Re: Is it time to close worthless NASA?

Byker

Jan 28, 2016, 7:21:46 PM1/28/16
"Gy" wrote in message
news:27cddacd-45ef-4ba1...@googlegroups.com...

> The billions $ wasted on NASA could be used for poor blacks and illegals.

Had $17 trillon not been wasted on LBJ's Great Society programs, we'd have
colonies on the moon and men on Mars by now.

VERY interesting read: "'Whitey on the Moon': Race, Politics, and the death
of the U.S. Space Program, 1958 - 1972" by Paul Kersey (2014)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23345756-whitey-on-the-moon
"We went to the moon. This is a fact. Indisputable, except to those
conspiracy theorists clinging to their belief some sinister plot was hatched
by the US Government to conceal our inability to navigate to earth's natural
satellite.

"On July 20, 1969, man first stood on the moon; on December 18, 1972, man
stood on the moon for the last time. What happened to end the dream of space
exploration, left instead to the colorful imagination of Trekkies and
science fiction fans believing some diverse band of humans could navigate
the heavens in a utopian future?

"The US Government neutered NASA by forcing a much different mission upon
the space agency: diversity and the promotion of blacks. We went to the
moon.

"On multiple occasions. When NASA was nearly all-white, with an all-white
astronaut team. But in 1972, the Apollo program was grounded, with the Space
Shuttle program becoming a glorified experiment in social engineering and
special interest group cheerleading. Each successive launch included women,
blacks, and other racial minorities, not for the sake of exploration, but
for the sake of gender and racial cheerleading.

"The glory of NASA and mankind's great moments in space exploration were all
milestones performed under the watchful of an almost completely white NASA,
devoid of the hindrance of affirmative action programs and the shackles of
Equal Employment Opportunity mandates.

"The mandate then was to get the moon; the mandate soon after was the
promotion of blackness and diversity, at the expense of the initial dream of
exploring the stars.

"'Whitey on the Moon': Race, Politics, and the death of the U.S. Space
Program, 1958 - 1972 tells the shocking story of NASA's demise from an angle
never-before told: the racial angle.

"Learn the story of Captain Ed Dwight, the black Air Force pilot the Kennedy
Administration tried to force on NASA; learn about how General Curtis LeMay
and Lt. Colonel Chuck Yeager demanded accountability and stood against what
the latter deemed "reverse racism" in how the Kennedy Administration forced
a black astronaut candidate on NASA just for the sake of having a black
astronaut candidate.

"Learn about the "Poor People's Campaign" (led by Rev. Ralph Abernathy),
which protested the launch of Apollo 11 on July 16th, 1969, by showing up
with a horse and buggy.

"Rev. Abernathy demanded the money going to Apollo and space exploration be
redistributed to fight poverty and starvation in America's inner cities...

"And his vision won out.

"The final chapters of the book deal not with the exploration and
colonization of new worlds, but the redistributing of wealth to pay for
EBT/SNAP Food Stamps cards and other welfare payouts.

"We could have been on Mars, but we had to fund Black-Run American
instead..."

Byker

Jan 28, 2016, 10:58:46 PM1/28/16
"David E. Powell" wrote in message

<snip>

The last time I recall seeing Ralph Abernathy on TV was at an Apollo liftoff
in 1971 or 1972. When a reporter asked him what he thought about man flying
to the moon, he said, "It makes me feel happy. I feel so happy that I
almost forgot about all the black people going hungry in America." TNB!!