main topics - and the blog is centered on the blogger. And the problem with
some of the other discussion groups is that their focus is often just a bit
too narrow to encompass all the topics people want to discuss.

If anyone still checking in on this newsgroup is interested in discussing
this, feel free to post here or contact me directly via email at
Jam...@Lugoj.com

Selection of a domain name, choice of web forum software, where to host,
and how to get the word out about the existence of such a forum once it is
started are some of the basic things that need to be worked out.

Jim