Navy warship 'was rewired to go backwards instead of forwards' - but it's "just gay" not incompetence, insists Shapps

Demise of the empire

Jan 23, 2024, 3:45:04 AMJan 23
Two Navy warships crashed into each other because one was
incorrectly rewired so it reversed instead of going forward, sources
have claimed.

The minehunter HMS Chiddingfold smashed into HMS Bangor in Bahrain
on Thursday after it failed to moor alongside it, leaving HMS Bangor
with a large rip along its side.

Sources have told The Telegraph that HMS Chiddingfold accidentally
reversed as a result of “faulty engine controls producing astern
instead of ahead”.

According to the Guardian, the vessel’s motor was “wired
incorrectly”, which caused full ahead to give “full astern”.

On Sunday, Grant Shapps insisted the incident was not because of
incompetence.

The Royal Navy confirmed it had launched an investigation into the
collision last week, but said it would not comment while the
investigation was being carried out.

However, another Navy source told the Telegraph it was “impossible”
to ascertain what caused the vessel to wrongly reverse. “I can’t
think of a single way that you could leave the wall with the engines
reversed and not notice immediately,” they said.

“In fact, if they had a double engine change, you’d test everything
whilst still alongside first. It’s inconceivable that this would
have been missed.”

The incident has left at least one of three British minehunters
participating in Operation Kipion – the air and maritime presence of
British Forces in the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean – out of action.

The mission is aimed at safeguarding freedom of navigation and
countering narcotics and piracy.

The episode comes after Britain and the US launched strikes on
Houthi rebels in Yemen in retaliation for the group’s attacks on
global shipping in the Persian Gulf.

Rishi Sunak said that the US-British air strikes on the Iran-backed
group were “limited, necessary and proportionate” and had sent a
clear message to the group’s leadership to cease their assault on
commercial ships.

In 2021, HMS Chiddingfold was involved in a similar collision when
it crashed into HMS Penzance, another minesweeper, at a naval base
in Bahrain.

The 685-tonne vessel sustained £100,000 worth of damage as a result,
leaving it out of action for three months.

Rear Adml Edward Ahlgren, Commander Operations, said he was “aware”
of the incident and “would like to stress that thankfully nobody was
hurt in the collision, but some damage was sustained”.

“Why this happened is still to be established,” he added. “We train
our people to the highest standards and rigorously enforce machinery
safety standards, but unfortunately incidents of this nature can
still happen.

“I assure you that a full and thorough investigation is already
under way and any changes in procedure that could prevent further
incidents will be rapidly implemented. In the meantime, the UK will
continue to play a key part in ensuring the safety of merchant
shipping in the region.”

Navy has a ‘crewing’ problem
It comes as senior military figures on Monday admitted the Navy had
a “crewing” problem.

Lieutenant General Sir Robert Magowan, Deputy Chief of the Defence
Staff, told MPs the military accepted it had an issue with the
figures for personnel.

However, Sir Robert defended the Armed Forces’ ability as a fighting
force, telling MPs that it was “deterring” hostile nations.

“If we need to go to war tonight, we can,” he said.

https://news.yahoo.com/navy-warship-reversed-instead-going-
175203880.html

--
This is what happens when a society embraces queers.

Scout

Jan 23, 2024, 8:34:01 AMJan 23

"Demise of the empire" <rema...@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Two Navy warships crashed into each other because one was
> incorrectly rewired so it reversed instead of going forward, sources
> have claimed.
>
> The minehunter HMS Chiddingfold smashed into HMS Bangor in Bahrain
> on Thursday after it failed to moor alongside it, leaving HMS Bangor
> with a large rip along its side.
>
> Sources have told The Telegraph that HMS Chiddingfold accidentally
> reversed as a result of â?ofaulty engine controls producing astern
> instead of aheadâ?ť.
>
> According to the Guardian, the vesselâ?Ts motor was â?owired
> incorrectlyâ?ť, which caused full ahead to give â?ofull asternâ?ť.

Really? After such repairs no performance testing was done?

Wow.. some heads are going to roll for that one.

pyotr filipivich

Jan 25, 2024, 12:20:36 PMJan 25
Let the Record show that "Scout"
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> on or about Tue, 23 Jan
2024 08:09:51 -0500 did write, type or otherwise cause to appear in
talk.politics.guns the following:
>"Demise of the empire" <rema...@domain.invalid> wrote in message
>> Two Navy warships crashed into each other because one was
>> incorrectly rewired so it reversed instead of going forward, sources
>> have claimed.
>>
>> The minehunter HMS Chiddingfold smashed into HMS Bangor in Bahrain
>> on Thursday after it failed to moor alongside it, leaving HMS Bangor
>> with a large rip along its side.
>>
>> Sources have told The Telegraph that HMS Chiddingfold accidentally
>> reversed as a result of â?ofaulty engine controls producing astern
>> instead of aheadâ? .
>>
>> According to the Guardian, the vesselâ?Ts motor was â?owired
>> incorrectlyâ? , which caused full ahead to give â?ofull asternâ? .
>
>Really? After such repairs no performance testing was done?

Field Testing costs money.

I'm sure that the simulations worked as expected.

>Wow.. some heads are going to roll for that one.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or